Phantis Forums

Efthimiadis at Leoforo?

Huh, OK I got it... They were speaking about the Iraklis game huh? I thought it was for the Derby....

Anyway I absolutely hate the guy I think his face tells everything, the guy is full of Irony and a simple scum-bag that uses the sport to get rich... I wander what KED does... Several times he has been reported as a "Dangerous Referee" through various newspapers and not only the PAO press...

Huh, OK I got it... They were speaking about the Iraklis game huh? I thought it was for the Derby....

Anyway I absolutely hate the guy I think his face tells everything, the guy is full of Irony and a simple scum-bag that uses the sport to get rich... I wander what KED does... Several times he has been reported as a "Dangerous Referee" through various newspapers and not only the PAO press...

so can we get an explanation as to y he is still refereeing

y isnt he fired?

If i was that mo.nopa.do i woudlnt show my face at leoforos after the belting he copped. If he is to referee this game i would strongly suggest he wears a stackhat helmet, cause those green maniacs from 13 have still not forgotten his artwork display back in 2002.

remember of the game in question that efthimiadis got belted, in many forums his address was posted all over the web. And the following yr, when he got demoted to b ethniki,,he was smashed up pretty bad in many games. I dont feel sorry for him,,,i actually feel sorry for the people that live with him,,who reziliftike their surname.

I'm relatively new to really following Greek soccer (since October)...so could anyone explain to me what happened with this guy and why is he so hated. My understanding from this topic is he really screwed PAO over in reffing a game (intentional or otherwise) and cost them something huge (greek title/cup), and got subsquently punished by the Ethiniki A authorities and PAO's diehard fans (threw and hit him w/ projectile). Details and clarification would be greatly appreciated.

I'm relatively new to really following Greek soccer (since October)...so could anyone explain to me what happened with this guy and why is he so hated. My understanding from this topic is he really screwed PAO over in reffing a game (intentional or otherwise) and cost them something huge (greek title/cup), and got subsquently punished by the Ethiniki A authorities and PAO's diehard fans (threw and hit him w/ projectile). Details and clarification would be greatly appreciated.

It was PAO vs gavro at Leoforos. PAO were 1-0 up and were the better team in the match. But this referee stopped PAO attacks so many times with nonexistent fouls and offside it was incredible. Then in the last minute he gave Oly a penalty and the match finished 1-1. Ok, the penalty was the correct decision because Mixali fouled in the box but that gave him the alothi to change the result. The impression was that he was doing his best to stop PAO and push Oly. It was there for all to see.

At the final whistle he was beaten and was really lucky he didn't come out worse than he did.

My memory is fading but other PAO fans here can tell you more about the math in question.

i was in leoforos when it happened. (my first and only pao-osfp match so far :( )

his decisions were really bad. but i dont want to start this discussion again.

when the match finished he got threatend by nearly all pao people in the stadium. even the ex-pao president filipidis told him to better leave the stadium if he wants to stay alive.

normally a group of police men is responsible for the refs security after such a match, but there were just a few securtity guys there (which are also supposed ti have kicked him while pretending to guard him). additional to that, a door in front of the seats of the hardcore pao fans wasnt closed and they could get on to the field without any problems. so after the match finished they entered the field and started attacking him. on guy hit him about 10 times while pretending to be a security.

finally he got into the changing rooms and waited for the ambulance to come. when it arrived the pao fans attacked that too and tore it apart so that they couldnt pick him up. also a truck outside the stadium was burned down.

the match finished at about 9 o'clock and we got out at about 23.30. efthimiadis got picked up an hour later by the ambulance.

filipidis the started complaining in the media about the championship should be stopped and that it is ridiculous.

was quite an adventure for someone being used to swiss standards. :D

CH-Thrylos, where you ate gate 7 in this match? I really feel sorry for you man, you came to see football and instead you saw the Greek reality....

As far as I can remember the game was quite bad... Olympiakos was non-existant while PAO attacked a bit more but without playing any quality football... Around the 60th minute after a great run by Karagounis, the score opens 1-0 for the Greens...

After that I don't know what happened... Efthimiadis was giving fouls the wrong way around, I remember Kolka being on counter-attack on the left when an Olympiakos player gone to him with a clear elbow... Not only he wasn't given a card, but a free kick was awarded in favour of OLYMPIAKOS!!! :o

Then I remember all sorts of non-existent fouls were given outside PAOs area box and the 90th minute penalty was a fact... Of course the penalty WAS a penalty but until the moment of the non-existant fouls outside the PAO box, olympiakos was unable to threaten PAO's defence...

Anyway after the end of the match I remember Goumas speaking to the guy, and then Efthymiadis had a big Ironic smile on his face and was telling Goumas to go away... And then we all know what happened as CH-Thrylos has put it... This is exactly what happened...

The media war continued for a week after the match, the legendary "tapes" of Tryantafyllopoulos were released and Efthymiadis was withdrawn from the A division boards...

Fillipidis and Markarian were accused of hitting the ref (when they didn't even touch him, you could clearly see it on video) and also PAO was banned for 4 matches closed doors!!!

Anyway I don't want to remember that night, but it was that night that I have realised that we cannot always blame the fans for violence... There are people who pay money to see a descent football match, while these Alites (referees) are getting their pay by ruining the sport... This night belongs 100% to Efthymiadis, the starrers of the show wasn't the footballers, nor the sport, nor the fans, but a simple Alitirios who decided that he can cheat in order to get rich!!! I honestly still after 3 years feel that he deserved everything that happened to him 100%!!!!

He should decline the assignment. Pure and simple.

Or better yet, he should drop out of being a referee. Morons like this guy don't help the sport in Greece. He can, as he's demonstrated before, only bring it into disrepute.

Don't you get it guys yet. There bringing us this ref, so we can abuse him all thru the game and get ourselfs banned from the game with olympiakos.

This alitishould never been allowed to ref any game in leoforo, but its all planned by kokkalis incorporated.

They are looking for an excuse to banned supporters in remaining fixtures at home. You think we will not get in trouble when everyone abuses mitso thru out the whole game.....

Just as the diokisi declined to request tickets for away games because they

feared crowd trouble they should do something similar with this game.

By this I don't mean deterring supporters from going to the game.

Rather they should make public comments warning fans not to show any animosity towards the ref and any such feelings should be channelled in a positive way by supporting the team wholeheartedly with chants of pro-PAO songs.

Afou we know we have a bad history with this voidi why jeopardise it and

add fuel to the fire ?

Kalitera na pane oi filathloi kai na panigirisoun to paixnidi pou mas dinei

prosonta na eimaste kathari protoi me mia kali niki.

PANTA GERA PANATHA !!!

I agree with you guys... We should contain ourselves no matter what... I think they are waiting for us with open arms when it comes to punishments... And the derby is near!!! I think they have done so that we get punished and play with no fans against the geys!!!

So we have to control our selves!!!!

I will be at gate 8!!!

The media war continued for a week after the match, the legendary "tapes" of Tryantafyllopoulos were released and Efthymiadis was withdrawn from the A division boards...

What happened? Im not actually clear on the events that happened during the week after the game..

Is ittrue that in the tunnel before the game he was heard saying to us tha sas gamiso apopse?

Archived