Phantis Forums

MANTZIOS TO LEGIA WARSAW!?

drakos13

Legia Warsaw have offered 1.5 million euros transfer for Vaggelis Mantzios- a star u21 player that was also said to be going to west ham and olympiakos and sevilla....this is the clubs biggest bid in 18 years.....and a total shock to me...

http://www.sportime.gr/html/ent/957/ent.52957.asp

i dont know if Mantzios would want to go but we will see....Panionios is a much better team and league than Legia i think it would be a bad move for him, but the club could use the cash...

you could say this is a waste of his career- id agree, but if he plays well within a year im sure hell move to a german club....they scout a lot in poland- and mantzios will be a star.

Guest Protathlitis

i thought it was a done deal with west ham, he went to london didnt he?

maybe it was only a trial :huh:

legia warsaw? :ph34r:

I'd be very surprised if this move goes through. For one, if West Ham, Oly, and Seville are interested, they could easily outbid L. Warsaw for his services. If he's as good as advertised he's probably worth a good deal more than 1.5 million Euros. I also think he could go somewhere bigger and better than the above clubs. L. Warsaw (+ the Polish league) would be a downgrade from Panionios + the Ethiniki A. Besides, it's not like great greek players haven't transfered from Ethiniki A to better teams and leagues (Seitaridis, Dellas, Karagounis, Haristeas etc.). :gr:

hes still young...he will definitly be spotted by german scouts...i think 1.5 is a lot for him and Sevilla OSFP and West Ham wouldnt pay that much for some one not yet ready for their level of play (maybe OSFP) its a good move....he will be in a lesser league but in the top team of that league....if hes truly any good hell be a star and be signed in a year or two.

well, maybe Polish league sucks, but Legia is a top club, every season in uefa cups. IMO great place for young, developing player to show his talent to european managers often visiting Legia Warsaw ground.

ps: I don't think Panionios is better than Legia. You have to know there are teams that don't match league they play. Wisla Cracow and Legia Warsaw could easily play in Greece and be top teams. :)

no im sorry that isnt true.....the old days yes maybe but today no.

Panionios is a great team, who are in UEFA every year too, have a huge history and made great players. No offense but Legia got killed by Austria ....... Panionios made it to the next round by beating Udinese ....who is 3rd in italy. I dont think Legia and Wisla could come close to compete with Panathinaikos, Olympiakos, AEK and PAOK - but yeah they could stay in the league consistently.

But I think Legia is good for Vaggeli because hell have a lot of pressure to be big, and become a star there. Also i didnt want him to move to Olympiakos.

Archived