Phantis Forums

Mexico vs. USA

Wallofsoccer88

I know many may not follow the US National team that much, but I figure since both teams invovled are very good, I'm curious about any discussion about this topic/game. It'd also be nice to get some non-american (think un-baised) insight/knowledge from people who generally have a decent idea of what they're talking about (soccer-wise). Sorry for the above rant, it's tough when most people I know (the 'xeni' where I live) don't really follow and overhype the teams they support (Man U, Real Madrid) In short, they're bandwagon fans).

For the US, this is huge. I think a draw will be real good. A loss would be OK as the qualifing group makes ours look like a 'group of death'. We won't win as our qualifing record in Mexico City (azteca stadium) is something like 0-22-1. It makes Oly's away Champions League record look good :LOL:. Oh well, I'll go w/ a 1-1 tie with Donovan (USA) and Jared Borgetti (MEX) scoring. Your thoughts...?

I know many may not follow the US National team that much, but I figure since both teams invovled are very good, I'm curious about any discussion about this topic/game. It'd also be nice to get some non-american (think un-baised) insight/knowledge from people who generally have a decent idea of what they're talking about (soccer-wise). Sorry for the above rant, it's tough when most people I know (the 'xeni' where I live) don't really follow and overhype the teams they support (Man U, Real Madrid) In short, they're bandwagon fans).

For the US, this is huge. I think a draw will be real good. A loss would be OK as the qualifing group makes ours look like a 'group of death'. We won't win as our qualifing record in Mexico City (azteca stadium) is something like 0-22-1. It makes Oly's away Champions League record look good :LOL:. Oh well, I'll go w/ a 1-1 tie with Donovan (USA) and Jared Borgetti (MEX) scoring. Your thoughts...?

My friend,

I live here in the US and I follow the US NAtional Team and I wartch about 90% of their matches when they are broadcasted. One thing that I can tell you is that the group(s) that they are placed in are CRAP!

The 2 that are definitely going to advance here are definitely going to be US and MEX. Now what they do on the field umongst them..... doesn't matter. One might win the other will losse they might get 2 draws together, it doesn't matter. What's going to matter is what the other tiny, 3rd world nations are going to do against these 2 teams. And from the looks of the games that were played yesterday.... It's not going to matter.

Sorry to disappoint you but there's more interest in something like who's going to win Greece's 2nd Division title.....

Just my opinion though :tup:

Yea I guess your right evalagoal, we're definately in a crap qualifiying group. I guess that also means crap in terms of intrest on this board (perfectly understandable). Cyprus could beat most teams in our region (minus USA and Mexico). Costa Rica is OK, and it's a crapshoot to figure who can possibly get a 4th qualifing place versus an Asian team (or the 3rd auto spot for the matter). But I guess they'll be cannon fodder for whoever they face come Germany 06'.

Archived