Phantis Forums

Olympiakos vs 3an8h

REDmagic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has Taralidis ever played on the right Vasillie?

and do we still have Rezic or did he go on loan?

Georgiadis is no big loss

Georgadis injured or something

anywayz u know his time is about to end at Olympiakos very soon !!!

Georgatos should be playing thats for sure

he has been the most consistent player for Olympiakos in the past month and a half

good to see Vallas will get a big chance to shine

i think he is 24 maybe younger so good to see that

now he must perform

will Kafes be ready b/c he get some kind of fever (probably from Zagorakis and it might be a good thing for him LOL)

Folks,

There were no excuses for Ribo's bad performance. Yes, he was blocked by the stricy double-zone defensive Xanthi system, so what? Was he moving enough to avoid blocking or attract a few players on him? Was there any serious Xanthi attack to keep our team from offending?

I just think Bajevic wasn't expecting such a defensive football from Xanthi and had no alternative solutions for that case.

As for Okkas, the chances he missed were rather well executed for a player which mostly creates the conditions for goal chances than executing them. Anyway, he lost two important chances; the first it was because of the goalkeeper's phenomenal performance. The second would be one of the best goals of the year, had he hadn't missed the net by only a few cm. How many players would be able to effectively hit the ball on a very fast move and with the upcoming goalkeeper hiding the view? It seems to me that sometimes he misses opportunities that are very difficult to create AND exploit.

Our defense had an easy work, except for Xanthi's single serious chance in the whole game. That is why I'm whining here; we faced a solid defense but we should have overcome this since we were not threatened. Imagine Sochaux playing a Xanthi or PAO-like style of game. They would humiliate us, because their striker isn't a Garbozis...

Was he moving enough to avoid blocking or attract a few players on him? Was there any serious Xanthi attack to keep our team from offending?

As for Okkas, It seems to me that sometimes he misses opportunities that are very difficult to create AND exploit.

Wait, what do you expect a half way decent player of his position to do ? So he got some shots on goal that where difficult to get off, should we give him a cookie for doing so and applaud at his skill ?

How many open nets has he missed this season ? Has he not been fed and created himself enough chances this year ? Sure, but how many have gone in the net ?

The more the season goes, the more faith I loose in Yannakis. Im begginning to beleive he isn't worthy of the limani.

As for our offense against the Thracians, you saw Georgatos as a LB and he must have been behind center on only a few occasions to stop a run on the flank, yet we could still produce nothing with djole in a free role, ribo behind the strikers and geo on the wiing.

Protathlitis: As far as I know, we still have Rezic but he has had a minor injury requiring of indiividual therapy, I dont know if he is ready or ready but not in bajevics plans at ALL.

Was he moving enough to avoid blocking or attract a few players on him? Was there any serious Xanthi attack to keep our team from offending?

As for Okkas, It seems to me that sometimes he misses opportunities that are very difficult to create AND exploit.

Wait, what do you expect a half way decent player of his position to do ? So he got some shots on goal that where difficult to get off, should we give him a cookie for doing so and applaud at his skill ?

How many open nets has he missed this season ? Has he not been fed and created himself enough chances this year ? Sure, but how many have gone in the net ?

The more the season goes, the more faith I loose in Yannakis. Im begginning to beleive he isn't worthy of the limani.

As for our offense against the Thracians, you saw Georgatos as a LB and he must have been behind center on only a few occasions to stop a run on the flank, yet we could still produce nothing with djole in a free role, ribo behind the strikers and geo on the wiing.

I think Okkas mostly misses chances he creates by himself. Anyway, I think we miss a point here; for an offensive team like Osfp, and particularly at home games, where is the second striker/center forward to follow Okkas and exploit the chances? Wouldn't be a chance for goal if someone was close enough to steal the ball after goalkeeper pushed it back? As far as I can remember, some chances missed by Alexandris (who btw was a "

look i don't agree about the rivaldo statement

that he wasn't working hard enough

i mean it's pretty hard to break a double for the most part

Xanthi is a very organized and discplined team and deserve the credit for doing their job

plus everybody was back till the end of the game

i do agree about Okkas that he is really out of position that he can do everything but score

i mean i can see him playing the midfield next season while we acquire better strikers in the summer

Imho, a double zoned defense isn't impregnable. Xanthi is a very good team but its defense isn't the Greek NT. Ribo should be mobile enough to create holes in the zone thus offering chances for penetration by the rest offenders.

As for Okkas, I think he better stays as left forward because he's very creative there, we only need a daring striker to finish the chances. Which position he played at when he was at PAOK?

rivaldo can do so much

the rest of the midfield needs to help him out

can just put everything like that on him b/c nobody can really do just by themselves in an entire game

why don't u put more emphasis on the other players to play better and harder

soccer is a team sport

rivaldo can do so much

the rest of the midfield needs to help him out

can just put everything like that on him b/c nobody can really do just by themselves in an entire game

why don't u put more emphasis on the other players to play better and harder

soccer is a team sport

Well At Olympiako your treating it as if its a one man sport!

Rivaldo is a great player - no doubt about that even past his peak his still good! His not gonna win you the title on his own! Other players need to help - like if Okkas scored half the chances he had!!!!!!!!!! :LOL: just half of them and he would be top scorer!

Nah, the "team spirit" is overstated here. When two or more key players (Ribo, Gio) are underperforming, the whole team is affected. And you end up with 9 players instead of 11.

Despite the missed chances by Okkas, in the last 10 years at least, we were never in need of a retired striker like Warzycha in order to put the ball on the net :LOL: (and yes I know he is maybe the best foreign player ever played in Greece)

Nah, the "team spirit" is overstated here. When two or more key players (Ribo, Gio) are underperforming, the whole team is affected. And you end up with 9 players instead of 11.

Despite the missed chances by Okkas, in the last 10 years at least, we were never in need of a retired striker like Warzycha in order to put the ball on the net :LOL: (and yes I know he is maybe the best foreign player ever played in Greece)

funny part is we have all these problems and were right on course for the championship

i think Okkas will be in the midfield next season

i would like him on the right side or left

and think he excels their b/c he does have really good speed and does create chances to score not for himself though

we will see

I definatley think you are overreacting with Ribo dipapa. Gio was terrible but Ribo did ok

I agree...While Rivaldo is on the pitch he is capable of anything :tup: Once a champion always a champion.Everyone should get off his back and give him a chance..RIVALDO :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Folks, I wouldn't be so harsh against Rivaldo had he shown at least a better attitude to the coach (I would even put aside the amount of money he gets). No coach is unmistakable but Ribo had to avoid undermining team morale.

Anyway, there is always time to correct own mistakes. We 'll see on Thursday.

Archived