Phantis Forums

Giovanni leaves Santos

manos

It seems that Gio didn't find what he wanted in Santos, or the other way around:

http://www.sport-fm.gr/news.jsp;jsessionid...03?newsID=29869

I say there is no comparison between Gio and the guys currently playing up front for us(Konstantinou, Dani), let's bring him back for 1 1/2 years and then give him a post with the staff of the team. I know this is not in line with the general request for new blood , but it's an opportunity to rectify what Kokkalis did last year with the best player in Olympiacos history.

G amatwn. We don't need this guy back in our sqaud. It seems we hear every m alakia for this team rather than putting into perspective on how we can take this team forward and progress instead of going backwards by even mentioning Giovanni coming back to the Limani. Lets worry about what we have now, and leave this guy in Brazil where he belongs. I hope Rivaldo joins him soon as well.

I may be wrong, but did he do much. A few flashes of brilliance in some games. I thought he was dirty and not much of a team player. I would't take him back and send Rivaldo home. Olympiakos needs to rebuild, and perhaps they will let Solliued do so. I guess time will tell. It is always difficult to rebuild "Big " Clubs fast, unless your owner is roman abramovich. There are a lot of expectations from fans and these owners paying the bills. Especially in Greece where coaches are really not given a true chance.

Please bring Giovanni back......just another yero on the Olympiaco roster that will set this team back even farther!!! What a line-up of old-men.....Rivaldo, Dani, Giovanni, Mavrogenidis, Anatolakis, Georgatos, Djordevic, and Nikopolidis.....I think they're average age is around 36!!!!

i don't think Giovanni is the greatest player to wear the Olympiakos jersey

but he is one of them thats for dam sure

and one of the top players to play in Greece in all time

but bringing him back only makes the situation worse

i love Giovanni and if he were to come back it would be as a scout for the club or something like tthat

we need young players period

but Gio u will be forever linked to the Limani

1 step forward 2 steps back if we bring this fool back....

how can u call such a player a fool? yes ok it would be a mistake to bring him bak but calling him a fool.... :tdown: enas paixtis pou agapouse ton gayro kai edose polla... o monos pou borouse kata thn opsh thn dikia mou na stathei sta isa se megala paixnidia CL... yes in the beggining he had a tough time alla he slowly showed himself and gave enough... a lot more than any others who passed by at that time (i.e Zahovic, Oforique, Ze elias)

G amatwn. We don't need this guy back in our sqaud. It seems we hear every m alakia for this team rather than putting into perspective on how we can take this team forward and progress instead of going backwards by even mentioning Giovanni coming back to the Limani. Lets worry about what we have now, and leave this guy in Brazil where he belongs. I hope Rivaldo joins him soon as well.

couldnt have said it better my self....

some of you honestly want to bring giovanni back to the limani....haha....asteio kanete??

I think you should get a copy of ALL the games we palyed tha last 5-6 years, and then come back and tell us "How funny" it is... :LOL: :LOL:

Short memory must have.. :whistle:

Ask Xalkia. He can tell you :LOL: :LOL:

telika exete plaka

All Olympiakos fans should ask themselves a few questions.

1) Will his return improve the squad? Not just on the skill level but within the team itself (i.e. avoidance of cliques, talking to the media about the coach...etc..)

2) Did he and will he help the team in the Champions League? We all know what he was able to to do in the A Ethniki, what about the CL?

3) Does Olympiakos need him?

how can u call such a player a fool? yes ok it would be a mistake to bring him bak but calling him a fool.... :tdown: enas paixtis pou agapouse ton gayro kai edose polla... o monos pou borouse kata thn opsh thn dikia mou na stathei sta isa se megala paixnidia CL... yes in the beggining he had a tough time alla he slowly showed himself and gave enough... a lot more than any others who passed by at that time (i.e Zahovic, Oforique, Ze elias)

My man Giovanni was GREAT for this club.. and the key word here being WAS

At the moment the way that he's thinking about soccer and the way that he's playing it will be great to see him play again in Greece but NOT w/ an Olympiacos jersey.. It would be great if he plays on an opposing team like XANTHI or IRAKLIS or somewhere like that, that way we can have great players all over Greece playing and helping the game rise to from where it's at....

BUT DEFINITELY NOT BACK WITH OLYMPIACOS

All Olympiakos fans should ask themselves a few questions.

1) Will his return improve the squad? Not just on the skill level but within the team itself (i.e. avoidance of cliques, talking to the media about the coach...etc..)

2) Did he and will he help the team in the Champions League? We all know what he was able to to do in the A Ethniki, what about the CL?

3) Does Olympiakos need him?

BATIGOL..

After thing about your 3 questions for 3 seconds...

The answers to all 3 are

NO

NO

NO

Great questions and just as I've said before, this guy can come back to Greece but not for our club... Let him go to XANTHI - PAOK - IRAKLIS - PANIONIOS whatever... you get my idea. This will definitely improve the protathlima alot.

I think you should get a copy of ALL the games we palyed tha last 5-6 years, and then come back and tell us "How funny" it is... :LOL:  :LOL:

Short memory must have.. :whistle:

Ask Xalkia. He can tell you :LOL:  :LOL:

telika exete plaka

mb 5 or 6 years ago he was good, but hes washed up now.. ithought yur club wanted oungsters that could drive the team, not old men that would slow the team down..the past two ears, giovanni was a waste for olympiakos and though he may have had a good career 4 years ago, now hes plain washed up....you guys are rediculous....the only way olympiakos will move forward is if you stop signing old, washed up players and look for some talent..look to the long run which oly has not been doing....

this guy was one of the best play for olympiakos i think is better than rovi......way better but since he got injer when was it couple years back than he became weak not trying hard ..but still did somethign before omgg this guy was crazyyy ...was a nighmare when he got injer ...

At the moment the way that he's thinking about soccer and the way that he's playing it will be great to see him play again in Greece but NOT w/ an Olympiacos jersey.. It would be great if he plays on an opposing team like XANTHI or IRAKLIS or somewhere like that, that way we can have great players all over Greece playing and helping the game rise to from where it's at....

agreed 100% my freind... totaly agree... but i dnt understand how tht explains the "fool" part.... he wasnt and will never be a fool under my perspective...

i was at the santos vs sporting game in canada.....the nother week to see if he was there but he never show up...i wish he comes back to greece he make it more good for the fans he sick.....with his cheps over the net i love when he does that

giovanni was a great player, and left us with great memories. he is without question one of the greatest players to ever play in our league. when he started to look like he was past his prime he was let go in a classy manor, with a nice send-off. no hard feeling but it would be destructive to the new team concept of signing sollied-picked young talents. farewell gio and much success whereever you go.

giovanni was a great player, and left us with great memories. he is without question one of the greatest players to ever play in our league. when he started to look like he was past his prime he was let go in a classy manor, with a nice send-off. no hard feeling but it would be destructive to the new team concept of signing sollied-picked young talents. farewell gio and much success whereever you go.

its also unfair to bring back a player like him

where he played at such a high level in his tenure

he will always be beloved

and u saw him last season where he struggled the fans supported him

they gave him a great send off

and heros send off

the situation at Olympiakos is quite different this time then the years before giovanni came to the club

remember when Giovanni came here he was basically the final piece of a young and talented squad

he brought creativyt enthusiasm and was a name

now he is just a name and a shell of his own self

they made there only run in c.l. 98-99 but it was a fun one

but we need to move on from that memory

we need to rebuild

At the moment the way that he's thinking about soccer and the way that he's playing it will be great to see him play again in Greece but NOT w/ an Olympiacos jersey..  It would be great if he plays on an opposing team like XANTHI or IRAKLIS or somewhere like that, that way we can have great players all over Greece playing and helping the game rise to from where it's at....

agreed 100% my freind... totaly agree... but i dnt understand how tht explains the "fool" part.... he wasnt and will never be a fool under my perspective...
The fool part is coming becuase he's at the point in his life now that he thinks that his S*** doesn't stink. I agree with all of you that are saying that he was one of the best that has come through our team. But to bring him back.... mmmmm NO

We need to look into the future.

Lets look at our youth system

Archived