Phantis Forums

A' Division TV rights

The deal between the teams without TV contract (the so-called "TV asteges") and ERT has been signed today, which means that all A' Division teams now have a TV contract. Here is the breakdown:

ERT

Chalkydona, Iraklis Thessaloniki, OFI Crete, Paniliakos Pyrgos, Neos Panionios Athens, Proodevtiki, Skoda Xanthi

The home games of these teams will be shown on ET-1 and NET in Greece. ERT-Sat will be showing some of the games on their channel for European, North American and Pacific Region viewers.

NETMED (Supersport)

AEK Athens, Aigaleo, Akratitos Ano Liosia, Aris Thessaloniki, Ionikos Nikaias, Kallithea, Panathinaikos Athens, PAOK Thessaloniki

The home games of these teams will be shown on the Supersport channel in Greece. Those games are also available to ERT-Sat on tape-delay basis.

TV MAgic

Olympiakos Piraeus

The home games of Olympiakos will be shown on TV Magic in the Attiki area, as well as on many regional stations throughout Greece. Antenna Satellite in the US and Antenna Pacific in Australia will show those games live.

From what I understand, OFI is part of the deal, meaning that they will receive a cut from the payments that ERT will make. However, OFI has not signed any paperwork with ERT, something that the other six have done. I am not sure if this means that they will not allow their games to televised on ERT. We need some clarification on this.

I think that is the case. I believe OFI is hoping that Netmed will offer them more than they would be getting from the "asteges" collective deal with ERT. That's why out of the 7 teams they are the only one that has not signed the paperwork.

• 1 month later...

Archived