Phantis Forums

A' Div: PAOK-Olympiakos

Ziaka

Well done boys.

You had a lot of heart today, considering you at a rebuilding stage. The ref ripped you gives off

with the penalty

not sending off schurer for 2nd yellow card

blowing the whistle early in stoppage time, when you guys were on the counter against olympiakos and they looked like they were caught out.

Thanks to ERT-Sat I saw the game live. Another display of bad ref in a Greek league soccer game. The ref definitively influenced the outcome of the game.

- Gave a penalty to Olympiakos, when Udese clerly did not foul Mavrogenidis

- Shurer should have been sent off with a second yellow card after fouling Mieciel

- Did not give PAOK a penalty on a Tzortzevic hand ball

- Stopped PAOK couple of time with offside calls, when there weren't any

- The Okkas goal, which was called off due to offside should have counted

- Called off the game one minute early, when PAOK were on offense

As for the action, Olympiakos appeared to have the better of the play, missing several clear cut chances. Great save by Tochoroglou on Okkas shot early in the game. Also Tzortzevic missing a great chance in the last 10 minutes of the game. PAOK appeared to be slow on defense, and it was also apparent that we have problems in midfield. Our ionly chanc ein 1st half was a shot by Ekgomitis, which was saved by a Olympiakos defender at the last minute. In the 2nd half we equalized early, and could have gone ahead with a shot by Spasic, which was barely saved by Nikopolidis.

Great atmosphere in the full Toumba, but once again some of the bad fans managed to get on the field after the penalty call, and again when we equalised.

- Gave a penalty to Olympiakos, when Udese clerly did not foul Mavrogenidis

- Shurer should have been sent off with a second yellow card after fouling Mieciel

- Did not give PAOK a penalty on a Tzortzevic hand ball

- Stopped PAOK couple of time with offside calls, when there weren't any

- The Okkas goal, which was called off due to offside should have counted

- Called off the game one minute early, when PAOK were on offense

Now, Im sure you taped the match Ziaka or have the power to review those plays. So lets get to it ..............

1: No, he was fouled, finding the boot and then the rest of the body of a player is a foul, the only difference is he found the ball early in the play, but not only met with a foreign boot, changed the poreia of the ball doing so.

2: I agree, but your Egyptian back should also have been sent off, after jump kicking Djordjevic and keeping his foot out like that after the ball had been played.

3: Wrong, watch the play again. Djole crouches down slightly, extends his arms to the sides, traps the ball with the left part of his chest and under arm. So considering it cleary wasnt a handball, and wasnt intentional and considering this is inside the box where even the wildest of handballs are often not given, it was the RIGHT call no matter how one can look at it.

4: I saw one occasion where this is so, the rest where clearly well trapped.

5: I agree, Okkas goal should have counted.

6: You're right, 3 minutes injury time given, 2 minutes and barely 20 seconds actually played.

Honestly guys these gauvroi have a complex and cannot see the true picture.

I respect Ziaka's view and I beleive he is unbiased with his comments. I do not know him personally, but having read his comments in the past.

He is an OK person with me.

Maybe we should all take his example and there will be less disagreements and friction in forums. But unfortunatley it is in our DNA (ratza) to disagree amongst each other.

One jewish fellow once told me, you greeks could be the most powerful race in the world. However you fight amongst yourselfs constantly..................

And diferrence between you and us is that we jews stick together.

In ending this, the only time we greeks will stick together is when we are at war against foreign nations. Apart from this, how can you possibly be buddies with gauvro!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only joking.............................................

.. I too don't think it was a handball. It is just that the guy is Sardanapalos and looked like a handball....

If it looked like a handball, than the ref, if he was playing it 50-50 would have called it. ;)

As for the penalty call. Let's turn the tables. Can anyone tell me what the call would have been if the particular game was played at Karaiskaki, and instead of Mavrogenidis it was Salpiggidis and going in to score and the same thing happened. What are the odds that this would have been called a penalty?

elastonpapou, you were saying in another post that you saw some stats that show that penalties called for OLY this year are more than then the total of penalties called for the rest of the teams put together.

Was the a bit of creative freedom on your part or is that a true statistic. its hard to believe although they do seem to get alot of penalties called for OLY.

elastonpapou, you were saying in another post that you saw some stats that show that penalties called for OLY this year are more than then the total of penalties called for the rest of the teams put together.

Was the a bit of creative freedom on your part or is that a true statistic. its hard to believe although they do seem to get alot of penalties called for OLY.

for staters that stat is dead wrong

i if remember right Olympiakos has had 6 penalties awarded to them this season

and stop bitching about the ref

Paok should be happy with the result

they should have lost that game period

Here are the statistics re: penalties given compared to total offense.

OLY: 38 goals scored - 6 penalties given

PAO: 36 " - 2 "

AEK: 31 " - 3 "

xanthi: 34 " - 3 "

Paok: 30 " - 2 "

perhaps Papou meant that OLY got twice the penalties given then any other team, PAO or AEK

Well if you add everything up you will see that the TOTAL of A division is not much more that Thrynos's penalties... I mean the teams you list is correct, but I think that only a few other teams from A division have actually won any penalties...

By the way did you know that IONIKOS hasn't won a penalty in 4 seasons? :o :o :o

Nobody can tell me that Ionikos don't go to the opposite penalty are to win a penalty in four years!!!!

Anyway regarding the Oly stats you should look how many of these 6 penalties actually opened the score or won the match... ;)

Well if you add everything up you will see that the TOTAL of A division is not much more that Thrynos's penalties... I mean the teams you list is correct, but I think that only a few other teams from A division have actually won any penalties...

By the way did you know that IONIKOS hasn't won a penalty in 4 seasons? :o  :o  :o

Nobody can tell me that Ionikos don't go to the opposite penalty are to win a penalty in four years!!!!

Anyway regarding the Oly stats you should look how many of these 6 penalties actually opened the score or won the match... ;)

well the ergotelis penaly allowed us to tie it

and we lost the game

any other stupid stats to throw at us?

PS: i would not talk about ouir penalties didnt u guys get a penalty recently and won 1-0 thansk to that penalty?

and it means nothign to u how u also won on a questionable penalty I think it was vs aigaleo last month?

or how twice Paok allowed u to come back from 1-0 down?

or in the end last year all those late goals that led u to the title

or scoring at the 95th minute vs aek last year in the kipello game with 11 vs 9?

pappou whatever u accuse us ,... open your eyes and look at the breaks your sad team gets

I suggest you start making serious comments before you keep exposing your self further... What does this mean "PAOK allowed us to score to goals and win 1-2"... Isn't his football? Was it PAOKs fault that couldn't hold the score? This is the stupidest comment I have heard.... You accuse PAOK for loosing just because the score didn't fit your requirements....

Also what is this crap about late goals... Isn't that a part of the game? If its not then lets make a ruling saying that after the 80th minute all goals scored won't count... Cmon, Get serious....

We are talking about referee decisions and not late scoring and match turnarounds.. These have nothing to do with refs.... Having won 6 penalties more than any other team in the league (for years) which were result-deciders then this is another story...

And we did not win by a penalty.. AIgaleo we played last month is where Gekas scored after a corner kick...

I suggest you start making serious comments before you keep exposing your self further... What does this mean "PAOK allowed us to score to goals and win 1-2"... Isn't his football? Was it PAOKs fault that couldn't hold the score? This is the stupidest comment I have heard.... You accuse PAOK for loosing just because the score didn't fit your requirements....

Also what is this crap about late goals... Isn't that a part of the game? If its not then lets make a ruling saying that after the 80th minute all goals scored won't count... Cmon, Get serious....

We are talking about referee decisions and not late scoring and match turnarounds.. These have nothing to do with refs.... Having won 6 penalties more than any other team in the league (for years) which were result-deciders then this is another story...

And we did not win by a penalty.. AIgaleo we played last month is where Gekas scored after a corner kick...

U see when Olympiakos gets the late goals.. coembacks. etc etc u guys bitch moan and complain and never believe anythign u hear,,

Y shoudl I sit there and accept your excuses?

pappou do us a favor stop exposing yourself.. u sit there and say "well I dont endorese violence" then u turn and say only if its on OSFP

I cant believe that u think your team does not get the ref pushes.

I guess we can live in a drwam world after all

Archived