Phantis Forums

Time for a change

thrylos

I think it is time to build a new team. Not panicking andsaying to get rid of all players, but this team has been the same for the past 8 years or so. Sure every year there are new additions and there are changes on the team, but I think it is time for a new style. Give Sollied complete control and give him a budget to come within it. Tell him there must be X amount of Greek players on the team as well. Change many of the non-playing personal as well. New people. New ideas. New ambitions.

Olympiakos fans need to realize that we have a good team but not agreat team. Greatness is achieved only with calmness, dedication, and patience.

I do not know who can be brough in for these players, but I believe it is time that at least half of them left:

Goalies:

Dougeroglou--

Lemmens-----send him packing

Giannou-------send him packing

Nikopolidis----

Defenders:

Patsatzoglou--

Venetidis------

Kouloucheris--send him packing

Kapsis---------

Schurrer------send him packing

Mavrogenidis-send him packing

Kostoulas-----send him packing

Vallas---------

Lisgaras------

Anatolakis---send him packing

Mids:

Kafes---------

Stoltidis------

Castillo-------alreday gone

Maric---------

Djordjevic---

Toure--------

Taralidis-----

Georgatos---send him packing

Bulut---------send him packing

Hovoannisyan

Pantos-------send him packing

Kiriakos------

Forwards:

Okkas--------

Rivaldo-------

D'Acol--------

Dani----------send him packing

Konstantinou

Babangida---

Another problem with the team is that there is a BIG dropoff in skill level from the A team and the B team. Keep some of these young guys. Give them playing time and lets go for Chamions League Finals in 3-5 years time.

:box:

Poly kalos o Giannou apopse...An eixe perissotera paixnidia tha epiane to faul tou Zou-Zuninhio..

Kai sti dioikisi na allaksei kati..Plirwnete ton Dani 950.000 to xrono kai emeis pirame Torgelle me 150.000... ;)

Giannou is a very good goalkeeper. He was not responsible for the goals today and he saved you from another certain two

Not balming Giannou for the goals, but him or Nikolaidis has to go. Why, because there is not enough room for both of them and I do not see Olympiakos getting rid of Nikopolidis. I actually like the 3 Greek keepers on Olympiakos

Giannou is a very good goalkeeper. He was not responsible for the goals today and he saved you from another certain two

i do also agree

remember he hasn't played for quite a while

he did make some strong saves but was shaky at times but understandable

plus Nikopolidis is under contract after another year

getting rid of giannou is only adding to our problems

Dourghelou is a very young keeper and u need another keeper along side with him b/c there will be some tough times

fact is i see Nikopolidis being shown the door

i think the club and player will work out some type of a buy out to allow room for both the young keepers

to the first post in this topic.... giannou must not leave.... he has great potential kai einai apoti exo akousei apo ta kalhtera paidai fovero xaraktira.... and also u say about keeping young players and i agree so y do u have "send packing" near kouloucheris? i mean firstly we havent seen him much and secondly the games ive seen him play in hes been quite willing to learn and develop into a decent defender... which is wht oly needs rite now.... a decent young defender.... everyhting else i agree tho on brother...

that can happen and it might :la:

listen Nikopolidis is a real professional

he has been quite solid in his time with Olympiakos

i mean there were games like Real and lyon where he saved our ass and gave us a chance to win

but the team needs to move on from its past great players

once Olympiakos tells him that he won't be starting anymore he will work out some deal and go to a club that will let him play as a starter so he can still compete for the Ethniki job

this team needs to change i mean the psyche of the team is at an all ti me low

we never lost 2 games at home in 1 c.l. season

the previous season we lost only twice at home and now we jsut doubled that

the team now as lost its home field advantage and its edge

i mean with our road record the way it is and now our diminish home record is not a good formula

changes are needed i hope we can make a few minor ones in the winter sesssion but i doubt it

Getting rid of players is the easy part, the hard part is geting players to replace them. Sadly, Oly's performances in the CL will make it harder for quality players to consider coming to Greece since they see that the team's domestic victories produce little when it comes to the CL. And that my friends is where the money and glory is.

How many players would look forward to playing for Swedish, Irish, Finnish, Bulgarian, Moldovan, Hungarian national league champion, or sadly to say, for the Greek champion, when their run in the CL ends as soon as it begins ?

I am amazed with a number of things posted here and even more amazed with things I heard last night at the stadium.

1. Trod Solid:

- He made a terrible mistake yesterday. While Kostoulas got injured in the 40th minute (while up 1-0) Sollid kept him on the pitch. The result? Carew walked passed him and scored the 1-2 goal. He then waited until 20-25 minutes later and the score 1-4 to replace him with Erol.

- Oly has lost 6 of 12 matches this year domestically and european and this man has not once taken responsibility for any loss. He has continually blamed it on his players. He did this a week ago to the Belgian press ("The fans support me and are not happy with the players", "I do not have the players I want"). He did the same yesterday by saying that his players are old, the oldest in this years CL.

- He has continually stated that Oly will do great things in Europe, that they will chock Europe ("auti i omada tha ekplissi tin Europi"). If he meant stretching the Johhnie Walker (keep walking) away record even further, then I agree , he has chocked Europe. My point is you cannot talk about doing A,B,C without even being able to do A. If your team is old and you do not have the players you want, do not make statements like "wait and see" and "chock Eurpe"

2.The fans

-The fans yesterday turned towards Louvaris and that amazed me. Louvaris is merely an instrument that executes Kokkalis orders. But the fans are sheep that follow and believe whatever Kokkalis says and when things go bad, they turn on Louvaris instead of the main man. When Kokkalis three months ago said in a press conference that Olys goal is to reach the CL final next year in Athens, you guys applauded, instead of saying "Hold your horses big guy, we should aim for a record breaking away win first". Now you turn on Louvaris. Imagine PAO fans turning on Mitsou instead of Vardinogiannis? That would never happen for the exact same reason.

that can happen and it might :la:

listen Nikopolidis is a real professional

he has been quite solid in his time with Olympiakos

hes been awful.

last year his stupid blunders let your 7 point lead slip.....hes finished. Giannou played very well last night I would think its time to start slowly replacing the kota and lemmens was awful anyways......

i think the fans support sollied because he isnt asking for superstars. hes just asking for players that he wants and needs. in the last 20 years of oly transfers weve paid big bucks for a lot of big names, giovanni, zahovic, rivaldo, karembeu, ze elias, bermudez, to name a few. but sollied makes one transfer, for a mere 1.3 mill euro and he gets a 22 year old gem in toure and now all the big teams in europe are scouting us and want to pay big money to get toure. thats why we support him, because we see that for the first time oly has someone who actually knows how soccer should be played and knpows how to build a team. all its gonna take for oly to become an amazing team is for kokkalis to finally decide that sollied should get everyone he wants and watch what happens. dani and bulut and tatsis and zizi roberts are all huge mistakes by louvaris , which are unforgivable. the man spent millions on bermudez who's spot is libero and louvaris didnt even know that there is a difference between a libero and a central defender combo. and then everyone was suprised when bermudez couldnt run and defend well. louvaris and kokkalis had never even seen him play probably because you can tell if someone is fast by watching him play for 5 minutes. correct? all they knew was that they could buy boca's captain and it sounded good to them. sollied has a great rep in the leagues he has coached. i believe that if you give him a reasonable budget he will buy players that he knows are good and arent in their prime yet and he will build a team in 5 years. just like mourinho built porto, not by spoending 1 mill a year for dani but by buying players that were young and inexpensive and had a n upside. and oly fans realize how close we are to getting this dream fulfilled and the only border is kokkalis's stubborness and louvaris wanting to be responsible for all the transfers.

Oi opadoi(thyra 7) ypostirizoun ton Sollied mono kai mono epeidi eksaitias tous efyge o Bagievic persi...Alliws tha eixe parei podi twra..De theloun na fanoun mal***es pou ediwksan ton Bagievic,o opoios mazepse 10 bathmous me tous idious paixtes,gia enan me eyrwpaiko orama... :LOL:

Ase pou pisteyw pws an eixe meinei o Bagievic tha sas eftiaxne kai poli kali kainouria omada...

Oi opadoi(thyra 7) ypostirizoun ton Sollied mono kai mono epeidi eksaitias tous efyge o Bagievic persi...Alliws tha eixe parei podi twra..De theloun na fanoun mal***es pou ediwksan ton Bagievic,o opoios mazepse 10 bathmous me tous idious paixtes,gia enan me eyrwpaiko orama... :LOL:

Ase pou pisteyw pws an eixe meinei o Bagievic tha sas eftiaxne kai poli kali kainouria omada...

sumfono apoluta.... den exoun pou na pane tora.... alla apo kei kai pera ego pou ithela na meinei o dusan tora upostirizo ton sollid epeidh den ginetai mia omada na allazei ena proponiti mesa se treis mhnes.... kai epeidi fainetai oti borei kati na kanei tha doume....

in the last 20 years of oly transfers weve paid big bucks for a lot of big names, giovanni, zahovic, rivaldo, karembeu, ze elias, bermudez,

and bulut and tatsis and zizi roberts are all huge mistakes by louvaris

Hardly huge mistakes, have you seen any oly fans wearing jerseys without one of these names on the back Giovanni, Karembeu, Ze Elias, Zizi Roberts, Rivaldo.

Think about all the $$$ Kokalis made from fans paying 80 -100 euro for a fanela with one of their names on the back.

sumfono apoluta.... den exoun pou na pane tora.... alla apo kei kai pera ego pou ithela na meinei o dusan tora upostirizo ton sollid epeidh den ginetai mia omada na allazei ena proponiti mesa se treis mhnes.... kai epeidi fainetai oti borei kati na kanei tha doume....
Sigoura,me to na apolithei de bgainei tipota,apla na min ethelotyfloume oloi mas kai nomizoume pws ksafnika allaksame nootropia san opadoi kai tetoia..Kai o Sollied kai o Malesani tha krithoun sto telos tis xronias....

Mou fainetai oti i fanela tou OSFP einai i pio akribi...70 eyros nomizw...

I am amazed with a number of things posted here and even more amazed with things I heard last night at the stadium.

1. Trod Solid:

- He made a terrible mistake yesterday. While Kostoulas got injured in the 40th minute (while up 1-0) Sollid kept him on the pitch. The result? Carew walked passed him and scored the 1-2 goal. He then waited until 20-25 minutes later and the score 1-4 to replace him with Erol.

- Oly has lost 6 of 12 matches this year domestically and european and this man has not once taken responsibility for any loss. He has continually blamed it on his players. He did this a week ago to the Belgian press ("The fans support me and are not happy with the players", "I do not have the players I want"). He did the same yesterday by saying that his players are old, the oldest in this years CL.

- He has continually stated that Oly will do great things in Europe, that they will chock Europe ("auti i omada tha ekplissi tin Europi"). If he meant stretching the Johhnie Walker (keep walking) away record even further, then I agree , he has chocked Europe. My point is you cannot talk about doing A,B,C without even being able to do A. If your team is old and you do not have the players you want, do not make statements like "wait and see" and "chock Eurpe"

2.The fans

-The fans yesterday turned towards Louvaris and that amazed me. Louvaris is merely an instrument that executes Kokkalis orders. But the fans are sheep that follow and believe whatever Kokkalis says and when things go bad, they turn on Louvaris instead of the main man. When Kokkalis three months ago said in a press conference that Olys goal is to reach the CL final next year in Athens, you guys applauded, instead of saying "Hold your horses big guy, we should aim for a record breaking away win first". Now you turn on Louvaris. Imagine PAO fans turning on Mitsou instead of Vardinogiannis? That would never happen for the exact same reason.

listen i don't know if u have seen some of my posts after c.l. games

but i was highly critical with Sollied

how he lacked to put his team in position to win with poor tactical structure

now why is he getting some love its b/c the fans have finally realized that its not all the coaches fault

and bit to late i might add since they basically forced Bajevic out

firing another coach will only add to the clubs problems

Sollied brought in Toure and it gives him a pass on our current teams performances b/c the belief is that he can find players tht will build into his system

only with zahovic we have shown money? much more..... Ziovanni (5dis ekat. drax. = 15 ekatommuria euro + 1 ekattomurio to xrono oso htan edo peripou 20 bgainoun pes) Rivaldo (1,85 ekatomuria euro to xrono gia duo xronia = peripou 3,5 ekatomuria), Karmbeu (900,000 euro peripou to xrono an thumamai kala gia tria xronia = peripou 2,5 ekatomuria...) kai alla tosa re paidia.... auta bgainoun peripou sta 30 ekatomuria pou enas anthropos pou kserei apo bala tha borouse na parei polla kai kala...... edo mou fernei o kok Dani me mistho 1 ekat sta 32 tou.... eleos re gamoto.... ase to proponiti na kanei tis epiloges afou den ksereis re file.....

^^^^ Totally agrred but for this he needs... OUR support, the PLAYERS support, and most of all the support of kyr KOKALLIS, who right now is just looking at the team in his interest.... irthe h wra na ta afhsoume auta kai na arxisei na boithaei ton sollid na ftiaksei mia omada me vaseis kai to kyriotero TOUS PAIXTES POU THELEI AUTOS!!!! exei deiksei oti mexri tora kserei th xreaizetai h omada...

Archived