Phantis Forums

Who will drop?

Ziaka

With 5 rounds left, a look at the standings shows that 5 team will do battle to remain in the A' Ethniki. This assumes that Kerkyra has no chance, and is allready in B' Ethniki.

Here are the standings and the remaining games for each team:

11. OFI - 28 points

at PAOK

AEk

Xanthi

at Ionikos

Panathinaikos

12. Ionikos - 27 points

at Chalkydona

PAOK

at AEK

OFI

Xanthi

13. Aris - 24 points

at Aigaleo

Kerkyra

at Panionios

Iraklis

at kallithea

14. Kalamaria - 24 points

Olympiakos

Ergotelis

at Chalkydona

PAOK

at AEK

15. Ergotelis - 19 points

Panathinaikos

at Kalamaria

at Aigaleo

Kerkyra

at Panionios

Who do you think will be the 2 teams that will go down together with Kerkyra?

slick13, you are a sloppy reader!Ziaka said "which 2 teams will go down along with Kerkyra"..

My opinion is that Kalamaria has a very difficult schedule, and the only point they might get is against Ergotelis but I dont really believe they will do so.

OFI I think will be the other team to follow, because they also have a difficult schedule.Maybe OFI, because of having a "hstory" in A' Division,will get the few points he need to stay, but it is doubtfull...

which means:

14.OFI

15.Kalamaria

16.Kerkyra

Well Round 27 cleared up few things. For one, it has produced the 2nd team that will drop to B' Ethniki. Ergotelis will follow Kerkyra down to the lower division. They are still mathematically not out, bout they would have to win all their games, and Kalamaria and/or Aris would have to lose all their games.

With that in mind let's take a look at the remaining games. I have added Neos Panionios to the list of teams that are flirting with relegation:

10. Neos Panionios - 31 points

Aris

at Olympiakos

Ergotelis

11. Ionikos - 31 points

at AEK

OFI

Xanthi

12. OFI - 28 points

Xanthi

at Ionikos

Panathinaikos

13. Aris - 27 points

at Panionios

Iraklis

at kallithea

14. Kalamaria - 27 points

at Chalkydona

PAOK

at AEK

Its between OFI and Kalamaria, because they have the hardest teams to play... i'll say Kalamaria, cos both teams will lose every game, so that means Kalamaria will go down.

If two teams draw on points, does it go to goal difference, or a play-off match to decide relegation? cos that play-off match would be fantastic

the bottom 2 teams get automatically dropped down and the third one plays a playoff to stay on correct???

if i am not please tell me hwo it goes

No play-offs this season. Last 3 teams drop directly. Also if teams are tied on points, it is the record between the teams involved. In this case I think OFI loses to both Aris and Kalamaria if they re tied. I think it will be Kalamaria taht will drop unfortunately.

Panionios play their last game v. Ergotelis who will have been relegated by that time. They are not in danger even with their poor recent form.

Ionikos have two home games and should come away with 1 or 2 points. They should not be relegated.

I'd say...

Apollon evens

OFI 6/4

Aris 10/1

for the drop

• 2 weeks later...

After Round 28, things in the relegation zone have not cleared up. if anything they got more complex. As it stands 35 points should be enough to stay in the A' Division. For this reason, Kallithea has to be added to the teams still in the dangerous zone. In the end it might come out to tie-breaking rules.

9. Kallithea - 34 points

at Skoda Xanthi

Aris

10. Neos Panionios - 32points

at Olympiakos

Ergotelis

11. Ionikos - 31 points

OFI

Xanthi

12. OFI - 31 points

at Ionikos

Panathinaikos

13. Kalamaria - 30 points

PAOK

at AEK

14. Aris - 28 points

Iraklis

at kallithea

I am not so sure. On paper Kalamaria has tough games, but PAOK has nothing to play for and they might actually use 2nd string players in that game. Also in the last round AEK might not have anything to play for. Kalamaria has a decent team and they are capapble of beating PAOK. The did beat AEK after all.

I think OFI are in a tough position. If they don't get a result at at Ionikos, they might have to get points from Panathinaikos in last round to stay in top division.

9. Kallithea - 34 points

at Skoda Xanthi 1X

Aris 2

=======>34-35 points

10. Ionikos - 34 points

OFI 1X

Xanthi X1

========>36-40 points

11. Neos Panionios - 32points

at Olympiakos 1

Ergotelis 1

=======>35 points

12. OFI - 31 points

at Ionikos X1

Panathinaikos X2

=======>31-33points

13. Kalamaria - 30 points

PAOK 1

at AEK 1

=======>33 points

14. Aris - 28 points

Iraklis X1

at kallithea 2

========>32-33 points

which means that most probable to go down is OFI then Aris and then Kalamaria

dont write off Kalamaria....i dont think they will lose to PAOK.......and could make a surpise at AEK.

Aris has Iraklis who is very very tough at the moment.....

Kallithea will battle.... not at all a sure win for Aris. Kallithea are a frustrating team at home. actually only AEK, PAO,Ksanthi and Kerkyra (at the beginning of the season) have managed to win in El Paso this season.

i see Kalamarias playing the playoff round

Aris will play Iraklis tough b/c that is a rivalry game and even though Iraklis playing well i can see Aris gettting a draw

Aris relegation will be depended upon the game v Kallithea

i see them winning that game

out of curiosity will if ARIS gets relegated and if the lose in the Greek cup to Olympiakos but Olympiakos qualifies for C.L. doesn't that make Aris available for Uefa cup play ????

There is no play-off round. the team in 14th place goes to B' Ethniki.

Yes, if OSFP goes to CL and beats Aris in the cup final, Aris will play in UEFA Cup. Aris will play in the UEFA Cup if they win the cup and it won't matter what Olympiakos does. So there is a strong possibility that Aris will play in the UEFA Cup as a B' Division team.

• 2 months later...

petethegreek, that's not official. For that to happen, FIFA has to agree and make EPO enforce their decision. After that Panionios will have a chance to appeal. This issue will take a long time to be resolved.

Aris should just play the year in B' Ethniki.......they had a tough year last year, and have only themselves to blame. On the bright side, they are in the Uefa Cup this upcoming season.....Just let the young players get a year of experience, and the team will be strong for the 06-07 season

Archived