Phantis Forums

our players need to learn about tackling

dipapa

It is true that we have vastly improved our defensive abilities this year but our players still don't apply tackling properly, in the contexts of both timing and technique. They were never good in that aspect but this year they have to show some signs of improvement. This is critical for Kostoulas but it isn't limited only to him.

Timing: you don't go for a full speed tackling against a fast opponent, when there is no one to cover you. It's stupid because you leave your defensive system with a dangerous hole.

Technique : someone must tell them that those killer tacklings with both two feet are unfair play and dangerous for attracting yellow cards. We got 5 yellows today and we don't have the neccessary depth in our defensive lineup (after the many injuries).

What do you think?

I heard the match on the radio but there were some disturbances, so Please tell me

(and it is in accordance of what Dipapa said)

Who is the "briliant" player who provoced the penalty and we lost 2 points??

It is happening way too often

We have a victory in our hands (or legs) and than kick yhe bucket

It is frustrating

It is not sofisticated and does not fit a team with aspirations to championship and Europe

I believe that sometimes the referrees are to blame but not always

Other things

After the match I looked again in the list of scorers

Luciano 12 and okkas 2

The one who scored the penalty (forgot his name) 9

what about our scorers??

How many certain goals we missed today toward the end??

The radio said it could and ought to be 3:1

Please tell me what happened

And also who gave the assist for the goal

Thank you

In Brazil if a player get red card and the club thinks he acted unresponsably and damaged the club they fine him or/and bench him further than his suspension

maybe they have to think about it here

The problem is that we do not have a sufficient bench

Maybe I am all wrong, please react

(ANd I do not mean PAO fans)

Luz I dont know about Oly's takling defficiencies cause i don't watch your team enough but to answer your questions about the game.

Djiordjevic gave the assist (and a nice one) for the Okkas goal .

Nikopolidis caused the penalty by fumbling with a fairly easy ball then taking the feet of an AEK player (who fell properly to help the ref call it).

Katsouranis scored it.

Giovanni missed two classic chances to widen the score, the types of chances that shouldnt be missed.. Oly could have won today by a fairly wide margin if their attackers had better aim/luck.

Guest Protathlitis

I dont know about that maybe some of the players but Anatolakis, Kostoulas, Stoltidis are some of the best taklers in Greece

kostoulas will be a good player...stoltidis can tackle very well but i dont cpmpletely agree wth anatolakis....alot of times he looks terrible at takling,..granted he has been pretty good this season...he looks like he is missing the little extra to make him a good taclker...

That 'extra' is his youth. He has been great this season, but the matches have taken a toll obviously.

I think our tackling is spot on for the most part, Shurrer has been making some clumsy tackles as of late though (paok,aek,etc). Pantos and Venetidis are the ones that should be reading tackling 101 though.

Stoltidis is just amazing.

Guest Protathlitis

kostoulas will be a good player...stoltidis can tackle very well but i dont cpmpletely agree wth anatolakis....alot of times he looks terrible at takling,..granted he has been pretty good this season...he looks like he is missing the little extra to make him a good taclker...

I think in other years Id be lying but this year he has been the best defender in Greece in my opinion. his tackling has been incredible. against Aek he was our best player apart from Djole because every single time he seemed to be there to make the challenge

:nw: ANATOLAKIS :nw:

Technique : someone must tell them that those killer tacklings with both two feet are unfair play and dangerous for attracting yellow cards. We got 5 yellows today and we don't have the neccessary depth in our defensive lineup (after the many injuries).

Can someone please direct GEORGATOS to this! He is guilty of those KILLER tackles more than once!

As for Giovanni missing those two classic chances....as meinie GIA PANTA STO LIMANI :nw:

fellow members, please don't take it so easy. I think we do have a problem here. Not only Pantos, Venetidis and (lately) Schurrer are doing bad tackling (as Vasilios noted) but Kostoulas is responsible for his 2nd red card against Newcastle (I agree that the ref shouldn't be so harsh against him, a warning would suffice in that case) but he also did some very bad tackles in the game vs AEK. I know his tackles against Sochaux saved our asses that day but I think he was lucky a bit.

Georgatos is also quite clumsy wrt tackling, he missed a lot vs Sochaux.

Anatolakis has been vastly improved this year. Admittedly, when he dives with both feet he is able to break the legs of an elephant and I don't like that. Nevertheless is the most efficient of our tacklers right now.

I am mostly concerned with the timing issue. It is too stupid to leave a hole in your defence by falling on the ground. If you aren't so sure, be sure that at least you're covered. If not, refrain from tackling and keep annoying your opponent. In greek league games, it's highly doubtful that the offensive player is able to withstand a close following for long.

We can't afford so many yellow cards (5 against AEK, most from bad fouls). I don't follow other teams closely but this is an old issue for Oly.

Guest Protathlitis

As for Giovanni missing those two classic chances....as meinie GIA PANTA STO LIMANI :nw:

hes obviously passed his best but the last person I would think would want Giovanni to stay in the greek league is a vazelo

pao is Gio's no 1 customer

Archived