Phantis Forums

the beast headed for Real

it became official today, the transfer finally went through, Julio Baptista is headed to Real Madrid.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews...=76977&idSez=20

i don't know what this team is thinking, they're just buying expensive players when there is really no place for them on the team. who will sit in the bench now to give this guy a place because the newly signed players always get more playing time.

Thproblem with real at the moment I think is that all they care about is just geeting names on the team.

They need to start winning some silverware..

They are worrying too much on marketting the team and making money that way instead of them doing it on the pitch.....

I don't like that type of a team and this is the reason why I think that they are not going to win anything this year either...

As long as Florentino Perez is the president expect no major changes in Madrids policy. At least they bought a defensive midfielder( Pablo Garcia) and a right back(Diogo)but the stars keep on coming every year. Chelsea success didnt help changing the conception that sudden amounts of money can make a great team out of nowhere.Corinthians is doing the same in Brasil. Marketing first, football next.

it became official today, the transfer finally went through, Julio Baptista is headed to Real Madrid.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews...=76977&idSez=20

i don't know what this team is thinking, they're just buying expensive players when there is really no place for them on the team. who will sit in the bench now to give this guy a place because the newly signed players always get more playing time.

the new post Del Bosque Real Madrid has a tradition of sending there best players in the streets for pennies in favour of bigger "name" players....

Makelele

Portillo

Cambiasso

Morientes

McMannaman

Hierro --- a club LEGEND thrown in the streets....

Conceicao (not sayin that cuz hes on PAO now but he was a good member of squad)

Celades

Munitis

and yes some of those players were aging but that experience is vital to a team that aspires to be the best in europe and spain. Milan is a great example- look at Maldini, Costacurta, Cafu---- theyre old as hell but still perform great and it works for the TEAM. But Real is about the MARKETING.

as for Baptista -----this guy is easily the best striker on Real Madrid. Owen is decent, Raul blows, Ronaldo is getting worse every game and is a fat bastard....Portillo and Baptista would be devastating but Real arent that smart....

there going after Robinho for a criminal fee (based on what i saw at the Confed Cup there are plenty of strikers who would be cheaper and get more done for the team)

Archived