Phantis Forums

Comments on your streaming experience

Spiro

Please remember that people spent countless hours away of their personal lives to help you today.

The creators of this idea would appreciate it if you could write your comments about this experience here so they can make appropriate adjustments and help you more the next time.

Test your connection speed here and include the results with your comments. Don't forget to mention where you were watching the game from (house, office, university etc)

Or you can just drop a thank you note.

Well i feel that i must thank, (because very few know them from here) :

VAssilyS

dpsycho

gastone

Spiro

Perseas

Leo

george from france

thank you all for working so hard so long now every sunday aftrenoon for more than a month.....as well as for the fun we had while creating this!

tha me paroun ta klamata :P :P :P :P

(kai den xexno: -- tsampa tsonta sto lao -- opos leei kai o spiros ;) )

cu all on Sunday :tup:

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

(how ur untouch and ft*fix.com, remember me?....you should)

Big thanks to everyone who was involved in making this possible. Despite some problems I had initialy, which were resolved by re-booting my media player, I was able to enjoy the very exciting game.

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys for giving me the opportunity to watch a great match! Unfortunately i am not able to do the same for other people because my connection isnt that good. But i have given a lot of time trying to find streams on the web and i will keep trying! Maybe i will find something good for you too!

Cheers from Dublin Ireland!

My experience was great, didnt buffer once and what a game , i hope we see many more like this....Anyway id like to thank everyone who helped , even everyone who signed on with a good connection so we can keep it going smooth...Spiro, what can i say you and whoever else are geniuses........if ever in chicago let me know.....Cheers!!!!

Guest gastone_1978

I am glad you all enjoyed it guys. Now this is a good opportunity to make a call to all the greeks out there and ask them this:

WHOEVER HAS AN ADSL CONNECTION, A TV TUNE, AND SOME WILL TO HELP PEOPLE WATCH GAMES, TV SHOWS ETC, WE WILL SHOW YOU THE WAY. ALL YOU NEED IS 128Kb/s UPLOAD.

Whoever else can support this effort let us know. Remember . WE DO NOT CHARGE ANYTHING. HELP US TO HELP YOU.

More streams will come! Nice job teamates.

We are also looking for people with strong upload connections. Normally these people are in universities or offices with strong DSL, cable or T1 lines. They don't have to have anything else! Just strong upload connections.

Please, please help! If you enjoyed today's game and want to watch our National Team, Champions League, UEFA Cup, World Cup, Greek League or even other important sports please help!.

We are not asking for money. We are not even asking to give us any of your valuable time. We have worked everything out and it looks like we will be able to broadcast EVERY game on line and we can support thousands of users! But we need a couple of guys with strong upload connections.

Don't just wait untill the next game to come and ask for a link. HELP!

PM Spiro, gastone_1978 or lopopo and we will guide you through tthe process!

Other minorities (Scots, English, Turks etc) do what we did today for a long time, but they charge money. We don't!

Give to the omogenia what thay deserve!

Help!

thanks spiro and everyone who put their valued time in. i did not get a chance to

check this out i watched the game at a friends house on ert but apriciate

helping the greek community abroad.

i also wanted to know is it the higher upload the better.i did the test and my upload

is over 350,is this ok before i go on.

thanks again. good work guys.

Guest gastone_1978

Guys any upload over 256Kb/s is good for the moment. The better the upload the stronger the network between us.

For more info in case you face difficulties pm Spiro, Lopopo or me. We will all be glad to help you.

Guest geocha

Hi everyone,

Giorgos from Los Angeles (new member). I didn't watch the game pao-wisla last time, since I just saw your forum. I was actually watching ERT-Sat through the EMP website, but finally they didn't show the game (maybe there are different streams for ERT-Sat, I don't know). It's really nice though that you 've tried something like that.

I am willing to help you in case you need my help. Currently I am using my pc in a university (with download/upload speed = 81894 / 22069 kbps). I am not quite sure how I can open or close ports, and I am not also certain if there will be any consequences (in case they are able to find out who opens a port) but maybe I should ask them. (Also this computer is available only on Sundays). In the worst case that I cannot use this connection, I am planning to install dsl at home with (384/128 kbps).

Let me know if you need my help. Especially in Los Angeles, watching a football game is really hard. In the past I used to pay $20 to see a game. I have suffered a lot.

Giorgos

Guest gastone_1978

If you are at a UNIVERSITY OR COLLEGE. DO NOT TRY CONNECTING TO ANY OF OUR STUFF for 2 major reasons.

1. The ports are closed and only the administrator of your university network can open those ports. Therefore it is IMPOSSIBLE for you trying such a thing.

2. It may get you in trouble as universities are all after P2P networks like the ones we create and they will most certainly warn you about your actions.

Try it only if you have a home Internet connection. In any other case I would not recommend it both for your safety and your inability to have any sort of access to the ports that are required.

Euxaristoume paidia. H syndesi htan teleia. Monaxa o hxws sto deutero hmixrono argouse ligo na erthei alla kata t'alla to apolausame(eidika oi gauroi). Na ste kala paidia pou ftia3ate ola auta gia mas.

Ante kai kalo neo prwtathlima :D

I have missed all the events due to my long absence to Greece.

Did you guys stream the PAO-wilsa game?

Although I was at OAKA having a heart attack until the very end...

I am very impressed with the work and the comments. :tup:

You can count me in for help.

I will pm Spiro, for details.

My connection:2500/720

Your download speed : 2534 kbps.

A 312.3 KB/sec transfer rate.

Your upload speed : 719 kbps.

PEACE

Archived