Phantis Forums

Turkish Players Abroad

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Former Altay, Besiktas, Fenerbahce, Siirtspor, Aston Villa, Incheon Football and Urawa Reds centre-back Alpay has signed a 1+1 year contract with newly promoted German side 1.FC Koln. He signed a contract worth €850,000 a year.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems Serhat will continue to shine gracefully in Belgium. He scored the opener in Anderlecht's Champions League qualifier second leg against Slavia Prague and was the creator of the second goal scored by Jerome M'Penza... Anderlecht won the game 2-0 and marched into the Champions League. Serhat was selected as the man of the match...

Anderlecht, which enters the draw in the Third Pot, may draw Fenerbahce which will be a bitter sweer smphony for Akin Serhat...

:tup: :tup: HALIL EFE :LOL: :LOL:

Halil Altintop has been elected as (...hold your breaths...) the "Player of The Month" in German Bundesliga by famous German football magazine "Kicker". The 23-year-old striker scored 6 goals in 3 games for Kaiserslautern and is regarded as the main reason behinde the team's so unexpected rise...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems that Serhat Akin's future at Anderlecht can be in some serious doubt after his latest statements...

"Our coach is an idiot who says he's using a squad rotation system. But the rotation is always working against me. I have scored 7 goals and created 5 assists and I still struggle for the starting line-up. When I start, I know that I will be taken off by 60 mins at the latest. I promised the club to stay for three years and they promised me to give me full playing time. I will have a conversation with my coach this weekend and I may decide to quit the club in January."

Let's see what the future holds in store for this young man...

It seems that Serhat Akin's future at Anderlecht can be in some serious doubt after his latest statements...

"Our coach is an idiot who says he's using a squad rotation system. But the rotation is always working against me. I have scored 7 goals and created 5 assists and I still struggle for the starting line-up. When I start, I know that I will be taken off by 60 mins at the latest. I promised the club to stay for three years and they promised me to give me full playing time. I will have a conversation with my coach this weekend and I may decide to quit the club in January."

Let's see what the future holds in store for this young man...

he should go back to turkey, if Besiktas is smart theyll sign him......Besiktas strikers dont cut it.....Toraman is doing good (is he a striker?) but Ailton...is fat and finished. He just came for the doner. seriously. Serhat sounds like hes been playing well with anderlecht in his games and hes expereinced so Besiktas would do well to grab him i think....hey why not even PAO.....we need goals and olisadebe is leaving

FATIH AKYEL said PAOK did not make any payments ever since his signing on fee and added he will sue the club for this incident.

BESIKTAS interest in SERHAT has been going on for a few weeks. A transfer, at least a loan-deal, is expected in January.

• 4 weeks later...

"Nihat decided to stay at Estadio Anoeta until the expiry date of his contract in June. His agent also stated that he was ready to discuss terms with Sociedad."

So ironic... A player that scored 56 goals in 3.5 seasons in a hard league like LA PRIMERA and in a mediocre team like SOCIEDAD cannot find a suitable club to join. It's probably the "good footballer - terrible agent" case... I'm at least glad he didn't end up in Moscow, though.

• 3 weeks later...

OK guys, let's update our "GURBETCI" players after several of them switched teams...

Emre Belozoglu - Newcastle United (joined from Inter on a ?5.7M deal)

Serhat Akin - RSC Anderlecht (joined from Fenerbahce on a free transfer)

Tolga Seyhan - Shakhtar Donetsk (joined from Trabzonspor on a ?3.2M deal)

Fatih Sonkaya - FC Porto (joined from Besiktas on a ?500k deal)

Yildiray Basturk - Hertha BSC

Nihat Kahveci - Real Sociedad CF

Tugay Kerimoglu - Blackburn Rovers FC

Mustafa Gonden - Hvidovre FC Boldklub

Deniz Baykara - AO Scoda Xanthi

Derelioglu Oktay - Hazar Lankeran

Mesut Kumcuoglu - Hazar Lankeran

and Mustafa Denizli coaches Paas Club of Iran...

and Rasim Kara coaches Hazar Lankeran of Azerbaijan...

I'm not mentioning our yougnsters in U20 teams of top German teams such as Bayern, Leverkusen and Hertha... They're countless! Rising Turkish Youth, huh ? :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

You are forgetting Umit Davala of Werder bremen.

"Nihat decided to stay at Estadio Anoeta until the expiry date of his contract in June. His agent also stated that he was ready to discuss terms with Sociedad."

So ironic... A player that scored 56 goals in 3.5 seasons in a hard league like LA PRIMERA and in a mediocre team like SOCIEDAD cannot find a suitable club to join. It's probably the "good footballer - terrible agent" case... I'm at least glad he didn't end up in Moscow, though.

Nihat is one footballer I really like but his treatment at Real Sociedad has been puzzling...I remember seeing him come off the bench on a couple of occasions and wondered: "What is he doing on the bench???"

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, im back :D

don't you all forget about Nuri Sahin? He's born 1988 and plays in the national team and he's a starter in Borrussia Dortmund. Man, things are really going his way.

Youngest player ever in NT, youngest player ever to score a goal in the NT. Youngest player ever in the german league, youngest player ever to score a goal in the german league. :). what do you think? should he join chelsea? or maybe arsenal?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok, some news about our foreign guys...

YILDIRAY BASTURK

SABAH says FC Bayern are on the trail of the attacking midfielder for the next season since Ballack will be leaving.

Basturk to Munchen?

NIHAT KAHVECI

Once a hero at Donosti, Nihat is now a very unpopular figure among Sociedad fans. He declared last month that he is to join Villarreal in June.

HALIL ALTINTOP

He's doing his very best to keep Lautern in the Bundesliga. He was reportedly to join Schalke in the summer but his future is still cloudy. He may stay at Lautern for another season should they stay in the Bundesliga.

TOLGA SEYHAN

Besiktas and Trabzonspor are already queuing for the stopper after Shakhtar Donetsk declared that they aren't thinking of keeping him for the next season. His price tag of €4M may be a problem, though.

NURI SAHIN

He has been the super crop of Dortmund youth academy and is the top rising youngster in Germany and argubly the second one in the entire continent (after Messi). As Dortmund is figthing off a financial crisis, he may well get a chance to move to a bigger club. Roma are believed to be chasing this young man.

GOKTAN BERKANT

He was released from his contract in March after Kaiserslautern offered him to pay €120k for his services. He is now looking for a new club and he will probably sign for Genclerbirligi in the summer. He was such a promising guy a few years ago! How shitty has he turned out to be? :(

EMRE BELOZOGLU

He had an above-par season even if he was rattled with constant injuries. But I believe he would be better-off signing for another club as Newcastle's contradictory structure may halt his performance.

DENIZ BAYKARA

Galatasaray is reportedly interested in this player but it won't be easy to sign him considering the financial condition of Galatasaray and his possible price tag to be put by Xanthi.

There are also some other rumours linking our homeland-based players to teams abroad.

Fatih Tekke > Wigan or Portsmouth

Necati Ates > PSV, Sampdoria, Heerenveen

Cagdas Atan > RSC Anderlecht, AEK Athens, Roda JC

Ibrahim Toraman > Shakhtar Donetsk

Gokhan Unal > Slovan Lyberec

Buruk Okan > Sports Club Qatar, Hannover...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived