Phantis Forums

UEFA Cup: PAOK - Metallurg Donetsk

Ziaka

On Thursday, September 14, PAOK plays Metallurg Donetsk in Round 1 of the UEFA Cup.

PAOK needs to get a good score going to Ukraine for the return match if they hope to qualify to the groups stage of the competition. All indications are that Metallurg is not as strong as they were inthe past season, but PAOK will have to be very carefull in the first game.

My prediction: PAOK - Metallurg 1-0 or 2-0

This will be a good test for PAOK and I believe that after that last game with Xanthi, Karageorgiou will have the team ready for this match. Even if Metallurg have been weakened by players leaving, I still wouldn't take them lightly at all. 1-0 for PAOK.

we're unable to beat ksanthi and atromitos..... what a joke. we thought we could beat the ebraious too last year. im slowly starting to lose hope again. but what can we do? at the end of the day PAOK is my religion and my life.

hopefully we'll get up on them. theyre currently sitting in5th position in ukraine with 3 wins, 3 draws and one loss out of seven matches. theyre playing away against metalist today 14:00 local time.

ANTE PAOKARA

Let's go PAOK!! I suck in predicting scores, so I won't. I'm just putting in good vibes for a solid win! With the crappy start to the season, we need it bad.

Hopefully Toumba will be full.

Anyone know how many tickets have been sold for this game?

Ole Ole Ole Ole..... GO PAOK!!!

From what I heard they are expecting around 15,000 at the game. Quite low if you ask me, considering the fans did not get a chance to see the team in a competitive home match yet. Toumba should be sold out for this game, but unfortunately it won't be. The two bad league games and the steep ticket prices are to blame.

This is a very important game for the team. We need to get a comfortable win to take to Ukraine.

GO PAOK!!!

From what I heard they are expecting around 15,000 at the game. Quite low if you ask me, considering the fans did not get a chance to see the team in a competitive home match yet. Toumba should be sold out for this game, but unfortunately it won't be. The two bad league games and the steep ticket prices are to blame.

This is a very important game for the team. We need to get a comfortable win to take to Ukraine.

GO PAOK!!!

Paok players have been used to basically playing in front of no fans at all

having at least 15,000 will hype them up

if the team does well and progress u will see more enthusiasm from the fans

by the way u mentioned about the tickets being a bit steep

the Atlanta Falcons a few years ago dropped its ticket prices after doing a marketing research survey and now there basically sold out every game

off course its nice to have Michael Vick on there team

i also think Paok is hurt by the image of being the most hostile fans

thats plays a role as well i just hope they clear things up

no reason why 30,000 can't attend a Paok game

PAOK in orange :blink: ?*! That's just plain wrong.... What where they thinking?

I just knew that PAOK would finish in a draw!!! I am now 2-2, including the Atromitos fiasco. A new coach may be an inspirational consequence. I expect PAOK to pick things up in the next game or two... Vesty

Archived