Phantis Forums

Football around the world?

i am looking at possibly getting cable now and see that there are many international channels on it....but i have no idea/there are no decent sites that have all this information compiled......phantis really is the best place to get information for games being played on and thats mostly to Ziaka :tup: .......

so i propose that the forum can make an international list of all football carrying channels (not just for myself but to look in general, if ert isnt showing matches we can check here which channels tend to show football from the opposing country, same with ethniki matches (for example like when the only way to see our amazing 1-0 win vs Spain in the USA was thru TVE Interacional) and in general i think its a good idea to know if anyone out there has satelites with channels they might find useless can sometimes have football on and be entertained........when weve compiled a big enough list we can pin it up maybe?

just a big list of football carrying channels and what they show is my idea....could be a very good reference....

i will start with what i know to be football carrying channels, everyone please add their countries carriers or channels they know.........ziaka please feel free to correct me on the greece section i keep getting them confused because they keep switching...

Greece : Supersport- A ethniki, many european leagues

Alpha - A ethniki, some foreign cup matches

NET- shows european matches for greek teams, national team, greek cup

ERT3 - shows english 2nd division games, French League , B ethniki

Switzerland: TSI2 , SFI2 - show champions league matches

Italy: Sky shows CL and Serie A matches

Rai2- shows italian cup matches, uefa cup

RaiInternazionale- shows serie A

Rete4-champions league

Romania:

TV Romania - shows Romanian european matches, romanian league....

Turkey:

LigTV - Turk league

USA:

ESPN 2- Champions League, World Cup

Fox Sports World: MLS, A-League, UEFA, Spanish, Premier, French, Argentine

GolTV- Spanish League, Serie A, central and southern american leagues

Univision/Galavision: Mexican League, intl games central america, world cup, confed cup, gold cup

Austria:

ORF2- champions league and national team Austria

Portugal:

TVP Internacional- Portugues league, Portuguese NT matches

Spain:

TVE Internacional- shows spanish national team matches

anyways if anybody can add anything please do!

Also, for the the USA listings, FSC (Fox Soccer Channel) also has the occasional live German Bundisliga (sp?) game and shows Bundisliga games on tape-delay every now and then.

The other thing is the "A-league" is now called the USL first divison, though if you talk to any die-hard American soccer fan, they'll know what you're talking about if you mention the "A-league."

Hope this helps.

in canada rogers sportsnet show english premier league

and TV 5 shows french league in the part of the coubtry where i live

off the top of my head some that come to mind:

sky turk: show turkish super league

sportitalia: shows serie a

galicia tv: show spanish first division

Administrators and Moderators of Phantis are working on setting up a trully amazing service. Everyone will be able to add, modify or subtract info in anything that has to do with sports.

A section of this service is dedicated to Sport channels in the web, satellite tv and cable tv.

It may take a litle more while until this service is accesible to the public, but it will be a real jewel to our community when it's done.

Meanwhile we can certainly contribute info in this topic that drakos13 started very wisely.

sportitalia: shows serie a

galicia tv: show spanish first division

sportitalia??? must be a channel for north america...

i have never heard of that one before, and i know serie A rights in italy are i think all games by Sky Italia

did u mean RAISport because they dont show serie a, only B and C and Coppa Italia

also are u sure about TV Galicia? i may be able to get that channel, also i think it has an online stream :tup:

no i didn't mean RAI sport since you already mentioned it in the first post.

sportitalia and galicia tv both have online streams and i watched some serie a last year on sportitalia, maybe they have rights to some games only.

but there are MANY MANY more channels

Another thing came to mind, this may seem obvious is anyone (in the USA or otherwise) is looking for sports off of Spanish Channels, but Fox Sports En Espanol also has Mexican league, some South American leagues, as well as (not 100% sure) the Copa Libertadores (South American Champions League).

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure Gol TV airs the Mexican NT Qualifiers. This is based on the excessive replays of Mexico-Costa Rica.

Hope this helps.

Archived