Phantis Forums

Juve got Viera

Damn! They are going to have a great defense!

This is going to give them another dimension when it comes to their style of play:

Vieira agrees to join Juventus

Italian champions Juventus FC appear to have pulled off the biggest transfer of the summer so far by signing Arsenal FC captain Patrick Vieira.

End of an era

The two clubs have agreed a deal totalling €20m for the 29-year-old French international midfielder, who is currently finalising personal terms with Juventus. Vieira's move away from Arsenal ends a nine-year association with the club he joined for €5.7m in 1996 after spells with AC Milan and AS Cannes.

Glorious spell

Vieira played a major part in transforming Arsenal's fortunes under manager Arsène Wenger, helping the Londoners to Premiership and FA Cup doubles in 1998 and 2002, as well as a further league title in 2004 and FA Cup successes in 2003 and 2005. In all, he made 279 Premiership appearances.

'Meet a new challenge'

"I made the decision to leave because I felt it was time to have a new challenge," Vieira said. "But that does not mean I was unhappy or that I was having a problem at Arsenal. It was just that I had the feeling I needed to grow and meet a new challenge, and I feel Juventus was the best challenge for me."

Wenger tribute

Wenger added: "Patrick was a great player for us, one of the greatest in the club's history and I feel I had a special relationship with him because I made him come here. His impact, not only at Arsenal but in English football overall, was just tremendous."

this IS the TRANSFER of the year!

bravo juve forza juve

I definitely agree with you. This is the most blockbuster move..

He deserves it. He's going to go to a true team that's going to worship him better than Arsenal ever did... :tup:

Archived