Phantis Forums

A' Div: PAOK - Ionikos

Ziaka

On Sunday we play Ionikos at Toumba. Let's hope it will not turn out to be another let down like the games with Atromitos and Larisa, where we got 2 goal leads and eventually let the opponents tie us.

Unfortunately the return of PAOK players from Ukraine was delayed by one day, since the plane that was going to bring them back on Thursday broke down. PAOK returned back to Thessaloniki on Friday and the players went straight into a practice session.

With that in mind, I expect Kostikos to make some changes in the squad and play some players that usualy don't see much action.

The game will be televised on Supersport 2 live in Greece. It is also possible that ERT-Sat might pick it up, unless they decide to show the OFI -Olympiakos game, which starts at the same time.

My prediction for this game is 2-1 PAOK.

Nice prediction Batigol. I agree, we will have a standout game!

Hi chaps

Ziaka you are right, we NEED this game to prove that the team is now getting into a routine, playing more solid a game. I think that defensively the team is now a lot more steady than a month ago. They only conceded 1 goal against Olympiakos (voutixtes/ divers) in Athens from a set piece and a penalty kick in the Ukraine. That's a very good trend i recon.

So i'd be very surprised if they concede any goals at all today. Not to forget to mention that Fernandes is a really outstanding keeper, gaining more confidence game by game - extremely reliable despite his young age.

Upfront, i think that for as long as mietchel has a reasonably good day Paok will get a few chances to score. I regret to say that i'm not convinced by Salpingidis though!!!

As for Kelly, he was the only one to see the penalty - i'm sure he was influenced by the allegedly excellent :whistle: Ukrainian hospitality!!! (are you with me?)

Good luck Paok ;)

Goal!!! PAOK!!! 3-0

Where can I listen to the game?

Metropolis was playing it, but then they went back to basket!!!!

Nevermind, Metropolis is playing it again...

Goal Ionikos, 3-1

Ionikos goal came right before the end of the first half..., Salp with the third goal.

Goal Futsini in the 48th!!!! 4-1

5-1 Christodolopoulos!!! This is a massacre, bravo PAOK!!!

6-1 Salp!!!!! Let the insanity continue!

Ofi-Oly 1-0 right now!

6-1 final Bravo PAOK!!!

3-2 Aigaleo over Xanthi!!

Archived