Phantis Forums

espn2

Actually, ESPN 2 has had the rights for CL in the U.S. for many years now. Usually it's 1 match per day, tuesday and wednesday meaning the televizing of two matches every week of CL play, but last season if memory serves correct they showed only 1 game per matchday.

I do beleive they are contracted in showing specific clubs, which would include the Spanish and England giants. Good chance we might see Pana and OSFP away against Barca and Real respectivley, other wise it's deportes or in the least cctv.

Actually, ESPN 2 has had the rights for CL in the U.S. for many years now. Usually it's 1 match per day, tuesday and wednesday meaning the televizing of two matches every week of CL play, but last season if memory serves correct they showed only 1 game per matchday.

I do beleive they are contracted in showing specific clubs, which would include the Spanish and England giants. Good chance we might see Pana and OSFP away against Barca and Real respectivley, other wise it's deportes or in the least cctv.

:D :D :D Now that you put it that way... I like what I hear!! :D

I hate to sound so pessimestic, but to Evalagoal and the other (American/Canadian) OSFP fans on this board, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high on seeing OSFP in the CL on ESPN 2 :( .

Looking at the match sechdule, it appears that on both matchdays that Real Madrid and OSFP play, Liverpool and Chelsea play each other! :tdown: :( :angry: :box:

In all probablility (based on past results), common sense (at ESPN) states that if there are 2 grossly overmarketed and overrated piece of s%$#! teams that are playing each other; chances are, they'll air that over only one grossly overmarketed and overrated piece of s%$#! team (Real Madrid) :( .

Smart folks at ESPN eh :LOL: ? I hope this turns out for the better (PAO and OSFP on ESPN 2 in the USA), but the deck seems to be stacked.

Your thoughts...???

ESPN2 will be showing the following matches on Matchday 1 :

Real Betis VS Liverpool on September 13, 2005 AND Villareal VS Manchester United on September 14, 2005.

Unfortunatly on Matchday 2 (Sept 27,28) they are carrying the Manchester United VS Benfica match, and the next day Liverpool VS Chelsea as WallofSoccer pointed out, it seems we are out of luck once more.

It appears the only possibility for NORTH AMERICA is if ESPN DEPORTES carries REAL/OSFP but that still looks bleak as only Ajax VS Arsenal is listed on the 28th for ESPN Deportes :tdown:

Thank GOD for Spiro and CO. :nw:

Archived