Phantis Forums

Olympique Lyon - Olympiakos

slick13

WHY DO WE ALWAYS EMPHASISE ON PLAYING FOOTBALL TO GET A RESULT..

GET REAL, ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS PLAY A DESTRUCTIVE KIND OF GAME.. EVERYTIME WE HAVE THE BALL LOB IT UP TO THEIR SIDE OF THEIR FIELD TURN THEIR BACKS.. FORCE THEM IN THEIR TERRITORY, THEN WITH PRESURRE WHEN THEY HAVE MADE A MISTAKE, PLAY QUICK TWO TOUCH FOOTBALL, AND HAVE DIRECT SHOTS...

I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE SMASH AND GRAB.. EVERYTIME WE WIN THE BALL, WE PLAY LONG BALL UP IN THEIR HALF AND THEN PLAY MAN TO MAN PRESSURE..

THATS THE ONLY WAY..

I WOULD ALSO PLAY PLAYERS LIKE OKKAS, BABANGIDA, CASTILLO FAST PLAYERS ... OR INTRODUCE THEM LATER IN THE SECOND HALF..

SO TRY FOR THE 0-0 UNTIL 60 TH MINUTE THEN BRING IN OKKAS FOR DJORDJEVIC, BABANGIDA FOR KAFES AND CASTILLO FOR RIVALDO...

OKKAS WILL SCORE IN THE 71ST MINUTE.. THEN TOURE THE 2ND IN THE 83RD..

AND THERE WE HAVE OLY'S FIRST RESULT AWAY FROM HOME...

OH PLEASE GOD, PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN...

:hypocrite:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Protathlitis

I disagree Oly Sydney.

look at the real game. the only times we didnt look like we were going to lose 5-0 was when we kept posession of the ball. and we did it long enough so Kafes could score

We should learnt from the NT, even though the NT is of much higher calibre than any Greek club we can still learnt from it.

the way they played so well against Portugal and France was by keeping possession. We MUST have a team built on defence and very strong in that area but we also must have a midfield which can hold their nerve and the ball

if we had kept possession at liverpool for just a bit longer we would have won. we need to have a defensive structure. BUT like the NT we have to have a class midfeild which can keep possession and releive the pressure off the defence and give us a hope of scoring

AND THE THING IS THAT OUR MIDFIELD DOES HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO DO THIS: DJOLE, RIVALDO, TOURE, STOLTIDIS, BABAGIDA is the best midfield we've had in a while

we have to learnt from the Ethniki. they didnt smash and grab by any means. in the France and Portugal games they player BETTER and had the BETTER of the game!!

in the czech game as well, if we didnt hold our nerve and the ball there is no way we would have won

yeah you are right !! but posession in the wrong part of the field can also mean conceding a goal.. look i guess it has to be a mixture of both good posession and a quick long ball counter attack..

I guess we both agree that the smash and grab method..

i dont care what we do, even if we get a flukey goal.. thats all we need to give this team confidence of an away win...

well one thing is for sure

we will need alot of ball posession to keep us in the game

Lyon has a lot of speed and the only way to neutralize it is to keep the ball away from them

we need to play a slow and deliberate pace with good short passes

we don't have the speed for long balls

but i do see Georgatos doing wut Beckham did against us but again Beckham had all day to send the ball in the area

hopefully everything works out for us

• 2 weeks later...

Sollied is supposed to have a long term plan and refuses to mix and match in the last minute. If he is consistent he should play Bulut on the left, if he wants to stand a chance to get a result he should play Pantos on the left and Mauro on the right. At least that is what Lemonis would do...

telika i apoleia tou venetidi fainetai poli simantiki.enas paixtis pou thorakize tin aristeri pleura mas leipei polu.georgatos is not in good form and he was never a good defender.

---------nikopolidis----------

----kapsis----kostoulas----anatolakis----pantos----

-------toure-----stoltidis------

------------kafes--------------okkas-------------djorjevic------

--konstantinou---

simfono me tin entekada.

well pao jst held off barca to a 0-0 score line and all you geys have gone quite, espeically you TML, however unlike you i will wish ur team luck when they go over to France.... i predict a 1-1 draw

just for the record I want u guys to success dont get me wrong

but most of my comments about how I want u to lose are aimed at the usual suyspects in here who trash us 24 / 7

in all honestly i have no idea.it depends how our team is going to show up.if we play like paok we have no chance what so ever, if we play like we could we can get a good result.osfp gera me tsampouka.

i am really eager and intersted to see this team play

i mean Rivaldo and Georgatos have been important parts on this team but it seems the other players seem to only watch wut they are doing on the pitch

now that team will be more dependant upon one another is a key

look i just want to see them play hard and leave it on the pitch

Archived