Phantis Forums

Time for a FATWAH!

athinaios

schum aint done such a bad job. when he took over, our inspirational players liberopolous, karagounis + kollka had just left + he had to build a new team. this year he's kept us in europe, we're 2nd in the league + only a point off being 1st. also, we've beayen aek athens this year + shuda beaten olympiakosw away. judge schum on his performance + hes done a good job!

i know that very well nigtsurfer...but its hard to think highly (first impression) of a person who plays or coaches for a crap team..look at warzycha, when he first came to pao everyone thought he would be a flop becasue he came from a small polish team, and now, he is a legend.....im not saying it is right for us to judge a player or coach coming in, but when things are going poorly, thats what people do...

And all Greek fans are good at criticising and judging players/coaches when things arent going right. Afterall, AEK fans managed to get rid of Ntousan.

Shoum has done a good job to date. It took him a slow start which at the time we all demanded solutions right than straight away and we had to wait for the team to slowly find its groove. And with our Mid Season Transfers we should be in an even stronger position.

Credit where credit is due....Shoum deserves some credit!

:tup:

PS: I still cant imagine Shoum bringing home the Protathlima and Markarian couldnt...even if Markarian came half way through the season! But I will love him for it if he does bring it home!

:not: :P

I know this is off-topic but I didn't know where else to post it.

I have tried to watch the goals against AEK on GWF and also the link provided here by Evergren but I can't see them. There is sound and there is a picture but there is no movement. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes Panos, I think you may have to download the latest Divx player.

The free version that http://www.divx.com/divx/ offers should be good.

i think soum is doing a very good job to be honest, and i can see us winning this year under him. the team is getting formed nicely, and though he makes some awful decisions, i feel were getting better and will finally win the derbies vs all the the small teams.... also in regular derbies he hast been so bad... considering the last years were we lost to AEK and OSFP away.

We did a poor showing in Champions League yes. We are still in Europe...only God knows how! But we are one point off the lead...and we are still in the hunt for a Domestic Double so we arent doing too badly! Things arent as grim as we are or perhaps i should say as grim as we made them out to be at the start of the season!

;)

How is that true man? Apart from Kallithea, we haven't won a single game away in Athens.

If we'd finished these games, we'd be on top now, not celebrating us being one point behind.

OSFP has a much easier schedule than we do and if we'd lost that game in Rizoupoli, everything would have been over.

So, no. We're not doing ok. It's just that OSFP hasn't been doing great either.

I aint celebrating us been one point behind OSFP. And I dun think OSFP is celebrating there one point lead either. And yes, it is true that OSFP havent been doin greatly this season which keeps us in the race but considering the circumstances and the way we started the season, we havent done too badly. We havent been great. We prolly just fall short of an average season but we have improved from day 1 and it was from BEFORE day 1 when all of us had it in for PAO. No one gave us a chance at the start of the season now there are fans that think we can do it! Thats wat im trying to say. Now I will give credit to Shoum, some credit bc the other half of the credit goes to OSFP poor showing, for keeping us in the race. Plus, thumbs up to the board for bringing in Gonzales, perhaps they couldve done with another one big name signing but we are on the right path at the moment.

But we are just accustomed to PAO haing a huge run in Europe and challenging more strongly for domestic honours with soundly better players. Thats all. We had a great squad last season and we won nothing. We threw it all away at Rizopoulis. This time we drew at Rizopouli and took 4 points off AEK. So, we arent doing as badly as everyone thought we would. Yes, there is room for improvement, esp from this seasons European Showing, but it would help if we all got behind the team and gave them our support in any form possible. Surely they could use it now on the final stretch home in all competitions. If we create a hostile and firy atmosphere in Athens against Auxerre anyting can happen and with many attacking options at the moment, we could cause quite some damage. And with a lucky draw we could get far again. We are putting together a decent run in the cup and if we maintain a good run in the league all we have left is OSFP in Leoforos (and PAOK away which is tough) but we will drop points, they will drop points. There are injuries to come. For both teams. So anything can happen.

But lets not jump ship at signs of us failing. We are fans and lets not stoop to the level of Original fans and try run the club ourselves. There are others who know better...except for maybe Zaets! lol

PAO had a slow start yes - a horrible one. but then we started forming together and are playing very well. the stuttgart game althought there were 7 minutes of total breakdown- otherwise was a great performance with not any luck. for then it contined on but now we have reached good form - we beat rangers, AEK, we are doing well, and now that our defense is stronger with vyntra, our midfield attacking is better or more diverse with gonzalez too. the only bad signing is Demba because hes very useless- Vazexa is better, Vlaovic is better for backups. we should have gotten Thomaidis or somebody...

Archived