Phantis Forums

Thrynos chasing TSL stars?

GS1905

one of the most respected newspapers of Turkey, SABAH, just wrote that Olympiakos are preparing to make bids for two Turkish Super League players. The name of the players are not disclosed but the news focuses on three players: John Alieu Carew of Besiktas, Ates Necati of Galatasaray and Tekke Fatih of Trabzonspor. Has any Greek paper written anything about these guys and Olympiakos? One thing that drew my attention was that the news was published in SABAH, and not in a stupid Sports paper such as FANATIK or PAS FOTOMAC who are liars of transfer, big time!!!

there have been lots of rumours about carew in greek newspapers, but it seems to be a very difficult transfer since he would cost us about 5 mio ? or more to pay him off from besiktas and he would also want to have a big contract. if kokkalis is ready to spend money again like he did it in 99/00 when he brought giovanni and zahovic it could be possible.

about at necati there has been a rumour once, but since then there were no further comments about him comming to osfp. is he really that good like they say? or is it just a typical balkan exageration?

and about fatih i havent read anything yet.

well, Necati is a good player and a guy who is improving his type of play every day. he looks like a bulky guy but he can accelerate really well when he dribbles with the ball. He scored 15 goals and made 9 assists in the League this season. Of course, he has weaknesses. He needs to work on his finishing easy moves off. He scored two goals from bicycle kicks and three from 30+ metre distance but he missed at least a two dozen of one-on-one chances throughout the season. But he's held in very high regard and PSV officially made a bid for him during the winter transfer season. I actually don't think he will leave Gala for Olympiakos ---no offence--- but Kokkalis may offer him twice the money of his current contract, which is €600k if I am not wrong.

and thanks for your kind clarification. ;)

Archived