Phantis Forums

Hertha Berlin - APOEL

Irlandos

Maybe 10% of a chance...

Hopefully the omogeneia will be on APOEL's side and the first result will be within reason to be overturned in the second leg.

Btw, with both Anorthosis and APOEL drawn for the second leg at home, are there any switches contemplated or what?

• 2 weeks later...

Btw, with both Anorthosis and APOEL drawn for the second leg at home, are there any switches contemplated or what?

Apparently (at least through UEFA.com) Anorthosis will be playing at Palermo for the 1st leg (Sept 15). This means that APOEL will play Hertha at the GSP in the 1st leg without any conflicts.

Best of luck to all Greek and Cypriot teams in Europe :tup: :box: :gr: !

• 2 weeks later...

Apoel playing at home anything can happen..We need a two nothing result..It will be very difficult!!!

Morphis

Georgiou

Okon

Okkarides

Kennedy

Mihail

Makrides

Jovanovic

Fernandez

Kaklamanos

Neophytou

If Neophytou cant play Nasiopoulos will start..Alexandrou should be in the lineup and Solari will see the pitch as well.

0-1 herta............

APOEL do look like a legit team compared to the other greek teams....I think Cypriot league should merge with the A ethniki and we would make the league so much better....only problem is less teams in europe.... APOEL, Anorthosis could definitly go top in the top 6....maybe Omonoia on a good year too...

You just want two green teams with shamrocks in the A' Ethniki! :P

Btw, Olympiakos Lefkosia would also stand well in the A' Ethniki. The years when Cyprus' champions would finish last in the Greek League are long-gone!

But getting back to the subject: It will be an uphill battle in Germany's capital. Good luck to APOEL! :)

i reckon there best chance is to go there and defend. I mean lets face it, if they go there to attack they are likely to concede and they are unlikely to get two goals. They should hope that there one or two strikers cause havoc and get a penalty that Okon can score or they have a few long range shots and hope one goes in. Greek and Cypriot teams are always respectable in terms of result at home (or at least deserve a respectable result) but away they tend to struggle. I think this is the way they should aim to play. If they start two one striker and then one attacking midfielder i think they could combine to set up or score a goal.

Archived