Phantis Forums

PAOK gets Shikabala

Ziaka

The FIFA decision on Sikabala is that he belongs to PAOK. As a result of the decision, the player will have to compensate his old team Zamalek.

Here is the FIFA decision:

- Sikabala is a free agent

- PAOK does not have to pay any compensation to Zamalek

- Sikabala is ordered to pay Zamalek 180,000 Euro within one month.

- PAOK can make the payment for Sikabala, but it can deduct the amount from the player's salary.

- Sikabala is also banned for 4 months from playing in a competitive game.

Good question...if he belongs to PAOK, then how is it he's a free agent at the same time?

I'm curious to see how this money issue plays out as well. Given the fact that PAOK's vast economical resources are a figment of an ownership group's imagination....I would be surprised to see them pay the fee for this kid.

On the upside...if there can be one...is that we won't see this kid until September. But from what I've heard of this one, he's one to wait for. I think he'll do well.

Maybe free agent wasn't the exact wording by FIFA. From what I understoood in the announcement on Extra Sport they said that he is basically free from Zamalek as long as he pays the 180K. Basically what Sikabala did was sign a contract with PAOK, when he was under an amateur contract with Zamalek. Once Zamalek officials got a wind what he did they made him sign a proffesional contract with them as well. In this case FIFA is punishing the player with the 180K fine and 4-month ban, and basically confirms that his contract with PAOk is the valid one. Now the question is who will pay the 180K to Zamalek within one month. I am sure the player does not have that kind of cash. PAOk will have to pay it if thay want the player.

The other question is when does his 4-month ban start. If it is from march 11, when FIFA made the decision, he will be available in July 2005.

Additional information surfacing is that the Sikabala had signed two contracts. One with PAOK on January 7, 2005, which would pay him around 200K Euro/Year. The second contract was with Zamalek, which was signed by his brother (!!!), with a salary of 10K per season (!!!).

The other thing is that it is likely that the 4-month ban will be in effect from the date when he signed a contract with PAOK (January 7), which means he should be available for action in May 2005.

• 3 weeks later...

According to news reports Sikabala is expected in Thessaloniki. Still no reports if PAOK has paid the 180K Euro fine that FIFA slapped the player with. I believe that this has to be done by April 24th.

Shikabala arrived in Thessaloniki and took part in PAOK's practice.

He will remain in Thessaloniki until Sunday, and will watch the game against OFI. Following this he will travel to UAE with the Egyptian yout NT, which will take part in a friendly tournament there. In May he will play with the Egyptian NT in the FIFA World Cup Youth Championships in Holland.

Anybody know about this guy? Is he really good?

It seems like he's getting a lot of good press eh?

From what I've heard he's a player with a lot of upside and potential. Mind you, he's still a kid so who is to say. If he was so good, it makes you wonder how a player with so much skill could be overlooked for such a long time and PAOK were able to pick him up on the cheap. Then again, he could be that rare gem that PAOK occasionally finds. They do have a knack for it every so often.

I hope he works out.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe today was the day that Zamalek was supposed to receive the 180K Euro payment from Shikabala/PAOK. I very much doubt if that happened. The player does not have the money to pay this fine. PAOk was supposed to pay it for him and then deduct it from his salary. However PAOK does not have money either, so let's see what happens.

Ziaka,

Since PAOK haven't made the payment, does it now mean that Shikabala is now free to sign with whoever he wants to? Is it possible that he could sign with Zamalek again? Or does he simply revert back to being their possession?

I don't know for sure. I think there was a provision made by FIFA that if the payment is late the payee would have to pay some kind of interest as time goes by. The longer they wait, the more thay would have to pay. However I don't if there was some kind of cut out date.

if shikalaba is really good and paok don't get a hold of him ill be very dissapointed. i believe that shikalaba will probly want to come to paok because of megahead being there, the money and because paok is a way bigger club.

i really hope we get him...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nick_08

if shikalaba is really good and paok don't get a hold of him ill be very dissapointed. i believe that shikalaba will probly want to come to paok because of megahead being there, the money and because paok is a way bigger club.

i really hope we get him...

WHO WOULDNT BE HAPPY :tup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello James, and welcome to the forums.

As it stands Shikabala is a PAOK player. The team however did not pay Zamalek the 180K though, and Zamalek is asking through FIFA either for the money or the players return. The money was supposed to be paid top Zamalek last month, but have not done so yet. There is a clause by FIFA that with every delay PAOK will have to pay extra interest to Zamalek.

Actually PAOK does not owe Zamalek the money. It is Shikabala that has to pay the 180K to Zamalek. However PAOK has made an agreement with Shikabala that PAOK will pay Zamalek, but then will deduct 50% of the money from Shikabala's contract.

Archived