Phantis Forums

Setanta Sports USA

• 2 weeks later...

It's official:

On April 26, 2005 at 6.00 a.m. E.T., Setanta Sports USA will be available on DIRECTV, 18 hours per day. The first event is Champions League Semi-Finals, 1st Leg, LIVE. In August 2005, Setanta Sports USA will be a 24 hour channel. (From Setanta web site)

The channel on DirecTV will be a stand alone channel that will cost $ 11.99 USD per month. Quite expensive if you ask me, considering that we get Gol TV and Fox Soccer Channel as part of our channel packages. Also, according to the Setanta web page, some events will be sold as exclusive events, and will only be available on Closed Circuit TV only. So in effect we can forget about watching our NT games on our TV's at home. :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

I for one will not be geting the channel until few things happen. First they have to become available on Dishnetwork, and second they have to include all the games.

Ziaka,

Thanks for all the good work. I responded to the survey. I will also wait and see what kind of programming they will have and then aplause them.

Thanks again...

Please read on and check out the email I received today regarding Setanta sports:

Setanta Sports USA to launch on April 26

----------------------------------------

Setanta Sports USA, a premium subscription channel

owned and operated by Irish sports TV production company

Setanta Sport Limited, will launch on

Tuesday April 26 at 6am Eastern Daylight Time.

Setanta Sports USA will feature LIVE coverage of

the English Football League Championship Division,

selected UEFA Champions League and UEFA Cup matches,

European World Cup and European Championship qualifying,

the German Bundesliga match of the week,

and delayed coverage of many games involving England's

Manchester United and Chelsea.

Setanta Sports USA will have EXCLUSIVE English-language

coverage of the AC Milan vs PSV UEFA Champions League

Semifinal First Leg match on April 26 at 2:30pm ET/11:30am PT.

(ESPN2 will NOT air this match.)

Setanta Sports USA will be available on

DirecTV Channel 615 for $11.99 each month

to residential customers and

$100 each month to commercial establishments.

As Ziaka said, no word on coming to Dishnetwork any time soon. Nor they are any guarranties that games of greek interest will be on...

Spiro

I think some of the exclusive events that sell very well on the Closed Circuit TV will continue to be available at bars only. Sadly, I think this will include the Greek NT games. That's just my opinion and I could be wrong. We will just have to wait and see on what kind of programming they will have.

As for it being available on Dishnetwork, I used to exchange e-mails with one of Setanta's guys, and he told me few months ago that Dishnetwork is hard to negotiate with, and that they want everything at reduced pricing. He also told me that Dishnetwork would not show any interest unless the new Setanta channel showed Greek and Portuguese league games.

Having said all that, it might be a good idea to bombard Dishnetwork with requests to add this channel to their lineup. Also tell them you want it as part of one of their packages, such as Top 180 package that allready has Gol Tv and Fox Soccer Channel.

• 1 month later...

And starting June 1, Setanta USA will also be available through Globecast World TV satellite provider. Same price as on DirecTV ($11.99). I hope they are negotiating with Dishnetwork.

Archived