Phantis Forums

Ethniki Line-up

thrylos

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BILLYDAGREEK,

It seems your football knowledge is quite distorted after reading some of your m alakies in this forum and the Panathinaikos forum. How does Georgato suck re anoitai. I think he would help are left side of midfield in the Ethniki, but don't think he is in favour with Otto because of the infamous despute of four years ago. To say he is a s hit player really shows you have no bloody clue.

HOLLYWOOD,

Was it not you and some others I recall that kept shooting me down when I talked about Xoutos being called up to the Ethniki (which I still think he should), and now you decide to state this. Are you implying that I am right, because I did make a good observation, and it proves that yours, and Drakos13, Vasilios and some others comments towards my observations were to just cut me down. Den drepesetai ligaki re manges?

HE sucks my friend, not because of his talent, which he has some of , but because of his attitude, his cheating tactics, he is basically a biatch....a whining biatch.....and we will be just fine without him....regardless of what you and me think he will not play so im done with that.....as for my m*****es ............im sorry i didnt know their was someone like you reading these posts....someone who knows everything and is never wrong...and just to let everyone know he started with the m*****es not me....my opinioin is georgatos sucks...he disagrees by saying i write m*****es.....###### osfp fans , no respect.........

o peiraias vromai bro, but you ve never been their have you

I have never been their? I was born in Athens man, came to Kanada at eight, and I have been to Peiraia a thousand times, and most recently last summer when I had a summer job helping my theo who works in Peiraia, so do not assume things. And Georgatos can't be any worse than the players that we have seen go six matches, some 545 minutes without a goal. This is shameful re manga, and these players should not be wearing a Greece jersey. Forget Euro 2004. Our players have their heads in their a sses and do not deserve to wear the blue and white.

"Don't live on the past as today will pass fast!!"

Some SMRT Greek Guy

What happened in Euo was great. We all agree on that. But at times you have to move forward. About the Georgatos issue. He is amongst thebest Greek players alive in terms of skill, especially offensive skill. Does he have an attitude? Yes, but I ask you to tell me a good soccer player (or any athlete for that matter) that doesn't have an attitude.

If Georgatos accepts a bench role then take him. He'll work hhis way back to the team. People kiss and make up all the time so it is time. I'm fairly certain that Georgatos wishes he was on the Euro squad. Make the possibility of the World Cup can keep him in control.

Do you guys really think that a German head coach who led a small nation to its greatest success in its football history and also one of the largest upsets of all time in any sport would ask a palyer who is past his prime to join the team after that palyer told him to go screw himself?

Gergatos is exactly what is wrong with professional and especially Greek sport - he is a jerk-off plain and simple

Viva King Otto :gr:

Read That Otto Is Playing a 4-3-3 During Practice If so this sound like the line up he should use The Fron Three that hes been using are Charisteas at the top with Giannakopoulos behind on the left and either salp or Pap behind on the Rite

......Giourkas.................Kyrgiakos.........................Kapsis.....................Fyssas....

..............Karagounis....................Zagorakis..........................Katsouranis...........

Papa/Salp....................................................................................Stelios...........

...............................................Charisteas...................................................

Guest Protathlitis

...........Antonaki

Seitaridi.....Kapsis....Dellas....Fyssas

Kara.......Zagorakis...Basinas...Stelios

..........Charisteas...Amanatidis

...........Antonaki

Seitaridi.....Kapsis....Dellas....Fyssas

Kara.......Zagorakis...Basinas...Stelios

..........Charisteas...Amanatidis

there is no way in hell that Basinas a guy with no team and no training will be starting over Kastouranis

as for spalgidis or paps starting hell no

there coming of the bench

put in Lyberopoulos

at least will have 2 towering strikers

plus lybe can score

greece have been playing piss weak lately and i must say im a bit disappointed!

otto - i love him like my father, but its time to make some changes... 6 games with out a goal? what the hell!!!

nikopolidis

katsouranis

giourkas kotsios kyrgiakos fyssas

zagorakis

basinas(vyntra) karagounis

papadopoulos(choutos) giannakopoulos

why would i leave charisteas and vryzas out? because they have been playing crap!! they just cannot score! im sorry you have to here this about our 2004 heroes. but it is very true!

on the other hand giannakopoulos can play a striker role and knows how to put goals away. papadopoulos' pace is also advantageous to our line up and choutos is also a way younger player than vryzas and ive seen him put goals away in italian preseason matches.. he should come on if papadopoulos' experience is lacking..

dunno whats happened to basina.. but i love the defensivenessand creativity he and zagorakis bring to the squad... karagounis for me is the best player greece have got!! incase we are facing a defeat i would bring lucas vyntra on as he adds a bit more attack to the midfield..

in the defense i got rid of dellas and kapsis.. 2 other heroes!! why?

because kapsis and dellas are aging and one day when they retire? who are we gonna replace them with? we need younger players in our team now like kotsios and kyrgiakos has another 5-7 yrs left in him too!!

in the future i would also like to see vangelis mantzios and giorgos samaras get abit of national experience.. they both know how to put goals away and samaras is very skillful.. he will be playing for arsenal in a year or 2

greece have been playing piss weak lately and i must say im a bit disappointed!

otto - i love him like my father, but its time to make some changes... 6 games with out a goal? what the hell!!!

nikopolidis

katsouranis

giourkas kotsios kyrgiakos fyssas

zagorakis

basinas(vyntra) karagounis

papadopoulos(choutos) giannakopoulos

why would i leave charisteas and vryzas out? because they have been playing crap!! they just cannot score! im sorry you have to here this about our 2004 heroes. but it is very true!

on the other hand giannakopoulos can play a striker role and knows how to put goals away. papadopoulos' pace is also advantageous to our line up and choutos is also a way younger player than vryzas and ive seen him put goals away in italian preseason matches.. he should come on if papadopoulos' experience is lacking..

dunno whats happened to basina.. but i love the defensivenessand creativity he and zagorakis bring to the squad... karagounis for me is the best player greece have got!! incase we are facing a defeat i would bring lucas vyntra on as he adds a bit more attack to the midfield..

in the defense i got rid of dellas and kapsis.. 2 other heroes!! why?

because kapsis and dellas are aging and one day when they retire? who are we gonna replace them with? we need younger players in our team now like kotsios and kyrgiakos has another 5-7 yrs left in him too!!

in the future i would also like to see vangelis mantzios and giorgos samaras get abit of national experience.. they both know how to put goals away and samaras is very skillful.. he will be playing for arsenal in a year or 2

no way

Georgatos walked off the team (didn't like Otto's plan after a 5-1 loss), just like zikos. They don't deserve a call-up, let them rot. I put my trust in Otto he's pulled miracles in the past, 3 wins and were in. He'll motivate the team again and inspire them to believe that anything can be achieved. Our last qualifying campagne we lost our first 2, then went like 20 games unbeaten with 6 of the games being qualifiers. So it's not over yet.

i just dont hope anatolakis starts!

i mean we got much better and younger defenders than him (tavlaridis and kyrgiakos)

i dont think he is better than kotsios

we should only worry about our attacking formation.

i suggest we play like this

seitaridis-dellas(kyrgiakos)-kapsis-fyssas(in the near future loubutis from twente)

basinas(or katsouranis)

kafes-zagorakis-karagounis

pap-charisteas-giannakopoulos

slick13 : The Anatolakis of the past 2 seasons has been magnificant and very stable at the back, even you a green can realize this. Tavlaridis does not have the experience and pathos that Anatol does and Kyriakos up until a few days ago did not even belong to a club. Combine that with Kapsis current form and Dellas long lasting injury, you should not be suprised he got the call. Now starting is another issue, and I don't see it happening as long as Katsouranis is available and can play deep in the box or even a Basinas and swtiching them around viceversa DM<>CB.

As far as Kotsios is concerned, his name should not be mentioned in any NT thread, period. Just watching his movements on the ball scares the living s%$#! out of me.

loup: As far as I know Amanatidis was not called up (hence why salpi/lymbe got the call) And for good reason too, he's been horrible for some time now.

aek66 : Wonderfull post, and I agree on all fronts. As far as where our offense will come from, most likely a set peice :rolleyes:

Again, so many people putting their faith in a system that's already been proven to be a wash-out, even after our Euro glory.

Let's face it, boys and girls; we didn't really deserve the win--we eked it out of our opponents inability to get past a 9-man defense and maintain composure. That game against the Czech republic should have been a big loss, and we got lucky.

That's not to say we didn't have our moments of brilliance--Otto was smart to start the game against France with an attacking squad, and we shut them down about 90% of the time.

With what we have, a 3-4-3 system is our only solution. If the defending situation stinks, then we should be throwing a man up to create more scoring chances. I wouldn't be suprised if Otto went for a 1-5-4 and threw all creativity out the window, but this lobbing the ball from the wings didn't work in the Confederations Cup, and it hasn't worked in the last few qualifiers, either.

I agree about Basinas; a guy who hasn't been playing regularly won't have the stamina for a full game; at best, sub him on in the last 30 minutes or so.

If Otto will insist on a crossing game, then he does need Tsiartas in the line-up, to be used (rightly) as a sub later on in the game; what the chuck was he doing subbing him in the Ukraine game with an hour left to play? That poustos could barely do one lap without wheezing IN HIS PRIME!!! However, he's got a left foot that Beckham would kill for, and that's what we need him for. Stelios hasn't been able to replace him. Germany will have the same problem when Ballack retires after next year's WC, and ditto England when Beckham's gone.

I would put Stelios as a center-midfielder, with Katsouranis on the left, and (maybe) Vryzas on the right. Vryz has already proven he has the stamina to run up and down the field supporting the fullbacks when necessary. Start Charisteas on the goddamn bench for once, and put Zagorakis, Papadopoulos, and Lymberopoulos up front.

I wouldn't be surprised if we went 0-0 or lost 1-0, the way we've been playing. And I wouldn't be all that disappointed, because when you've gone enough games without a win, you realized it's just like it was when we were growing up (remember USA '94?).

i just dont hope anatolakis starts!

i mean we got much better and younger defenders than him (tavlaridis and kyrgiakos)

i dont think he is better than kotsios

we should only worry about our attacking formation.

i suggest we play like this

seitaridis-dellas(kyrgiakos)-kapsis-fyssas(in the near future loubutis from twente)

basinas(or katsouranis)

kafes-zagorakis-karagounis

pap-charisteas-giannakopoulos

Anatolakis has worked his way back to the ethinki after 6 long years

don't bash him cause your green eyes can't accept him

but i don't think he should start

the two cb's should be Kyrgiakos and Kapsis

Charisteas also should be starting even though some of u say he shouldn't

i mean be honest is gekas and pap better then Charisteas

lets be kazhanstan

Based Again onn the Squad that has been Practing Together this most likely is the lineup

.........................................Nikopolidis..........................................................

...............Giourkas.........Antolakis........Katasouranis...................Fyssas.........

....................Karagounos.............Zagorakis......................Basinas............

......Stelios...............................................................Papadopoulos..............

................................................Charisteas.......................................................

We all know he's gonna use Charisteas, but if he doesn't score an effing goal, I say we take his shirt and give it to somebody who can put it in the damn net!

I can't see Greece beating Denmark away, but if they win these next three games, even if they don't qualify they can salvage a little dignity. They've got one of the toughest groups.

i am not saying lympe is the best greek player out there and that he will solve all our problem. not at all. you are right he is slow and he may not be the ideal 10 player. i agree with you on that.

all i am saying is that lympe with aek has made good games and led the team alongside katsouranis in an astonishing season, were aek finished third out of the blue. he fights, runs, defends when he wears the aek jersey. he scored vital goals and he opend up the game for his teammates giving great passes to the likes of cesar, soares. lympe had a lot of assists in addition to many chances he inititated. given charisteas who can only score by head and apart from that does little for our offensive game, i rate lympe as a good addition to our squad. we lack a certain creativity in the midfield and offensive minded players. stelios is that sort of player. we agree on that but he is wasted by otto oftentimes. still stelios is our best offensive player. karagounis to me was never an playmaker let alone an offensive player. he can score, he can dribble but overall hes a fighter.in my opinion  hes not the player who creates a lot of chances. dont get me wrong i see karagounis as one of the best players we ever had.

what we lack are players who can create something. tsiartas is over, as sad as it may seem. we dont have any substitute for him, so lympe may well be the best option given that.

as for gekas and also papadopoulos, salpigidis: they have the quickness that charisteas and vryzas definitely lack. we need more quickness and agility up front. given that charisteas and vryzas are both slow and  heavy players who need a lot of time and space to move.

if lympe contributes in the future no one cares what he did in the past and if he doesnt he at least provides some variety to well known akward vryzas/ cahristeas combo that was born out of nikolaidis injury. i think its good to add fresh blood from time to time and not let the players be too comfortable of their position. although of course otto missed a good oportunity to experiment during the confederations cup. this i really hold against him...

you make many good points here...i have my own opinion as to why vryzas and charisteas lack space to work (you are very correct on those 2 being 'heavy' players).

i remember last year's euro where a few goals and attacks that led to goals came from the wing, and exclusively the right wing. charisteas and vryzas had a bit more room to operate. remember in the euro, stelios didn't start every match and was injured.

we start these 2006 wc qualifiers with stelios as our left attacking midfielder. in the turkey match played in the new karaiskaki, otto's tactical mistake of using stelios as the only left-sided attacking player became obvious to me. the same mistake that currently negatively effects the attack of the greece side and has put our qualifing chances in jeopardy. i also posted this right after that dull 0-0 greece-turkey match.

the mistake is: stelios is all right foot. stelios starts as left midfielder and we play against a 4-4-2, the opponent's right fullback becomes a 3rd centerback, clogging the penalty area denying charisteas and vryzas room to operate. since stelios is all right foot, stelios almost always turns into the middle of the pitch, either running with the ball or passing and continuing his off the ball running towards the center of the pitch. stelios seems uncomfortable with his left foot and it's only natural for him to run towards the middle of the pitch, and not down the left touchline. the right fullback who is tracking stelios just goes with stelios' movements and becomes a 3rd centerback by following stelios into the middle of the pitch.

in the euro, we saw seitaridi make runs down the right touchline and zagorakis' cross from the right side forced france's 2 centerbacks to make a mistake in their marking, allowing charisteas room for his goal. remember, lizarazu, france's left fullback, had to came out and challenge zagorakis, leaving france's 2 centerbacks to deal with the cross. not 2 centerbacks and a left fullback, since the left fullback was taken out of the play by zagorakis' flick. an advantageous attacking situation for greece, because zagorakis ran down the wing and beat the left fullback. attacks from the wings are crucial because greece doesn't have a 20 million euro creative center attacking midfielder to break open defences in the middle of the pitch.

it's football 101, running down the wings opens space in the middle.

if stelios made runs down the left touchline, our opponents right fullback would have to stay honest by marking stelios, and that fullback would not become a 3rd centerback making life harder for charisteas and vryzas in and outside the penalty area. but, since stelios has no left foot, that will not happen...stelios will not make runs and crosses from the left touch line.

otto had a golden chance to experiment during the confed cup, and he blew it. my choice would have been to select grammozis of kaiserslauten (at the time...now he is with f.c. koln), as a left sided wingback or midfielder. grammozis is a tough player with defensive ability, but he is also a good crosser...a cultured left foot, since he can also take set pieces. the reason for this is that stelios needs a different position. this is just not working out for greece and stelios.

even if otto dropped vryzas (for example) and use only 1 center forward and play stelios right behind the 1 center forward, greece would be much more positive in attack. addition by subtraction. i also think that if otto did this, karagouni would be much more dangerous due to the fact that a grammozis running up and down the left would give karagouni one more option in distribution, along with keeping that right fullback away from the center of the pitch, opening more space up.

that 1 more option in distribution might make karagouni a super player, not the decent player he is now, currently stymied by the lack of anything on the left.

i don't have a coaching certificate in football, but all this is plain to see. otto should be ashamed at himself for his stubborness. i know for a fact he knows what is going on, and yet he does nothing about it. otto is satisfied winning 1-0 with a scruffy goal and a gritty defensive effort? otto has the potential for having a much better side.

i think we will beat kaz easily...but, it may only be a pipedream. the mask that covers our ugly left sided problem will come off when we face a strong side away. with this problem i'm very concerned about going into parken and facing a strong danish side. denmark play like portugal, 1 center forward and 2 wingers. that means our wingbacks (or fullbacks, otto may use a 4-4-2 against denmark), seitaridi and fyssas have to stay back and concentrate solely on defense. where in the world will our offense come from since our left side is non-existant?

AEK66,

I fully agree with you about Stelios. What possibly can be OTTO thinking ?

Stubborn German he may be. how can we have some very little say about it?

Try to E-Mail may be? We may be collectively able to change his mind. Who knows? Any thougths welcome!! Some of you say,we will have tie against Kazahstan,get real, we will win period!!. I fell PAP,should pay in Asanna, because he is from Kazahstan, it will be home coming of sorts for PAPS. The game we should be worrying about is Denmark, not the other two.

Apollo. :gr:

Charisteas is a young , good player, with a good midfield he can score , but with stelios out of position and basinas kicking corners what do you expect....i love stelios, he is good when he is free in the mid...anyway who can replace charistea? not that he cant be replaced but im curious to see who you think would replace him...... in denmark we need a tie, and other than basinas i like this line up, with lympe coming in the 2nd half.........should get a couple goals at least vs kaza.....stelios and lympe each score, possibly karagounis for the third, and charisteas header for the fourth..........I hope :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Archived