Phantis Forums

Who has the balls to do the same in Greece

athinaios

I find it absolutely ridiculous that everyone seems to be upset about violence and subsequent punishment of the clubs but nothing sensible is being done to curtail violence in Greek gipeda.

Demis is right when he asks the sports authorities: what else could we have done to prevent the violence (against Atromitos)??!!! Some from the police had said, we can't arrest if you don't sue them!!!!

Anyway, check this out: http://www.contra.gr/story.65664.html For a violent society, the US it is, at least when you attend professional games you are safe!!!! It's a celebration, an enjoyment of the sport!

Greece can learn from the American sports leagues. Nowadays, with all the technology and other means, it's inexcusable to have violence. You can know who does what in the gipedo. Act accordingly. Those unwilling or unable to behave in a civilized way, they're banned from attending, fined, and sent to jail. For real!!!!

:gr:

For me bravo to Demis for taking a tough action against his club's hooligans. It was a difficult decision by Demis and one that makes him very unpopular already with Original. But it's a step in the right direction to change the culture of sports attendance in Greece.

PAO did this to some degree by banning Thyra 13 many many years ago. Kapetanios disbanded the group.

Question is when will Kokalis take action againt the likes of Tsoukalas and the hooligans from his club?

Guest Protathlitis

i agree we cant learn much from american, british societies etc cos they are pretty much farked but this is one thing which must happen

I dont want us to be like england cos we cant cos we're Greek but action has to be taken for the good of Greek sport

Guest Protathlitis

PAO did this to some degree by banning Thyra 13 many many years ago. Kapetanios disbanded the group.

Question is when will Kokalis take action againt the likes of Tsoukalas and the hooligans from his club?

dont be stupid! what he did was nothing

OSFP and PAO both need to take action

although i deeply hated demi for scoring regularly against us i respect him even more as aeks president than i hated him as a player. greek football nowadays needs more people like him. last year he managed it to get aek back on the right way in financial things (dont come up now with arthro 44) and brought the fans back into the stadium. this year he makes a step that is very dangerous concerning the support the team gets from its fans. but he wants to show them that they arent the ones making the decisions and ruling the team. he clearly shows them that they are most welcome to support their team if they do it without ending up in violence. and if somebody cant control himself he wont have the teams support.

decisions like that should be taken by all the teams. all greek teams, especially osfp, pao and paok, should do the same with those who dont respect the sport and put themselves above the team. no matter if the team will lose the support of their "hardcore fans" (=mostly uneducated morons) they should take action and try to ban these people from the stadiums. i am sure that other, calmer fans would take their places and give the team the needed support.

a punishment like the one desribed in contras article would be the best thing. not only to try and stop the violence, but for example it could also be possible to make the surrounding areas of the stadiums cleaner. imagine all the osfp, pao, aek, paok or whatever fans having to clean the stadium areas ten weekends after the match! damn, it would be cleaner than in switzerland!! ;)

but the bottom line is that something has to be done about this in greece. if the club presidents and officials really want to change greek sport in general they have to show that they have @@ and take care of the trouble makers. otherwise our teams will never make any steps further.

:tdown: that's why it has to be a compehensive effort... Demis' positions should be supported by the other presidents--those who got some sense that is.... because we know there are those idiots.... like Crocus!

There is a lack of credibility all over the greek league... Start with those team owners/etc who say stupid things in public and inflame the situation... if they have evidence, they should ask the legal authorities to investigate.... otherwise, VAGUE statements like, "

Archived