Phantis Forums

EPO rules for Panachaiki-Fostira

Vaggar

EPO decided today that Panachaiki and Fostiras should not play in the B' Division. I don't know if this decision is final or it can be appealed. Also EPAE should now decide if they will continue B' division with 14 teams or they will replace this two teams. In the latter case they have to decide which two teams will take their place.

Press realese

I komodia sinexizete...

Today EPAE voted to keep B' Ethniki with 14 teams, and place Panahaiki and Fostiras in 15th and 16th place in the standings. This will mean that Panahaiki and Fostiras will be relegated to C' Ethniki and not D' Ethniki as mandated by the law of the EEA (Epitropi Epaggelmatikou Athlitismou). This also means that the team that finishes 14th in B' Ethniki will play a play-off game with the 3rd team from the C' Ethniki.

If things remain like this, you can expect a lot of players from the teams that don't have a chance to get promoted to A' Ethniki to be released and/or not get paid, since there will be nothing for those teams to lose. Also expect a lot weird results along the way.

Also, there are two teams in C' Ethniki that got shafted by this announcement. Agrotikos Asteras and Kavala will now have to catch up with their games and will have to play two games each week in order to catch with the rest.

Story from Supersport.gr

Story from metrosport.gr

This was close to what I was expecting (I thought that Panachaiki and Fostiras will get relegeted in the end of the season in the D' Division).

I hope that now they will have formula for similar problems in the years to come.

It would be unfair to let them play. As for Agrotikos Asteras and Kavala it would be the same either the start now playing in the C or the B division. In both cases they would have a lot of extra games to play.

As for the rest of the B' Division teams, there is still a spot they have to avoid (and with the teams that play in the 3rd Division I expect the play-off game to be very difficult).

If things remain like this, you can expect a lot of players from the teams that don't have a chance to get promoted to A' Ethniki to be released and/or not get paid, since there will be nothing for those teams to lose.

If they stop paying the players or release them or whatever, then next year these teams are going to be in the place of Athinaikos-Olympiakos Volou-Fostiras etc

This was close to what I was expecting (I thought that Panachaiki and Fostiras will get relegeted in the end of the season in the D' Division).

It would be unfair to let them play.  As for Agrotikos Asteras and Kavala it would be the same either the start now playing in the C or the B division.  In both cases they would have a lot of extra games to play.

If they stop paying the players or release them or whatever, then next year these teams are going to be in the place of Athinaikos-Olympiakos Volou-Fostiras etc

I was actually expecting them to promote Kavala and Asteras to B' Ethniki, however that would be against some the interests of certain people.

Well the difference is that with the present situation that was pushed by the EPAE president Kanellopoulos (don't forget he is from Patra), that they will most likely avoid dropping to D' Ethniki. Instead they will only drop to C' Ethniki.

You're right in saying that Asteras and Kavala would have to play the same amount of games, but it would be different playing those games in B' Ethniki instead of C' Ethniki.

I do expect some of the teams that have nothing to lose to cut players from their rosters and start playing their B' team players. Don't forget that most B' Ethniki teams are in bad financial situations and even threatened to walk out of the competition if things do not improve.

I do expect some of the teams that have nothing to lose to cut players from their rosters and start playing their B' team players. Don't forget that most B' Ethniki teams are in bad financial situations and even threatened to walk out of the competition if things do not improve.

I know they have financial problems, but you can't cut the roster if the players have contracts, neither you can stop paying them. Now, the fact that they are not going to do any extra transfer in January, that I recognize.

I think that the decision is in the good direction. But it should have been finalized in September, not two months later!

As for Kavala I don't know what they were thinking. The fact is that even if they wanted to promote 2 teams to replace Panachaiki and Fostiras, Kavala doesn't deserve the one spot. According to the rules the 6th team of last years 3rd division should take the spot (Kilkisiakos or Thrasivoulos).

No doubt this situation could have been handled better. Much better. All we have now is a big mess, thanks to special interests.

As for following the rules. Nobody follows them. Panahaiki and Fostiras should be going to D' Ethniki according to the rules, but now they'll just drop to C' Ethniki at the end of the season.

I know they have financial problems, but you can't cut the roster if the players have contracts, neither you can stop paying them. Now, the fact that they are not going to do any extra transfer in January, that I recognize.

Well judging from the EPAE decision you don't really get punished according to the law as long as you have good connections in high places. Agrotikos Asteras came out today saying that he will stop payments to his players since it does not really matter if he pays them or not. I am sure he was sarcastic when he said that, but he sure has a point.

Archived