Phantis Forums

Turkish Players Abroad

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

so.. Fatih Tekke is the newest Turk outside the borders as he completed his big money move to the Russian club Zenith St-Petersburg.. The deal took €8.75M for the Russian club making Tekke the most expensive Turkish player. The 29-year-old striker will earn €2.3M for a two-year contract and the Russian club has the option to exercise another year option..

there are strange rumours that the Russian club will also bid for Gokdeniz Karadeniz.. the coach of the club, Dick Advocaat said he was a real admirer of the winger and would run all the resources to bring him to partner up Tekke at Zenith..

Trabzonspor responded that they would let him go should the Russians match the bid of Tekke..

he has great self-confidense as well.. :D he was asked why he choose jersey number 61 and he replied that it is the provincal code of Trabzon in Turkey and he aims to score 61 goals in 2 seasons.. The Russian journalists get shocked and ask him how would he score so mny goals? then Tekke explodes the bomb.. "with my feet and head.." :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

A very prolific day for our strikers abroad.. :tup:

Fatih Tekke scored his second goal in his second game and this time he was a starter.. Russia seems to be too shallow for him.. Tekke's team, Zenith however could not come out victorious against Tomsk FK.. my coupon is still valid thanks to this result.. :P

In the Bundesliga, new signing Halil Altintop, having joined his twin Hamit at Veltins ArenA, scored on his League debut as Schalke and Eintracht Frankfurt were held to a 1-1 draw. Altintop gave Schalke the lead on 31' but his goal was cancelled out by another quality forward, Giannis Amanatidis on 70'.. Hamit Altintop also played in the match and this season he seems to be a defensive midfielder.. It's his fourth year at Schalke and except Goalkeeper, he has played in nearly every position..

Good Job Guys!! :tup:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been a long time since putting anything down to this thread and it has to be said that there have been some great news and goals since from especially veteran Tugay who has been the mentor of Blackburn in their battle for relegation and Emre who just scored a superb lob against Reading FC to overcome his criticis in Phantis.

Tugay wins the game against Basel

Tugay stuns Spurs!

• 2 weeks later...

Turkish football seems to export one of his younger guns, as Vestel Manisaspor's 18-year-old wonderboy Caner Erkin seems destined for the Russian giants CSKA Moskva. Manisaspor General Director Mustafa Turgat stated today that "This transfer must be regarded as signed and sealed". The fee is reportedly around €4M for U-17 topscorer's services but as he's going to CSKA Moskva, the fee is probably much higher (remember Tekke's transfer to Zenith).

The debate started over several forums in Turkey whether the Russian league is a right target for argubly one of the hottest prospects of Turkish football as clubs like Fenerbahce, Inter, Roma and Everton were already interested in his services.

Only time will tell but I think it's a good move for him to leave Turkey as our league is terribly sucking last two-three years..

I think it is gong to be a good move for the young player. Not to mention, he's not just a left winger. He can also play as a striker, central midfielder and attacking playmaker. I believe they signed him as a potential replacament for Vagner Love who is a transfer target for several Premier League clubs.

Even if many people don't expect him to be a regular right now, I think he will start in the new Rusian season.

And hey guys, don't forget! CSKA Moscow and Chelsea are brother clubs (Roman Abramovic owns both ;) ). Who knows what will happen one day? :unsure:

Thats a great chance for Caner. He needs to use this opportunity well. I am happy for him. He is smart enough not to join one of the biggest clubs of Turkey such as FB, bjk and 6s. Because probably he would be one of those players who joined these clubs for a bit more money and ended with going back to one of those smaller clubs of Turkey.

Congratulations to him. Hopefully he will succeed :hypocrite:

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

so far this year...

- Tugay Kerimoglu seems to be warming up for the assistant manager position at Rovers... hasn't played much but hey, he's close to 38 now.. :tup:

- Tuncay Sanli seems to have finally got into the Boro team by scoring 5 goals in 9 matches... lousy start but picked it up.. :)

- Fatih Tekke is battling with injuries at Zenit and lost his position to Anton Sosnin... needs to pick it up or will find himself back in Turkey soon.. <_<

- Nihat Kahveci, along with Rossi, is carrying Villarreal into a good league position... great job!! :nw:

- Hasan Kabze, after leaving Galatasaray for Rubin of Russia, scored the goal that kept Rubin in Russian Premiership... neat start.. :)

- Metin Tumer has just scored his first goal for Larissa, and hey, against the "Turkey-loves-you" Panionios :LOL: ...

- Basturk Yildiray suffered a ton of injuries at VfB Stuttgart and needs to gain match fitness... losing his status as one of the key players of Bundesliga... :(

- Caner Erkin has played a good number of games for CSKA and will probably be one of the players who Gazzaev will shape the team around coming season.. :tup:

- Emre Belozoglu is fast becoming one of the wasted potentials at Newcastle.. how about a loan to CimBom next year?! :blink:

- Seriously, what is Umit Ozat doing at FC Koln these days? :LOL:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

- Nihat has joined Beşiktaş. It's over for him I think, since he's 30 already. He's been pretty solid in Spain though. ;)

- Caner is now a regular under Zico at CSKA Moskva. ;)

- I have no idea what Başturk is up to these days. Completely lost track of him! :o

- Gokdeniz is still at Rubin an still quite an influential player. 3 goals, 4 assists already.. :tup:

- Tekke started the season brightly at Zenit with 4 goals in 3 matches but has been silenced since then. A ?5.5M switch to Fenerbahce might be on the cards according to the Russian media. :huh:

- Umit Ozat retired after suffering from coronary failure in a FC Koln match last August. He's well, now. :(

- Altıntop brothers had good spells at FC Bayern and Schalke this season. :tup:

- Tuncay was obviously Boro's best player but was unable to prevent them from being relegated. Guardian says he may be Fulham-bound. :whistle:

- Hasan Kabze is now the fifth striker in the batting order at Rubin and is expected to leave the club following the end of his contract in December. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Caner is seemingly coming back to Turkey from CSKA Moskva. Galatasaray magicman Haldun Ustunel stated today they are very close to signing the versatile left-sided player on a year's loan with the option of purchasing him later on.

Sinan Kaloğlu, former Altay, Beşiktaş, Bursaspor and VfL Bochum forward, now playing for Vitesse in the Eredivisie, scored his team's second goal this weekend after coming on as a substitute on 76'.

Cağdaş Atan, former Denizlispor, Beşiktaş, Trabzonspor and Energie Cottbus defender, now at FC Basel in Swiss Superleague, has played in all of his team's 7 league games so far and seemingly has established himself as a starting player at the Swiss club.

• 2 years later...

Time to update this long-forgotten thread... ;)

SPAIN

Former Galatasaray playmaker Arda Turan, made 2 assists in Atletico's 4-0 victory over Real Racing Santander in Matchday 3. The goals were scored by Radamel Falcao [3] and Adrian Lopez.

Mehmet Topal of Valencia, Nuri Şahin of Real Madrid are still out injured. Hamit Altıntop of Real Madrid was in the 18-man squad for the match against Levante, but did not get the chance to play.

RUSSIA

Gokdeniz Karadeniz of Rubin Kazan has played in 18 league matches this season and has scored 4 goals in the process. The midfielder is a revered figure in Kazan, and his goal against FC Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League two seasons ago which brought victory to the Tatari side in Nou Camp is still not forgotten.

FRANCE

Former Ankaragucu and Trabzonspor forward Umut Bulut is playing for Toulouse, and scored 2 goals in 5 matches. Former Galatasaray and Rubin Kazan striker Hasan Kabze has not featured for Montpellier yet, and is expected to return to Turkey in January. Kabze played in 27 matches last season, scoring 7 goals. PSG striker Mevlut Erdinc, or Erding as he is known in France, has made two substitute appearances for the Qatari-funded club and made 1 assist so far this season.

ENGLAND

Tuncay Şanlı, who was loaned from VfL Wolfsburg, has featured regularly for Bolton Wanderers, and scored 2 goals. Owen Coyle says he plans Tuncay to take hold of the team's attack in the second part of the season. It seems he has found a lifeline in European football, at last.

GERMANY

Ilkay Gundoğan of Dortmund has played in 7 games for the Bavarians, making 3 assists in the process. He has opted for the German NT, saying "I will follow the footsteps of Mesut Ozil, not Nuri Şahin."

Turkish NT player Gokhan Tore, formerly of Chelsea, has appeared 4 times for struggling HSV, and did not look very impressive. Another Turkish NT player, midfield playmaker Mehmet Ekici scored 2 goals in 6 apps for SV Werder Bremen. Hertha BSC's Tunay Torun also scored twice in 5 apps for the Berliners.

Injury-plagued winger Haluk Turkeri of SV Darmstadt has not featured for his Regionalliga side yet. He scored 7 goals in 32 matches in his two seasons with the club.

BELGIUM

Standard Liege goalkeeper Sinan Bolat has played in all games for the underperforming Belgian giants.

OTHER

Former Fenerbahce, Panionios, Olympiacos and Volou winger Erol Bulut is registered as an OFI player in Greek Second Division. Former AEL trequartista Tumer Metin signed for Iraklis before the end of last season on a free transfer. As far as I know, they have not featured for their teams yet. Former Xanthi and Serres winger Deniz Baykara is currently without a club, but his agent is known to have reached an agreement with OFI, too. Former PAOK winger Greco-Turkish Houssein Mumin has also signed for Panaitolikos.

Former Erciyesspor anchorman Devran Ayhan, who spent last three seasons at Azeri side Xazar, is currently on trial with FC Qabala of the very same country. Devran played 49 matches for Xazar and scored 3 goals.

Former Fenerbahce youth player Guven Guneri has been released by the Bulgarian side Akademik Sofia in July after playing in 13 matches for the club last season.

FORMERLY

Players who were listed as playing in foreign countries in previous posts..

Nihat Kahveci > returned to Beşiktaş in 2009, released last April, currently w/o a club

Caner Erkin > plays for Fenerbahce, signed from CSKA Moskva for

Arda doing well in La Liga, also Mehmet Topal in Valencia. Others are average or unexperienced enough. (maybe i am not objective and see just the former Galatasaray players). I saw the summary of Racing Santander match Arda plays a brave game and his asists were excelent... He is feeding Falcao and Diego with perfect pases.

Tuncay is loosing time in Europe, he was always average accept a some periods in Primeier league...

Hamit Altintop is experienced and top player however IMO he is old and not well enough to play in Real Madrid. Nuri could be a star if he works well he is skilled and young IMO clever signing for Real.

I am mostly wonder about Gokhan Tore i saw some performance in Chelsea second team and he was really good however i never watched him in a real football area aganist to top teams.

Meanwhile I am suprised that in Greece there are many Turkish footballer.

On the other hand there are many Turkish rooted footballer playing for other National teams. GS you can write about them too?

Ilkay Gundoğan of Dortmund has played in 7 games for the Bavarians, making 3 assists in the process. He has opted for the German NT, saying "I will follow the footsteps of Mesut Ozil, not Nuri Şahin."

I don't understand why they give this kind of speeches, they can do it and we will respect but if he will follow Mesut he already made wrong way because Mesut never gave a speech like this. He made a choise and people mostly respected his decision.

Archived