Phantis Forums

Xoutos to start along side Haristea

The Ethniki's game against Kazakstan is about a month away, and I think Otto must take a real look at our line-up not only for this game but the two after. Xoutos is on form at Inter and I think he should replace Vryza in the entekada. A Haristea-Xouto combination would be dangerous, and with Karagouni and Xouto playing so well lately in the Inter first team, this tandom will be able to rip our opponents defenses apart, in the remaining WCQualifiers. What do you guys think?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is just typical old fashioned Greek thinking here

its funny how Choutos is scoring so many goals in friendlies and were already giving him the starting role on the Ethinki

i am only waiting for somebody to compare Choutos to Owen or somebody like that

Choutos probably as the most goals ever scored in preseason games

he used to do this all hte time with Olympiakos

i know we are very thin up front but this is Choutos

lets bring in Samaras or Anastasiou

Clover22,

You would rather have that patata Vryzas instead of Xoutos. Xoutos is a proven goalscorer, and would be valuable in our remaining games in WCQ, so what are you talking about? Anastasiou, Amanatidi are past their prime, along with Vryza. Lets get in the new blood like Xouto, Papadopoulo etc. ANd why should we give the starting role to Vryza or Haristea, Olympiakos11 when they can't even score a goal in what is it now five or six games. Lets wake up re paidia and have some vision for our Ethniki, because with this kind of mentality we will definately not reach Germany in 2006. ;)

Amanatidis is 24 or 25 - entering prime - not past it

But I must agree that Choutos is an interesting choice - if he can keep up this form

I was watching the highlights from the qualifying to EURO and Choutos was almost the hero in the game at home vs. Ukraine he made a nice run in the box late in the game when it was still 0-0 and chipped it over the goalie it was kept out by a defencemean - kind of sloppy but when I saw it I was wondering how different this guys career would have been if that had rolled in - there would be no way that Otto would have kept him off the team - but now he is just a small footnote to the whole thing

I have not seen him play much and I am not sure what it is but a lot of people hate him and his father - I personaly would put rather see Samaras ahead of him and Amanatidis too - but if he can get some playing time at Inter he will be called up for sure :gr:

:LOL: :LOL:

Choutos-Charisteas......dream on dude

Amanatidis is 24 years old and yes he's definately past his prime :LOL: :LOL:

since he played injured at the confed cup so didn't play well doesn't mean he should get axed, at least he played despite the injury.

just because Choutos does well in friendlies doesn't mean he should get a starting place on the NT. Amanatidis will replace Vryzas when he retires and i hope that's soon. Otto doesn't even call up Samaras for confed cup then what are Chouto's chances.

we should wait and see what selections Otto makes for the freindly vs. Belgium.

Never rule out a possibility...you guys are trying to believe that even if...and i mean if..cause its all hypothetical....choutos begins to actually get game time, at inter or any club for that matter he will not get called up by otto. Think again!

This may not necessarily mean a starting spot, but you cant deny that choutos on form would help the national team, who is desperately i need of some flavour upfront.

Amanatidis would be first choice ahead of choutos....but you cant just rubbish choutos at the age of 26.

As i said...... if.....

:LOL: :LOL:

Choutos-Charisteas......dream on dude

Amanatidis is 24 years old and yes he's definately past his prime :LOL: :LOL:

since he played injured at the confed cup so didn't play well doesn't mean he should get axed, at least he played despite the injury.

just because Choutos does well in friendlies doesn't mean he should get a starting place on the NT. Amanatidis will replace Vryzas when he retires and i hope that's soon. Otto doesn't even call up Samaras for confed cup then what are Chouto's chances.

we should wait and see what selections Otto makes for the freindly vs. Belgium.

hej guys i am not expert but Amanatidis is one of the dangerous strikers in the German League (Bundesliga) ....

...I think Otto should give him more chances to play forward or in the central midllefield as a offensive player...he can be a good assist for charisteas too... and Charisteas is a very talented player...even he cant score in the moment he is a big weapon in greek team.

Fellas.....

At this point I think that this speculation is up because of the need for us (Greek National Team) to qualify for the WC 2006.

As far as Houtos is concerned I have to agree w/ the majoriyt in the fact that he's in for at the moment and as we all know and we'll see...... he's going to loose that form come in about a month or so.

Don't get me wrong... he's a good player but I don't think he's ready physically and MENTALLY.

What the NT team needs is Otto to have a GREAT mix of young and old players in order to develop the team for the future...

what are you kidding me? Choutos even making the team after scoring 2 goals for friendlies in Inter???

Gkekas, Papa are much better players and going to be in much better shape and form by the time for Kazakhstan.......Choutos is playing in friendlies but hes not going to start over Adriano, Pizarro, and Cruz???

if we are gonna try a new striker i would like it to be Lyberopoulos......or if Salpiggidis hits really good form it would be time to try him out...

I'd have to reserve judgement on Choutos until after he gets some regular playing time with Inter and he starts pumping in the goals. But with Adriano and Recoba there, who knows how often he'll get in. Moreover, he was on loan with Atalanta all of last season. What did he do with them? Anyway until he gets regular playing time in the Serie A and not just some games in friendlies, I'd keep him in mind but not invite him immediately to the National squad.

Amanatidis is 24 or 25 - entering prime - not past it

greeksoccerfanatic, ill give u some facts

Amanatidis is 24 years old!!!

i dnt know where u come from but if u think 24 years old is to old or over his prime then what does that make choutos whos 26??? shouldnt he b in the retirement home :P

anyways i think u got ur facts mixed up :P

Clover22,

You would rather have that patata Vryzas instead of Xoutos. Xoutos is a proven goalscorer, and would be valuable in our remaining games in WCQ, so what are you talking about? Anastasiou, Amanatidi are past their prime, along with Vryza. Lets get in the new blood like Xouto, Papadopoulo etc. ANd why should we give the starting role to Vryza or Haristea, Olympiakos11 when they can't even score a goal in what is it now five or six games. Lets wake up re paidia and have some vision for our Ethniki, because with this kind of mentality we will definately not reach Germany in 2006. ;)

PROVEN GOALSCOREER??? WHEN LIKE 3 years ago? even in his last season with OSFP

he didnt do much..... even last year the guy couldnt win a place as a sub with Atalanta

and got ONE appearance with them (who finished dead last)

If he gets consistent time for Inter and plays well then you might have a point. Scoring

in a couple preseason games to win you a spot on the european champions because the

team you scored them with is a big name?? that doesnt mean s%$#! in the real world. and

with Adriano, Pizarro, Martins, Cruz and then Recoba in the order above him i think

Choutos will probably be sent out on loan to serie B and transfer listed...

Amanatidis past his prime??? hes not even reached it!!!! Amanatidis is a promising player hes had some injuries but hes eventually going to find his place on the team for sure..the only time he really got with the ethniki is when the entire team played like absolute garbage in the confederation cup...dont judge him based on that performance hes had no others.....

Ela paidia iremiste, tha pathete tpt.

H m*****A ehei faei ton greekfanatic. Oute 3adelfos tou na htan o Xoutos. Pou na 3erei to wraio omos, oti DEN MENEI STHN INTER o Xoutos.....Tha valei ta klamata arage ?

And that "patata" won us the euro championships, have some more respect for a player of his caliber.

he didnt do much..... even last year the guy couldnt win a place as a sub with Atalanta

Just to clarify something....but choutos was injured, whilst on loan to atalanta...he was infact injured before he went there..

He was merely sent to atalanta on loan, so he can be off the inter books for a while, ala mutu from juve to livorno...during his drug ban.

So obviosuly he wouldnt get games at atalanta.

Thats all...now continue on debating.

Just to clarify something....but choutos was injured, whilst on loan to atalanta...he was infact injured before he went there..

He was merely sent to atalanta on loan, so he can be off the inter books for a while, ala mutu from juve to livorno...during his drug ban.

So obviosuly he wouldnt get games at atalanta.

Thats all...now continue on debating.

fair point i remember he was injured but i thought he recovered for atalanta - but the fact remains hes not a proven goalscorer for getting a few goals in friendly matches.

Sorry gentlemen, however I needed to make this post.

I could undersand how a few us would like to see with in form and with the ethniki....I am one of them, because he is a very talented player and we have not seen the best of him yet.....Does he deserve to be on the team??? No he does not.....a few friendlies does not merit a spot on the team...

However.....something which is much bigger than a players skill is his attitude. My relatives in Greece know Lambro and they say that his attitude is very cr***y. He is a big baby and has a hard time getting along with not only friends but teammates as well......when a coach tells you run....you f***** run, not turn around and give with attitude....

He has fantastic speed and a beautiful shot. If he can keep his mouth shout and think of the team first.....he will be a dangerous striker and would add another dimension to the ethniki....

IMO, call him up for the Belgium friendly....keep him on the bench and use in the second half....because Charisteas has really pissed me off this qualifying season.....Vryzas is the only one that has showed heart and team play....Vryzas is a set-up man....he is great at that and putting youngsters with some speed up front will prove beneficial.

Ax re anoitoi VASILAKI,Hollywood, and Drakos13

What kind of vision do you have for the national team re paidia? Probably the same vision Otto has lately that is resulting to the Ethniki being on the brink of elimination from Germany 2006. OK, maybe I was mistaken a bit on Amanatidi, but I don't think he is the future striker for the Ethniki. Funny how some in here would like to see Xouto have a chance to show what he can do on the international stage. At least some of you are not as XEROKEFALOI as VASILIOS,HOLLYWOOD AND DRAKOS13. Get some soccer knowledge or something re paidia, instead of insisting to write your m alakies that doesn't serve any purpose in this post. Your like little old ladies that like to nag at people it seems, rather than give your opinion. Have some vision for our ethniki. And, yes Vryzas' prime is beyond over. Patata is not the word, and I could use harsher words to describe his performances of late. HOLLYWOOD, you talk about his calibre. Siga re file. He has as much calibre as a donkey has of late. I am looking for success for the national team, and I am giving my opinion of who should Otto try out, so we will not show that we won Euro by some miracle, as some outsiders believe. If we don't qualify for Germany 2006 we will prove all the critics right. If this is what makes you happy VASILIOS,HOLLYWOOD AND DRAKOS13, than truly you are out to lunch on the future of our Ethniki. B)

Ax re anoitoi VASILAKI,Hollywood, and Drakos13

What kind of vision do you have for the national team re paidia? Probably the same vision Otto has lately that is resulting to the Ethniki being on the brink of elimination from Germany 2006. OK, maybe I was mistaken a bit on Amanatidi, but I don't think he is the future striker for the Ethniki. Funny how some in here would like to see Xouto have a chance to show what he can do on the international stage. At least some of you are not as XEROKEFALOI as VASILIOS,HOLLYWOOD AND DRAKOS13. Get some soccer knowledge or something re paidia, instead of insisting to write your m alakies that doesn't serve any purpose in this post. Your like little old ladies that like to nag at people it seems, rather than give your opinion. Have some vision for our ethniki. And, yes Vryzas' prime is beyond over. Patata is not the word, and I could use harsher words to describe his performances of late. HOLLYWOOD, you talk about his calibre. Siga re file. He has as much calibre as a donkey has of late. I am looking for success for the national team, and I am giving my opinion of who should Otto try out, so we will not show that we won Euro by some miracle, as some outsiders believe. If we don't qualify for Germany 2006 we will prove all the critics right. If this is what makes you happy VASILIOS,HOLLYWOOD AND DRAKOS13, than truly you are out to lunch on the future of our Ethniki. B)

greeksoccerfanatic - you are hopeless.

I would like to to leave you to read your own post again and you realize it...

So I will break it down:

In your entire post you did nothign but call us names and say we have no vision and try to discredit Vryzas. Nowhere did you say why Choutos should start...thats after all what were discussing, and now you say our m alakies dont serve any prupose...you call us kserokefaloi bla blah and you are the karagkiozi stating that Choutos should start and Amanatidis is finished! Get some soccer knowledge! Who the hell are you to say re! You really know a lot dont you! Here you are stating Choutos is a proven goalscorer which hes not, that he should start for the eurpoean champions NEXT MATCH, and that Amanatidis is finished!

oh and your topic is entitled "Choutos TO start alongside Charistea" TO means that its gonna happen not that you think it should.

as for your vision comments:

Yes, because we do not support the CRAP CHOUTOS playing on our team we have no 'vision' whatsoever. That is patheitc. We DONT WANT CHOUTOS PLAYING UNLESS HES REALLY PROVEN. HE ISNT CLOSE YET. That IS part of the vision for the team. If we let every player who scored goals in friendlies abroad wed h You are the idiot without vision---- im sure you didnt know this so ill write it out for you:

GREECE IS THE EUROPEAN CHAMPION AS OF 2004.

We dont call up unproven players to START in World Cup qualifyers when we REALLY NEED the results. Its COMMON SENSE. You try proven players in friendlies and as subs but not give them a straight up starting spot after being completly unproven....We want Greece to win every game so we dont support something as stupid as seeing one Inter player scoring goals in friendlies vs crap teams and you flipping out claiming they should start next game....

this isnt a village team where everyone gets a place, this is Ellas we are talking about you work hard and you MIGHT get a place.

as for Vyrzas: hes a great player and one of our best. He played like crap in Germany and so did every one else so how you gonna distinguish? Those were the worst performances i had seen from the team since before rehagel. I also think its time that he goes soon but if hes gonna be replaced it should not be Choutos.....we already have Papadopoulos, Gkekas, Amanatidis who are great strikers and way better and more experienced than Choutos.

drakos about your last paragraph, Vryzas has great work ethic even though he might not have the skills to match it and that's why he's co-captain. he had some personal problems during confed cup so he didn't play well but he has the mental attitude that Choutos is missing.

Choutos was a great prospect as an 18 year old at AS Roma but since then, his attitude problems have just ruined his career. this guy is so full of himself. he just does what he wants when he wants.....why should Otto want a player like that on his team.

^^ aren't we lucky this dude isn't coaching our ethniki :LOL:

Choutos was a great prospect as an 18 year old at AS Roma but since then, his attitude problems have just ruined his career. this guy is so full of himself. he just does what he wants when he wants.....why should Otto want a player like that on his team.

Great point!

If anyone follows American football....there was a rookie a few years back named Lawrence Phillips. How good was this guy......he could have easily re-written every single record in the NFL......since then he was kicked off every single team and ended up with the Montreal Alouettes in the Canadian Football League....and since then, he has ended in jail without a penny to his name.

Xoutos is not a gansta banger. However, he does have to put the team (ethniki) ahead of his selfish needs. Gents, it could be that he has changed....and has matured, let's see how Inter uses him and how he responds.

He has the talent, speed and shot. He moves around fast and puts himself in positions to break between defenses. On all around smart player that would add firepower off the bench.

IMO use him as a sub in Belgium and maybe against Kazakhstan (depending).

One thing is for sure Otto is very stubborn in his selections. Confed cup was a golden opportunity to showcase a few players yet to be called up and he missed the boat....hopefully we see some young blood come Aug. 17th.

Well looks like you guys just about covered it for me. greeksoccerfanatic just because the guy scored a couple of goals in friendlies doesn't mean we should bring the guy into the NT after doing nothing w/ Atalanta this past season. And yeah I pointed out months ago the fact that Vryzas is not dangerous enough at this point in time and we need to bring some newer guys in which is exactly what Otto did during the Confederations cup. And I think the players he called up, Papadopoulos, Gekas and yes, AMANATIDIS, was the right thing to do and will bring more depth to offensive play. Salpiggidis may be a good idea as well. Samaras looks promising, but it may be a bit too late now. We can't start experimenting in September and October! Maybe Samaras will come in as a sub next summer in Germany, who knows but I don't see him as a starter for the next WC. And why bring up Anastasiou? He's not going to get the call, so? Amanatidis did quite well this past season in the Bundesliga despite the fact he started off w/ an injury. Anyhow he's more dangerous than Vryzas and you will see more of him.

Clover22,

You write just like the m alakies I mentioned in my last post. Maybe even worse. Ti blima eisai re paidaki mou. I should realize and forgive your v lakies though seeing its coming from one of those f ucked up PANA fans. It looks like you too came from the school of Hazomara, just like your buddies Hollywood, Drakos13. No use in offering my opinion to a bunch of V lakes, such as yourselves. You all have the same bloody mentality, but I'll tell you all must be honour students in the school of m alakia. Krima paidia, krima. I don't have to go back and read my posts, because I'm pretty sure of what I write. This is my opinion of what can be brought into the Ethniki, and some of you are cutting up because you have nothing informative to add. I can understand that though from an uneducated m oron such as yourself.

Thrylos Thyra 7 Gia Panta!!! :nw:

Archived