Phantis Forums

Please help!

I know this is a little off subject, however I need driving directions from the international airport in Spata to Argos Orestiko (Kastoria). The last time I drove was back in 2000-2001 and now since the Olympics I hear their are new roads and I cannot find a updated map in the States or internet.

Please let me know the quickest way.

Thanks,

Hrupista (yiorgos)

O.K. first make sure you have an international license

Take Attiki odos, to Ethniki odos (Pros Thessaloniki))and the rest of the roads have not been changed as of yet.

I can't tell if it's better to go Athens-Larisa-Tirnavou-Kozani or Athens-Veria-and the rest.

Your best bet would be a (Waldons) large book stores in the travel section.

And if it ends up being a big deal, just fly to Kastoria.

I'm from Sparti, my wife is from Alexandroupolis! Attiki-Evros flight is about 45 minutes. Laconia-Evros driving is ... I think 16 hours?

Good luck

Kali anastasy.

Thanks. I guess I will drive to around Lamia and head NW there going through Kalambaka, Meteora, and Siatista.....it will be an adventure I'm sure.......

I should fly but I have my wife and child and it just seems the drive might do us some good.

Kali anastasy

Hrupista, I took this drive last summer, but the other way around. From Grevena to Kalabaka, stop at Meteora for few hours, and then drive to Athens by way of Lamia. Not as bad as I thought it would be. And it was me, the wife, two kids, and the grandma!!!

Archived