Phantis Forums

Chalkias

CH-Thrylos

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supermario is way better than Chalkias. You can not say Chalkias is better ju1st because he's Greek, can you???

No, Chalkias is crap. That's why he was backing up Nikopolidis on the Euro 2004 Championship team. :gr: :whistle: Where is Galinovic from? NK Kamen Ingrad, that super powerhouse of a team in Croatia. And he has how many caps on the national team as compared to Chalkias? And last year, when Nikopolidis was having all of those contract problems at PAO, he was crap too. That's why they put a better goalie in place, right? Who was it again they put in his place? Give me a break....

It seems like the never-ending politics continue at PAO.

Supermario is way better than Chalkias. You can not say Chalkias is better ju1st because he's Greek, can you???

when have you seen xalkias play? or galinovic recently ? (i am curious because you live in turkey right? how can you see PAO games there?)

He is a much better keeper than Galinovic, Galinovic has been solid and he plays good in spurts of good form but doesnt last.... but he cant do anything Kostas cant do lately, both of them have made stupid mistakes this year, but Galinovic makes worse ones this year.....he was fine with AEK he had nothing to deal with but he was slow to react to a pass to wide open Lyberopoulos - he could have done better and come out, not saying that hes responsible. Also with PAOK he had a good game but also a crappy error that let that shot go in....

there both strong, but are both sloppy at times - its hard to tell whos better. If it comes down to that even, i say put a greek on.....or let Kotsolis go in!!!

I think we should go for Abaris in a couple years, he is really good.

and XXX18-T Xalkias played the whole second half of the season with PAO last year..... he did get some other starts in the begining too when Soum thought he would be better tactically with crosses like with AEK.....yeah he was used to being second, but the Kota was a lot better than him and he knew in a couple years that starting spot was going to be his.....then out of nowhere, Galinovic! id be pissed too, but i would have been more mature and had Mario's knees capped! :P

when have you seen xalkias play? or galinovic recently ? (i am curious because you live in turkey right? how can you see PAO games there?)

He is a much better keeper than Galinovic, Galinovic has been solid and he plays good in spurts of good form but doesnt last.... but he cant do anything Kostas cant do lately, both of them have made stupid mistakes this year, but Galinovic makes worse ones this year.....he was fine with AEK he had nothing to deal with but he was slow to react to a pass to wide open Lyberopoulos - he could have done better and come out, not saying that hes responsible. Also with PAOK he had a good game but also a crappy error that let that shot go in....

there both strong, but are both sloppy at times - its hard to tell whos better. If it comes down to that even, i say put a greek on.....or let Kotsolis go in!!!

I think we should go for Abaris in a couple years, he is really good.

and XXX18-T Xalkias played the whole second half of the season with PAO last year..... he did get some other starts in the begining too when Soum thought he would be better tactically with crosses like with AEK.....yeah he was used to being second, but the Kota was a lot better than him and he knew in a couple years that starting spot was going to be his.....then out of nowhere, Galinovic! id be pissed too, but i would have been more mature and had Mario's knees capped! :P

yeah i agree abaris will be good

or even give kotsolis a go, i think both Gala and Chalkias make silly mistakes its like they lose concentration

I saw CL games and a few Greek League goals and games this year and I have to say that Galinovic played better than Chalkias. He was the back-up to Nikopolidis but he was never that good. I mean I know some Greeks praying for Nikopolidis not to get injured because you had two crap reserves in Chalkias and Katergiannaki. And I remember Chalkias from his Iraklis days and I have to say I've had enough of this fella! Excluding the moments when he loses his concentration, Galinovic is a better keeper than Chalkias. THIS IS A FACT!

Batigol, I think you should give up -at least some of your- your nationalistic values in today's world! In CL games I saw Chalkias made a terrible mistake at PSV on 81 mins. Game ended 1-0... Supermario made a bad error v Rosenborg but it was 2-1... As drakos says they look even but with his youth and extraordinary will in games, Galinovic should be preferred!

Can someone give the reason then, why it was 12-8 in the votes of the poll: Galinovic v Chalkias in Galinovic's favour??? :D

I am sick and tired of all this "mourmoura" of the players.. When that Karagiozi Skazni first came everybody used to say how good he is with the psychology of the players... Now we see discipline walking away from the team...

Latest facts..

1. Olisadebe gets back late from his trip to Nigeria

2. Sabanis refuses to go to Halkidona

3. Gonzalez protests about not being given slightly more days off for the loss of his relative

4. KOURADA (Epalle) refuses to leave the club even though he is paid his full outstanding amount

5. Sanmartean makes statements that him and Gonzo DO fit in the same 11

6. Kyriakos has an incident before the AEK match for his non-usage

7. Halkias now protests that he doesn't play....

I am sick and tired of all this I think Tzigger should wake up and kick some ass.... Now kostakis has a problem for not playing, could he tell us when exactly was he in good form so that he could hang on to his position? He has been very unstable and for me Galinovic is a better keeper....

Kapetanio come back and sort this mess out!!! :nw:

Batigol, I think you should give up -at least some of your- your nationalistic values in today's world! In CL games I saw Chalkias made a terrible mistake at PSV on 81 mins. Game ended 1-0... Supermario made a bad error v Rosenborg but it was 2-1... As drakos says they look even but with his youth and extraordinary will in games, Galinovic should be preferred!

Sorry? I should give up my "nationalistic values in today's world"?? You know Turk, instead of reading it that way, perhaps you should have read my post for what it was. I was mearly pointing out that Chalkias was the backstop on the Euro Championship team. That's all! One doesn't attain that position by being a crap player. As well, I was also pointing out that Galinovic's skills haven't yet warranted a call up to his own national team. And, it's not like he was coming from some club that is known for developing great talent. And if being proud of my national team makes me nationalistic Turk, so be it! If you don't like it, too bad. Don't read my posts. Move on, go elsewhere.

And ooohhh, ahhh...if Drakos says something, then it obviously must be true. :LOL: Be real! We're all entitled to our opinions here. No one else's opinion matters more than others.

Teties xazomares de xreizomaste edw.

And a reason for the poll (whatever poll that was)....well what about the fact that it was only 20 people that voted!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: What a very real and scientific barometer of a goalkeepers skills and abilities. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL

I respect your opinion but you've got to respect mine as well! You do not have the right here to undermine or underestimate my ideas in this civilised forum and I have no sort of relations with drakos... :LOL:

Anyway, I feel I have taken my part in here and I have to say bye to this topic in order not to let any more misunderstandings take place (cause it seems Bati and I clearly have a communication problem)...

i agree with Batisututa if i say it must be true....

@ turkish:

also yes your opinion is accepted and discussed, but how can

you say "Galinovic is a better keeper than Chalkias. THIS IS A FACT!"

and call that an opinion???

then later you say you agree they are similar ...... so which is it ?

then you call our opinions "nationalistic" because we support the greek keeper? Xalkias is a true PANATHINAIKOS player and will work much harder because he loves our team. and hes more experienced.

im saying i think theyre about even, very talented with big liablities to suck ass- can put a great performance for 90 minutes and still make a stupid stupid mistake. I have seen a few from Kosta, and plenty from Galopoulo....also Galinovic isnt young..if Galinovic was so much better why was he dropped by Soum? early in the year? he was awful for 90 minutes very sloppy with rosenborg, he cant come out, slow reactions, piss poor positioning almost erased eki's magic...

vs PAOK he had a stupid error which xalkias wouldnt have made etc etc.. its tough to say, they should rotate with whos in form.

XALKIA PSYXARA

ESY EISAI TRIFYLLARA

true panathinaikos or not, Galinovic IS THE BETTER KEEPER. thats just based on their you know.................P E R F O R M A N C E S, mmm kay ?

rather funny how halkias was bitching for not getting into the lineup, hopefully his career goes even more downhill from there.

I've seen both live and all I can say that I'm divided.

Galinovic was exceptional in the Amsterdam tournament and Portsmouth and then screwed up bad vs Atsalenios in the Cup, Rosenborg in the CL and PAOk at Leoforo.

Halkas was then excpetional vs PSV (the goal was not his fault and he had previously made 3-4 GREAT saves), he was also exceptional vs Arsenal in both games making a couple GREAT saves but then did some stupid things vs Iraklis (which we didn't pay) but did pay an error in Rosenborgs 2nd goal and ofcourse that rediculous wrong wall against Olympiakos and has taken the blame for that somewhat.

If you put a gun to my head and you told me to chose, I'd say Galinovic because he is more stable or less unstable.

Anyone know where he's headed?? With this, I think he's done with the national team. I guess Katerginakis is now 2nd-string with the NT. I think he's more qualified the Chalkias for the NT. For one, he's started pretty much all of Caligari's games. Second, he's playing in a better league day-in, day-out (face it, Serie A is better than Ethinki A). Third, his team is also high (about 4th or 5th) in a very competitive league (cept' for juve :tdown:) Finally, he's dosen't seem to have the occasional blunder that Halkias (and even Nikopolidis) have every so often.

If halkias was a professional, them he will sit on the bench as the previous bloke did and wait for his chance to get back into the starting lineup.

However he has a chip over his shoulder and no one is bigger than the club. If he wants to leave, so let it be........

Besides he cost us games in the champions league, that were school boy errors.

So good luck and goodbye!

Tzigger chose to act the tough guy with Chalkias for complaining. He doesn't have the balls to do the same with Kiriakos who complained himself on SSunday for not being in the line-up vs AEK.

Anyway, good luck Kosta and you'll always be in our hearts because you're one of us. There was not one occasion he didn't come after a game to applaud the PAO fans (unlike other players....)

Kosta psyxara, gia panta trifilara!!!

stupid move for PAO........now when Galinovic goes back to his s%$#! form what do we have? (and beleive me, Galinovic WILL go back to it eventually, when he makes another huge error its just going to make everyone mad and miss Xalkias...

what exactly was xalkias big error in the CL?

please dont say Rosneborg. That pitch was SOAKING wet remember, it was almost POSTPONED!!! and it was freezing cold. if u have any goalkeeping experience you will know that water and cold temperature are your worst enemies in weather. Galinovic in the same game couldnt hold a shot in a nice dry Athens with rosenborg.......also the entire game he was out of position, the goalpost saved his ass many times. Yes he has been in good form lately, Xalkidona, PAOK he was good except for that stupid mistake he made...and PSV.......but Xalkias had runs too.....and when Galinovic's ends- he doesnt have to work as hard anymore. He has the #1 spot.

we let axristoi like Maric , Konstantinidis, Debbah and Skazni stay but we send Xalkias out.....i think AEK will take him and hell do great, and i think PAO will regret it when Galinovic loses his form.

Archived