Phantis Forums

Turkish Teams In European Competitions

2 teams spotted cl from Turkey Super league. I don't think for the Trabzonspor in cl. I think Trabzonspor end of the third position of the Super League standing. If Trabzonspor spotted to cl, eleminated in the qualifying round. febe team is always accustomed earn "0" zero point in cl :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

as to stick to the topic;

next season we will be represented by only four teams in European Competitions.

The League winner and Runner-Up will start from the Prem.s of CL. If any other team than Liverpool wins the CL, our champion will directly enter the CL competition Group Stage. But at both situations, our runner-up will have to play two qualifications to go thru to group stages.

The third-placed team in the League will qualify for the UEFA CUP and the cup winner will join them.

any questions???

• 2 months later...

Fenerbahce - Strait to CL Groups

Trabzonspor - CL Second Preliminary (plays with either Dynamo Minsk or Apoel Lefkosa)

Galatasaray - UEFA Cup First Round

Besiktas - UEFA Cup First Round

Ankaraspor - Inter-Toto Tournamnet

Trabzonspor - CL Second Preliminary (plays with either Dynamo Minsk or Apoel Lefkosa)

actually that is wrong they play Minsk or Anorthosis Famagusta.......who is originally from the occupied side.....what a hostile match that would be....

• 3 weeks later...

Manny...

In case you havent noticed this is a greek sports foroum, so any greek can come in and ask whahtever he wants, whenever he wants even if he hates turks,turkey, horses and fools, mousaka or sony tvs.

Whats so funny bout PAO being in the CL? i think its more funnies that BJK conceded 6 goals by Leeds in CL once, dont u agree?

as for Trabzonspor, my home team, they will for sure make the CL groups.

Trabzonspor will play Anorthosi in the Champions League second qualifying round. I think in terms of sports, it will be an easy round for Trabzonspor but at both legs both teams will try to create havoc situations for the away team. The only thing that worries me is that the first leg be played at KRK. But I'm pretty sure Trabzonspor will go past them easily.

• 1 month later...

Today sees the First Round Draw of the UEFA Cup and our representatives Galatasaray and Besiktas are seeded for the draw. It's most likely that our teams will play with teams from minor European countries. I would love Galatasaray to get paired with Anorthosi just to show Trabzonspor how to eliminate minor teams from Europe...

Anorthosi for Galatasaray, come on UEFA!!! :LOL:

Besiktas JK will meet with any of the following teams in the UEFA Cup First Round.

Litex Lovech of Bulgaria

Aris of Greece

Petach-Tikva of Israel

Banik Ostrava of Czech Republic

Malmo FF of Sweden

Galatasaray will be paired with any of the following teams in the UEFA Cup First Round.

Groclin Grodzisk of Poland

Zenit Peterburg of Russia

Tromso IL of Norway

Lokomotiv Plovdiv of Bulgaria

Debreceni of Hungary

When you compare the opponents of Besiktas and Galatasaray, the strongest of all seem to be Zenit, a big spending Russian team. I really hope Galatasaray can avoid them because we can run into trouble with Russian (bad weather, long distance travel...etc). The team I would like to pick up from the group is Tromso. The weather in Norway won't be helping either but they're the weakest team in our group. As for BJK, I think they will not find life easy with Banik Ostrava or Malmo. Aris or Litex could be an ideal pick for Besiktas.

The draw is in fifteen minnutes time...

it seems that the old friends will meet again...

Besiktas JK v Malmo FF...

but this time Besiktas are the clear favourites...

around ten or fifteen years ago both sides met and it was Malmo who progressed through...

waiting for my team's draw...

well, strange as it gets but it's Tromso v Galatasaray...

a very good draw for us and I think we'll be safely through to the group stage...

• 1 month later...
Guest Protathlitis

1st leg 0-1 Malmo

2nd leg 1-4 Besiktas :tup:

Posted Image

4-2 on Agg.

I wouldent be over the moon about it. who is malmo anyway?

with Greek coefficients suffering this season im just glad that at least Turkey is one country doing worse :LOL: :LOL:

Archived