Phantis Forums

Nery Alberto Castillo

Guest ElGreco12

Guest Protathlitis

what about him?

hes some interesting things I know about him:

Man untd originally tried to bring him into their youth system but he failed to get a work permit. He was recruited by Olympiakos from Uruguay at the age of 16 and hardly played any football until last year

He played his first good game against juve at home and so he started to get more playing time. He scored two more goals in CL against sociadad and galatasaray. he scored a few goals in the Greek league but towards the end of last year his form dropped

He hasnt done that much this year either only getting a couple of goals

He is extremely fast and can dribble pretty well. sometimes he tries to do to much but he still has a good future ahead of him. and he can finish pretty well as well

I would add that his main problem is not talent nor speed. It's his unprofessionalism: conflicts with the coach, the referees and the opponent players, inconsistent performances etc.

The guy has a lot of talent but my prediction is that he will end up in trash like Oforiquaye...

he is very talented but since he is adored by all the fans his mind got somehow a twist and he thinks he can do whatever he wants.

it is not just his fault that he lacks professionalism. he got spoilt with all this "to agapimeno paidi mas"-crap and that nobody watched his development carefully. if they start controlling him and i think he could become a good player for us in the future. things might also change after giovanni leaving since he wont have his big brother watching and protecting him.

Archived