Phantis Forums

UEFA Cup: Rapid Bukurest - PAOK

Ziaka

On Thursday PAOK plays its 3rd game of the UEFA Cup group stage. Following the defeats to Shakhtar and Stuttgart our chances of qualifying are very limited, and only with a win can we keep any hopes. The game will be televised on ANT1 in Greece.

I want PAOK to go out and play hard for the win. We will need our offense to perform very well in this game. I think it's time for Salpiggis and Miecel to show their stuff. Something they have not been doing in recent games.

I think PAOK can get a win in Bukurest, but any result is possible in my opinion.

My optimistic prediction is 1-2 for PAOK.

Go PAOK!!! We are due for a win, and it's now or never for this year....

Vardaris,

I hear you, regarding Stuttgart and Rapid going for the draw, that is a very likely possibility (if PAOK wins their next two games)... If that happens, then our only other hope is for Rennes to beat Shakhtar..., and on a good note, Rennes still has a tiny outside shot at qualifying; so they won't play dead. You never know, stranger things have happened... Unfortunately, Rennes is looking pretty bad this season. Regardless, we also need to make up some point differential, and win our games by a decent margin. That's alot to think about (and ask for), so at this point we might as well just play for pride, and see what happens.

I think we will have a problem on defense with Udese not in the lineup.

I think Kostikos will field the following lineup (4-4-2 system):

1 - Fernadez

4 - Feutchine, Karypidis (or Megahed), Hasiotis, Charalambous

4 - Christodoulopoulos, Zagorakis, Iliadis, Konstantinidis

2 - Mieciel, Salpiggidis

Watch for Shikabala to come in during the second half.

Looks like the Romanians are getting cocky. Here is a report from UEFA.com:

It's got to be perfect for Rapid

Wednesday, 30 November 2005

by Paul-Daniel Zaharia & Vassiliki Papantonopoulou

After wins against Stade Rennais FC and FC Shakhtar Donetsk in UEFA Cup Group G, AFC Rapid Bucuresti will be confident of maintaining their 100 per cent record at home to PAOK FC on Matchday 4.

'Historic' moment

With their defence unbeaten after two games, Rapid coach Razvan Lucescu is eager to secure the third victory which would ensure progress to the knockout rounds. "We will have to give our all on the pitch," said Lucescu. "It needs to be perfect and we must not make a single mistake. We want it to be a historic night and we are determined to make that happen."

National pride

Striker Daniel Niculae, the Romanian club's leading scorer, is also confident of taking three points at the Giulesti stadium. "We will not hear the strains of the Sirtaki [a Greek tune] but the Romanian and Rapid anthems - because we will win."

Pressure off

Should the Divizia A side prevail, it will spell the end of PAOK's UEFA Cup dream. The Greek Alpha Ethniki outfit remain point-less after two matches, yet coach Georgios Kostikos believes his team's humble status puts the pressure firmly on the home side.

Karypidis poised

"We have nothing to lose any more," said Kostikos, who is likely to replace suspended centre-back Ifeanyi Udeze with Christos Karypidis. "Rapid, on the other hand, will be desperate for a result. We must be more attack-minded and take more risks if we are to win. We will look to control the game and strike when the opportunity arises. But, most of all, we will need luck on our side. That is what we have lacked so far against [FC] Shakhtar Donetsk and [VfB] Stuttgart."

The report fails to mention what Kostikos said, when some reporters asked him about the son beating the father in the Shakhtar - Rapid game: "In my opinion Shakhtar is a very good team, and I am sure the whole family was very happy with the result". He clearly hints at the fact that the father/son duo arranged the result to benefit both.

"K

Rapid - PAOK 1-0 at the end of first half. Rapid scored in the injury time of the 1st half with a free kick. PAOK had not created a single chance in the first half. Not good for a team that needs to win the game.

Euxaristw Giwrgo.

Sxolia gia to prwto nmixrovo:

H Rapid paei pio grngora stn mpala

O PAOK eivai fluaros sto kevtro kai exei proBlnma va kratnsei tn mpala

To gkol ntav apo stnmevn alla kai me la8os stnmevo toixos.

Sxolia gia to deutero pou arxizei se ligo:

Na afnsouve tous komple3ismous kai va mpouve mesa va parouv to paixvidi

To mats teleiwvei sto 90 (suv ta extra) oxi sto 45.

Gia meva n vootropia olwv twv omadwv mas prepei va eivai "paizoume mpala sav skulia kai pame gia gkol ka8'oln tn diarkeia tou paixvidiou ave3artntws skor"

Avte pame gera!

Rapid - PAOK 1-0 final score.

PAOK had not created a single chance in the whole game. Not good when you need to win.

The UEFA Cup dream is over. Remaining game is against Rennais. Hopefully Kostikos will put all the youngsters in the game in order to give them some European experience.

we are 24th in uefa points coefficient.. we need paok pao and olym wins to get into the top 17 or 18 which will give us two teams in 2007.. one with a qualif round...

other wise we got 2 teams in 2007 both with qualification rounds....

gamata... cyprus is 19th...

later skaters

nikosvazelas we are not in 24th place. Right now we are in 8th place for the 2006-7 European season, but Russia that has several teams still in the competitions can take over the 8th place. For this reson we need PAOk tobeat Rennais in their last games, and also for PAO and Olympiakos to get points in their last CL games.

If you want to check out the coefficients for the next 5 years go here:

UEFA Country Coefficients

Cannot for the life of me guys understand why we could not beat rapid is anyone here going to tell me that they are a better side than we are??

This is absolutely F***ed when u think greek soccer is improving with what Aek has done, Larissa coming up greek stadiums improving, bigger players coming to greece.

We cant F***en win one game in europe why, as a greek living abroad and a poaktzi this really hurts guys!

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/d.../ccoef2006.html

24TH THIS YEAR BROTHER... CHECK IT OUT..OUR TEAMSTHIS YEAR SUCKED ASS

Going off that website you provided, Greece is in 8th position, not 24th...

1 Spain 65.320

2 Italy 60.445

3 England 58.629

4 France 46.781

5 Germany 44.489

6 Portugal 42.374

7 Netherlands 38.998

8 Greece 31.414

9 Russia 29.583

10 Belgium 29.500

11 Scotland 29.375

12 Ukraine 26.350

13 Czech Republic 25.825

14 Turkey 25.666

15 Romania 24.457

16 Switzerland 22.875

UEFA Country Ranking 2006

it is all down to a team like aekaki!

2years in a row they havent gotten nearly any points but their fans still think they are awesome!

last year greece in general scored plenty of points but so did holland and russia in fact they scored more than us

Archived