Phantis Forums

'Boro - Xanthi

Irlandos

Watching middlebrough play these last few games, there not the team they were last year and no way will they finish in Europe again. There are better teams. What you have to remember is English teams in the big 4 play well in Europe, below that, lack of experience gets to them. English teams in the UEFA cup are no good.

That Sux!!!!

i wanted to see Xanthi do well this year!!!!

God damn it <_<

its not a great draw but i see it as very even.... Sborough are not a great team....midtable english teams always drop out early in UEFA to teams people would say are inferior....and Ksanthi is pretty good and they will be understimated and boro will pay for doing that......

Boro-Ksanthi 2-1

Ksanthi - Boro 1-0 :gr:

• 2 weeks later...

A decent showing by Xanthi though. The 2-0 scoreline is really a bit unfair, as Xanthi should have come out with at least 1 goal and probably even a draw. Emerson and Antzas, in particular, stood out.

Despite the loss, Xanthi was enjoyable to watch and played some good, technical football. They completely outplayed 'Boro in the second half, and had at least three CLEAR chances at goal where they really should have scored. I expect another good finish for Xanthi again this year. They really are teh model for the future of Greek football. Too bad more teams are not following their lead, including some of the bigger teams.

It was nice to see Antzas tackle (ala American football) the 'Boro player when they refused to kick the ball out after a Xanthi player went down injured.

Xanthi probably the only team this week to do anything in Europe (besides AEK)

they played well in there performance off course they didn't have lady luck on there side

maybe they can turn these events in Xanthi

hopefully the fans will come watch there team

its a good strong team thats for sure

• 2 weeks later...

Archived