Phantis Forums

Is Wigan that good?

from recent results by wigan, they are actually doing really well, but are they really that good?

my theory is that they are going to do an Everton. they will be an awsome team this season, then when next season starts, they will just fall apart and be at the bottom, or close to the bottom of the ladder. they are just on luck at the moment, as the better teams, such as arsenal, are not gaining points, losing simple games such as against west brom. even man utd are the same, losing to blackburn, which both teams could of repsectively gained at least a point against those teams. that is the main reason that wigan are doing well and are 3rd on the ladder.

what are your thoughts guys?

no, i think this is a different situation to everton, there manager is brilliant, just as is stuart pearce and alan pardew, but for wigan, there way to small of a club, theyr'll avoid relegation, and i think they'll stay in the prem for the long haul, but theres still a lot of work to do. i think so enough thery'll come down to earth.

• 2 weeks later...

no, i think this is a different situation to everton, there manager is brilliant, just as is stuart pearce and alan pardew, but for wigan, there way to small of a club, theyr'll avoid relegation, and i think they'll stay in the prem for the long haul, but theres still a lot of work to do. i think so enough thery'll come down to earth.

i have to admit, im very impressed with wigan and their style of football. but im still going to stick with my theory, but i will agree with you and say that wigan are going to stay in the EPL for a while, but will not be a threatening team as they are now. aston villa are another good example, as they performed well last season, now are struggling. they lost Vassell, but i guess gained Baros, who hasnt done anything, due to injury. i wont be surprised if a couple of wigan players get picked up by bigger clubs.

pompey 0 - 2 wigan

i saw the match 2day, pompey got thrashed, they are not the side they once were at home under redknapp. wigan have such a counter-attacking way of playing, there manager is a genius, whatever he's doing its working a treat

after two months there 5 points above arsenal, what an amazing acheivement

this next month will be wigans biggest test, arsenal, man u, spurs and liverpool, we'll see in november what there really made of

Archived