Phantis Forums

Rivaldo not happy!

greeksoccerfanatic

Rivaldo made it clear after today's game against Kallithea that Thrylos cannot continue playing this kind of football, with long balls up and down the field, and must stick to short passes on the ground. He also complained on where Sollied is playing him on the right, something that limits his capabilities. After all he is a left-footed player. I have a feeling that Sollied does not fully know the capabilities of his players yet, which is making him use the wrong players in their respective positions. Toure is more offensive minded, yet Sollied uses him as a defensive midfielder. I don't know re paidia, but something must give before the game against Real, because the team chemistry is very low at the moment, and Rivaldo's comments today just added fuel into the fire. And when you hear Sollied making ridiculous comments such as "Kallithea did not allow us to play the football we are capable of", then we should all know that there is something wrong with our team. I mean, come on!. We are talking about Kallithea here. Lets get it together now, or the night at the Bernabeu will turn into a nightmare come two weeks time.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All would be well with Olympiakos if they had two backs that were great defensivley. We have too much offensive thinking from the backs and not enough defensive. I like Mauro and Georgatos, but they cannot play as backs. Olympiakos should fork out cash to get a top right back (Seitaridis is a natural Greek choice).

When is Benetidis due back? Or is hhe gone for a long haul?

u maybe right that Sollied doesn't know his players all to well

but this is the second time Rivaldo has spoken out against his coach

the first being to Bajevic and wut happenned ??

fact is both are at fault

and if the team coutinues to play or act like this we will burn in flames

Sollied needs to restore order

u maybe right that Sollied doesn't know his players all to well

but this is the second time Rivaldo has spoken out against his coach

the first being to Bajevic and wut happenned ??

Rivaldo is a lose Canon, I mean perhaps he is right in some sense but the guy is acting so unprofessional for a 33 year old player!!! He should realise that Sollied is still getting to know your team and needs more time to adapt to your players and tactics (6 months is to much to ask)… to me he is doing the same thing that he did to Bajevic because of personal issues (playing him in a position he doesn’t like, poor ###### baby)…..

If Rivaldo has a problem with Sollied then he should speak to him behind close doors and not in the public eye…. Im sensing that Rivaldo wants to get rid of Sollied just like he did with Bajevic…. If this happens then it’s a bad move on olys behalf because he is probably one of the best coaches you’ll see for a while in your team

It’s just a matter of time I guess….

yeh well remember wht rivaldo had said last year? he said at the beggining of the year (with bajevic in control) if we carry on playing like this forget any cups this year( directly blaming dusan) and dusan showed oti einai uperano apo enan rivaldo pou mas to exei psulo arxisei na to paizei mega vendeta (even though i think and the whole world think he is an amazing player). But bajevic pretty much showed he knew wht he was doing(double and 10pts in CL)... So tora pou o Ribo leei pali we r playin like crap then maybe he should start thinkin of the players and himself rather than the coach.... I mean its his 4th ######## game!!!!!

GIVE HIM SOME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

Rivaldo is such a Bitch!!!

full stop....

like Alexch said give Sollied a break its only the forth Game and uve only lost 1 game that ur players should have won.... It wasnt Sollieds fault that u lost to Rosonberg it was ur players fault!!! i mean they should have atleast finished 5/18 chances, i mean what do they get paid for???

i don't agree with wut Rivaldo did today

but it clearly shows the problems within Olympiakos that is only brewing

Kokkalis needs to step in and get both his star player and coach on the right page

but Rivaldo was right about us not winning with this type of football

i also think if Rivaldo should be in the midfield it should be on the left side

its more natural for him

i mean 5-10 years ago it didn't matter where u put Rivaldo (position wise)

but he isn't that same super star player anymore

i think dropping Djordjavic back is only a benefit to the team

he is a constant work horse and performer and he will be just fine

and we can also see how good Toure really is on the right side

maybe everything coming out to the public can be a benefit to the club to fix its problems now before it gets worse

but as much as we have criticize Sollied this week

he must stay the full 2 years he has under contract

the problem for the team at this moment is at Rb, LB, and the RM

as much as i like Georgatos he isn't a LB

he would be a great reserve coming off the bench with such skill and experience

Mauro and Pantos tandam is probably the worst combo alive they both need to be let go in the summer

and then our biggest problem a classic RM (Giannakopoulos spot)

still unfilled

still unfilled

I think ean o babaginda prosarmostei kai ginei pio empeiros pisteuw pos boei aneta na kalupsei to deksi akro.... exei to "flair" pou leme thn texniki kai megalh "ekriksi"... he just needs to settle in... dont forget we signed him just on the verge of the transfer window... he has had like hlf of a proetimasia and i believe he is one of the most active on the pitch even now....

still unfilled

I think ean o babaginda prosarmostei kai ginei pio empeiros pisteuw pos boei aneta na kalupsei to deksi akro.... exei to "flair" pou leme thn texniki kai megalh "ekriksi"... he just needs to settle in... dont forget we signed him just on the verge of the transfer window... he has had like hlf of a proetimasia and i believe he is one of the most active on the pitch even now....
well i mean i like 2 things about him

he is young and fast

but how is his crossing ability ?

thats something we lack

still unfilled

well i mean i like 2 things about him

he is young and fast

but how is his crossing ability ?

thats something we lack

yeh i agree... but he does seem to have a bit of it going u know in crossing and right extrem.... i dnt know if u saw the match vs panionios.... first goal... great position and run through from him on the right wing as kafes beautifully layed it off to him but ven better his swift cutting cross low back to kafes... he does have it, its just not his original spot.... im sure he will be able to... at least better than Geo's crosses today :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

yeh i agree... but he does seem to have a bit of it going u know in crossing and right extrem.... i dnt know if u saw the match vs panionios.... first goal... great position and run through from him on the right wing as kafes beautifully layed it off to him but ven better his swift cutting cross low back to kafes... he does have it, its just not his original spot.... im sure he will be able to... at least better than Geo's crosses today :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

but this our 3rd season we have spent with fill ins at Stelios position

we should have solved this problem over the summer and we didn't

Bab does have alot going for him but we need something steady and we don't have it at the moment

i mean us fans know the problems with Olympiakos but it seems Giorgos Louvaris doesn't

to be honest he is getting on my nerves. he should just shut up in public and have a personal talk about his problems with sollied. just because he is the biggest name that ever came to greece it doesn't give him the right to put himself above the team and think that he has to say more than the coach. his job is to play good soccer on the field and do his job, even when he has to play on a position he doesn't really like to play.

like i said it after the rozenborg match, it looks to me as if he wants to change the team so that he is the central player with the whole team built around him. and if he performs good for some games he hopes to get a call for the national team. imo he isn't looking to get the team perform better but himself.

sure, he might be able to perform better if he would play on another position, but then sollied would have to change some other positions too. and like that he might have to put other players on positions they don't perform at their best, and this could be an even bigger disadvantege then just putting rivaldo on a position he can't perform 100%. i'd say that sollied always sets the team the way it is strongest.

also toure, some of you mentioned that he is also offensive minded. sure. but hey, we didn't have a player like him since karembeu left. i would leave him on the position he is. just because he is a dm doesn't mean he can't help us in offense. didn't you see what happened with iero? since toure has come he is also able to help us again and is always a threat in set pieces. last season he couldn't do that because he didn't have anyone behind him who would be able to do the job.

imo sollied has done a good job and i want him to stay even longer than the two years he has agreed up to now. we have to support him and his decision. i don't think that it was just coinsidence that all the teams he coached up to now performed much better with him than they did before.

RIvaldo: (quote' if it is an exact quote)

Rivaldo made it clear after today's game against Kallithea that Thrylos cannot continue playing this kind of football, with long balls up and down the field, and must stick to short passes on the ground. He also complained on where Sollied is playing him on the right, something that limits his capabilities. After all he is a left-footed player

I agree with every word even if the timing is definitely lousy

I am sure he tried to speak to him , sure he tried this after the CL catastrophy

Maybe he did not want to hear him. who knows

I remember that Rivaldo and Figo tried to reason with Van Gaal before the issue of their disagreement got public

About Bayevic, he changed the role of Rivaldo in some matches and the results proved themselves amd he had an important role in the double

What Rivaldo got out of this was bad press and hatered of the fans,He spoke because he realy cared, he is a good football player and I also believe that he is a good person from a long term of knowing the man, but he is definitely not a diplomat or a media crack, He sould hire a public relation adviser long ago, sparing him of such messes which he puts himself in because of speaking the right words in the wrong place and time

Let us hope for the welfare of all concerned that the relations inside the team will be straitened soon by Kokallis and direct talks of all concerned

Ego is a bad adviser, listening and taking is good

I sincerly believe that all the sides involved are sincerly concerned about the bad game and have a common goal to improve it

So with some wisdom ad less ego it can be resolved

I pray for that

i read the stuff on contra too, even before i read things on sportime. but still i have the same oppinion.

luz, you might be right about him being a nice guy and everything, since you know him better and longer, but imo it was still a huge mistake of him making these statements. the first person a player has to talk with, if he has a problem is the coach. even if he isn't a media crack like you said, he should have learned that during his career.

Sportime says that Rivaldo asked from Sollied a direct talk with him to happen immediately after the CL match. Sollied wanted to postpone that for a couple of days (imo, rightfully so) but Rivaldo saw it as obstructivistic tactics from Sollied's side.

Rivaldo should refrain from press contacts, at least at such an early phase.

things never change in Thrylos, it seems :(

Constructive criticism, Rivaldo made his feelings towards Trond known in the pre-season. I agree that some of his comments are better kept within the doors more specifically the placement of Ribo on the pitch, but the rest of his comments are well warranted simply because no one can or should be happy with the level of performance thus far.

Acknowledging the problem is the first step.

That's true...you have to acknowledge the problem and discuss it. But in closed doors. Going to the media is not doing the player, the coach, or the club any good.

I'm not impressed with Rivaldo right now. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The coach has to have final say in all matters as they relate to the club on the pitch. Good or bad.

Whether that be Sollied, or Bajevic, or whoever.

One player's personal opinions on who, where, and how the team is to be organized is cancerous. If you want to make a statement, do it first by leading by example on pitch. Not through the media.

Man he should have done a grievance procedure :P … I mean the first step in a grievance procedure is to notify you supervisor (in this case Sollied) to the problem you have… This way you keep the problem as close to its source and avoid other parties (media/fans) getting involved... If nothing did progress then he should notify the Head manager (in this case koaklis) and explain the problem and try to find a solution… if that doesn’t work then bring in arbitration (which is the fans/media) to solve the problem to who is right/wrong….

These are the steps you take in business management when a grievance has taken place and in this case Rivaldo could have done the same thing….

I hope you guys learnt something today :not:

Archived