Phantis Forums

2005-06 Pre-Season

Ziaka

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great to see Zagorakis back in the PAOK jersey! :box:

Next game is against Palermo on Sunday. Theo Zagorakis asked the coach to paly in this game, even if only for one half. Udese who is njured, and Megahed who is playing with the Egyptian national team will miss Sunday's game.

Ziaka,

How serious is Udese's injury?

Thanks for the info Batigol.

In the last pre-season game on Austrian soil PAOK defeated the national team of Kuwait 1-0.

The goal was scored by Salpiggidis in the 12th minute of the game.

Megahed, Zagorakis, Balafas and Salpiggidis were PAOK's best players.

It was also Feutchine's first game following the contract dispute he had with PAE PAOK.

PAOK line-up:

Guys this is our schedule till we play OSFP and PAO, I don't know about you guys but maybe PAOK should try to set up a few friendly games with clubs from Athens, even with Panionios or even Ionikos it would give them a good feel about travelling to Athens and we would be promoting paok in the south!

Our first game south is OSFP maybe we should plan a bit better next season!

08-AUG-05: PAOK THESSALONIKI - Iraklis Thessaloniki - Friendly - Toumba Stadium - 20:30 GR

11-AUG-05: Panserraikos Serres - PAOK THESSALONIKI - Friendly - Dimotiko Serron

17-AUG-05: PAOK THESSALONIKI - Apollon Kalamaria - Friendly - Toumba Stadium

21-AUG-05: PAOK THESSALONIKI - AEK Athens - Friendly - Toumba Stadium

28-AUG-05: Skoda Xanthi - PAOK THESSALONIKI - Div A - Xanthi -

SEPTEMBER

11-SEP-05: PAOK THESSALONIKI - Atromitos Athens - Div A - Toumba Stadium

15-SEP-05: PAOK THESSALONIKI - ?????????? - UEFA Cup

18-SEP-05: Iraklis Thessaloniki - PAOK THESSALONIKI - Div A - Kaftazoglio Stadium

25-SEP-05: PAOK THESSALONIKI - Aigaleo - Div A - Toumba Stadium

29-SEP-05: PAOK THESSALONIKI - ?????????? - UEFA Cup

OCTOBER

02-OCT-05: PAOK THESSALONIKI - Larisa - Div A - Toumba Stadium

16-OCT-05: Olympiakos Piraeus - PAOK THESSALONIKI - Div A - Karaiskaki Stadium

23-OCT-05: PAOK THESSALONIKI - Ionikos Nikaias - Div A - Toumba Stadium

30-OCT-05: Panathinaikos Athens - PAOK THESSALONIKI - Div A - OAKA

Ziaka,

It sounds like you had a chance to hear or see the game. How did we play, and do overall?

just saw the game.....

PAOK looks a lot better this year.....fast team...

Iraklis also looked good....

the match was well balanced, 1-1 is a fair score...nice atmosphere inside the stadium...both sides got some good passing going and chances...PAOK were the more physical fast and fast break side.....while Iraklis buildups for attack but couldnt go forward as fast....

1st half Epalle was being an ass tackling PAOK players wrecklessly and if this wasnt a friendly he would have been sent off....the referee called halftime 3 mins early because the hostilities and retaliations were getting pretty bad....

big chances for PAOK with Salpigindis and Miecel 2nd half...salpi made an "okkas" with an open net and miecel was just unlucky.... PAOK goal came from Megahed the egyptian from a 35 meter free kick....nice shot but Abaris should have had it...

as for the great Sikabala the papers are raving about......yeah hes pretty talented but its very obvious that hes only 18-19.....he has pretty bad temper and plays a bit arrognat.....he is fast and can dribble and pass but is too eager to do impractical tricks like his takounakia he did at least 5 or 6 in the game and only one of them was a completed pass...very annoying

hes good but he needs to mature a bit with his game and attitude...megahed was also a psycho......and isnt Akyel supposed to be one too? Zagorakis and Salpigindis have to keep the team disciplined or it will be a long season for PAOK...

for Iraklis they look good too....Prittas is a great player and he had beautiful goal..if kapetanos can learn to shoot better he will be going abroad for sure......his little brother is also a really promising player, as is lagos, murati, papapostolou.....

I tried to watch the game via internet, but receptionwas very bad and i ended up just listening to it. I taped the game, and will watch it later tonight.

From what the announcers said both teams played very good in the first half. Salpiggidis missed a great chance buy hitting the crossbar. In the second half both coaches made many changes and the pace of the game changed.

I'll get a better feel after I watch the game tonight.

Posted Image

Thanks drakos13 for your review on the game. Ziaka, looking forward to your thoghts as well.

I watched a tape of the game and must say that Iraklis overall is more prepared than PAOK at this stage. PAOK lacked the overall team coordination in my opinion. Hopefully by the time the season starts the team will be ready.

I was pleasantly suprised by Charalambous who had a very good game. Megahed was also good. Akiel was decent and did not make any mistakes. I was disappointed in Karypidis.

As for zagorakis, it is evident that he is not in top form yet. Shikabala showed flashes of greatness, but still needs a lot of work. He might have played in wrong position though. I wish Karageorgiou would put him in the position that he used Maladenis yesterday. Ekgomitis also played a decent game. Balafas showed that he could become a good player, but also needs some work. As for offense, Karageorgiou used only one strictly offensive player yesterday and it was Salpiggidis. I am kind of suprised in this, specially in ahome game. I would have like to see him use the salpiggidis, Mieciel due on offense.

The above observatins are mostly for the first half, since in the second half there were many substitutions.

Thanks for those observations Ziaka.

So is the next big pre season game going to be on the 20th against AEK then? Nothing in between?

As for Zagorakis, I'm somewhat surprised that he's not in full game shape given that he's on the national squad and they do have an upcoming game soon. In any event, he'll be ready later on and in all honesty, I don't expect Zagorakis to play 90 min each game. I would expect 20-35 min a game.

Archived