Phantis Forums

Greece and the Confederations Cup

If Greece beats Mexico or Brazil and they win the Confederations Cup will they be more availible to watch here in the U.S.?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. If Greece beats Mexico or Brazil and they win the Confederations Cup will they be more availible to watch here in the U.S.?

• Yes
    • NO
    • They will think of Greece as a soccer powerhouse.

I Think if greece wins the confederations cup then we will be more recognized. well....we won the euro2004 and we still cant get any games here in the US(PPV) maybe by winning the CONF CUP more people might want see us play here in the U.S. I personally think that if we win the Confederations Cup we will be on PPV, FSC, GOL TV, TELEMUNDO, etc. more often in the future.

The Confederations Cup might seem like a waste of time to some people but its a time where we can see our NT in action. Remember.....Those are matches and are important. Even if Brazil doesnt bring their major stars....we still get to watch our NT in action.

The Confederation Cup will be available to watch in USA as well as all over the world with one way or the other. Teams of that magnitude won't be neglected. I am 100% all the games will be live in the USA via FSC, GoalTV, or PPV if ESPN won't pick up the games. If worse comes to worse ESPN Asia (China, Korea etc) will DEFINATELY have the games live and there are EXCELLENT multiple feeds (never buffer and our Asian friends restream like crazy!) of these channels in the web. Greece needs to prove one more time that is the European Champions indeed.

Sad to say my friend but in general soccer is not getting the respect as it should here in the US. With MLS starting its 10th season this weekend, there's no hype there's nothing that's attracting the public to see these games. For anyone that lives here in the US.... they know how the attendance ratings are and it is sad. So in my eyes SHOULD the Greek team be televised HELL YEAH they should because they are the European Champs. Have they been televised??? HELL NO. Instead Fox Sports Channel Showed the 2 teams that Hellas beat in the championships this summer (Spain & France) And if I might say both games were sad....

To make a long story short, I voted for no but of-course I would love to see our team in the spot light more often..

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

I think Ziaka mentioned a long while ago that Spanish TV netowrk Univision picked up the US rights for the Confed Cup. I think most of us pick up a 1 (a main/regional) Univision network but they also own Galavision, which is used as a 'auxillary' channel of sorts (which I don't get :( , they usually have a good bit of Mexican League on weekend :angry: ). I highly doubt anyone has Galavision (or multiple Univisions (regional or otherwise) unless you have a cable or sat package with a Latino package and/or other sort of add-on. Spiro does make a good point about webstreaming, let's just hope we in the USA don't have to resort to that!

Assuming this is correct, let's just hope Univision dosen't short-change us as FSC and Setanta have with our NT coverage. :unsure: :gr: :gr:

Evalagoal, I think it came down to who had the rights to what teams and how cheaply they could obtain them. I don't think Setanta owns the rights to most North American Qualifers for every team. Oh well, it's still shitty they couldn't obtain the rights for greek teams, even the crappy games (v. K-stan and Georgia) would've been a real treat for us omogeni in the USA (and Canada).

Sad to say my friend but in general soccer is not getting the respect as it should here in the US. With MLS starting its 10th season this weekend, there's no hype there's nothing that's attracting the public to see these games. For anyone that lives here in the US.... they know how the attendance ratings are and it is sad. So in my eyes SHOULD the Greek team be televised HELL YEAH they should because they are the European Champs. Have they been televised??? HELL NO. Instead Fox Sports Channel Showed the 2 teams that Hellas beat in the championships this summer (Spain & France) And if I might say both games were sad....

To make a long story short, I voted for no but of-course I would love to see our team in the spot light more often..

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

The olny way Greece will be televised if they win the World CUp.

Then US citizens might want to see more soccer action....hopefully

SOCCER:defenitionin the U.S.: a sport where you use your feet to kick a round ball.

thats not true. What do you mean by show Greece exactly? Dude theyre not going to show a game Greece vs Kazakstan or Albania on tv......Greece is a big team but playing against little teams why would they bother showing? Also as far as i know WC qualifyers of ALL european teams are not on tv except for PPV/Setanta.......

Greece is an established team and i think USA could recognize it more but they still do recognize it. The reason why in the USA maybe its not paid enough attention too is because we lack the Superstars that are all over cameras and tv and shoe ads. Im not saying we dont have stars or players among the best in the world because we defintily have some of the best and amazing players, just that they arent on big flashy clubs posters and ads.

America likes David Beckhams and Cristiano Ronaldos, classless players garbage who are lazy and soak in more media then they work but occasionaly do something cool for the cameras. Lets hope Greek players NEVER act like that and if it means less atention so be it im happier with CUPS instead of cameras and crazy japanese/north american bandwagoners!

thats not true. What do you mean by show Greece exactly? Dude theyre not going to show a game Greece vs Kazakstan or Albania on tv......Greece is a big team but playing against little teams why would they bother showing? Also as far as i know WC qualifyers of ALL european teams are not on tv except for PPV/Setanta.......

Greece is an established team and i think USA could recognize it more but they still do recognize it. The reason why in the USA maybe its not paid enough attention too is because we lack the Superstars that are all over cameras and tv and shoe ads. Im not saying we dont have stars or players among the best in the world because we defintily have some of the best and amazing players, just that they arent on big flashy clubs posters and ads.

America likes David Beckhams and Cristiano Ronaldos, classless players garbage who are lazy and soak in more media then they work but occasionaly do something cool for the cameras. Lets hope Greek players NEVER act like that and if it means less atention so be it im happier with CUPS instead of cameras and crazy japanese/north american bandwagoners!

By Greece I mean out National Soccer team.

Here in the U.S. the English NT has almost all of their games brodcasted by either PPV or FSC. Knowing that there are many Greeks here in the U.S. we Greeks should be able to be like England and have our games brodcasted. We are a extremely strong team but we havent recieved any recognition. Our NT is olny availible to be seen in the PUBS. THat should change but I guess i am not the boss of that. :rolleyes:

thats not true. What do you mean by show Greece exactly? Dude theyre not going to show a game Greece vs Kazakstan or Albania on tv......Greece is a big team but playing against little teams why would they bother showing?

I figured if Fox Soccer Channel could get some games from other nations involving "big (us) versus little (K-stan, Albania)" why they couldn't get some of our games annoys and fustrates me. I figure if FSC made a decent offer for our "easier" games, why wouldn't setanta sell them the rights, if they didn't think they could make enough $$ from the bars ordering the game. I figured mabye if they (FSC) could experiment with these games (granted, their bad games to expierment with) and get decent ratings, they may be able to pick up out rights for the rest of (and possibly future) qualifiers and other games. I mean they (FSC) had the following "popular" matchups when they bought the rights to their set of qualifiers:

Romania vs. Andorra

Lithuania vs. Belgium

Austria vs. Northern Ireland

Belarus vs. Norway

Oh well, I see your point, but mabye I had too much wishful thinking going for me. :la:

Archived