Phantis Forums

Why did it happen

evalagoal

What's your opinion that Olympiacos was knocked out of the next round of CL?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion that Olympiacos was knocked out of the next round of CL?

• (A) Did they not play good soccer?
    • (B) Were they out-coached in the tournament?
    • (C) Is Olympiacos still not a world class team like the others?
    • (D) Need to improve on getting some players?
    • (E) Or... Just had some bad luck?

Guest Protathlitis

were both in UEFA!!

thats what ive been saying but all the vazeloi flooded into our forum like it was the best day of their lives even though their team had another group stage exit the day before

yeh i know but u must forgive them after u n ur mates (oly supporters) talked s%$#! for the past 4 weeks saying "were comming first in our group, yous r 3rd" or "were better then you coz were gonna go to the last 16" or "say hello to Aek for us in UEFA"

So plz mate, revenge is sweet.....

mayb that will teach u n ur fellow mates not to act like cocks, coz u didnty get in the last 16!! after the s%$#! u guys talked!!

yeh i know but u must forgive them after u n ur mates (oly supporters) talked s%$#! for the past 4 weeks saying "were comming first in our group, yous r 3rd" or "were better then you coz were gonna go to the last 16" or "say hello to Aek for us in UEFA"

mayb that will teach u n ur fellow mates not to act like cocks, coz u didnty get in the last 16!! after the s%$#! u guys talked!!

wel... we still had a better record then u guys

u think UEFA when they look at the seedings the next time will say hmmmm PAO got 2 ties and 2 wins... this must be better then the other teams 3 wins and 10 points

if u still think u had a better campaign then us despite our one extra loss which we made up with by winning en extra game im sorry and dont get offened u need to go back to elementary math !!

thrillosmt:

Obviously you don't know how the UEFA rankings work. This is not surprising since your knowledge on almost everything else is just as limited. So let me explain very briefly.

You got 10 points, we got 9. BUT, we lost 1 game, you lost 2. We got2 draws away from home, you only 1. For rankings, each away draw gets 2 points. We have 2, you have 1. You have more defeats and therefore we get more ranking points than you.

u think UEFA when they look at the seedings the next time will say hmmmm PAO got 2 ties and 2 wins... this must be better then the other teams 3 wins and 10 points

YES, that's EXACTLY what we are saying. Because that's exactly how it works. Check the UEFA site for yourself.

thrillosmt:

Obviously you don't know how the UEFA rankings work. This is not surprising since your knowledge on almost everything else is just as limited. So let me explain very briefly.

You got 10 points, we got 9. BUT, we lost 1 game, you lost 2. We got2 draws away from home, you only 1. For rankings, each away draw gets 2 points. We have 2, you have 1. You have more defeats and therefore we get more ranking points than you.

YES, that's EXACTLY what we are saying. Because that's exactly how it works. Check the UEFA site for yourself.

the rankings are meaning less

bottom line is which team is better

i mean right now u have Pao ahead of Ajax in those rankings and Ajax is one of the great soccer clubs of all time

they have been down for a while now but are u going to tell me Pao is better then Ajax

guys don't look into these rankings so much

all it matters is winning period

Guest Protathlitis

talked s%$#! for the past 4 weeks saying

Alright fair enough but i cant beleive this s%$#!'s still going on a week later and people wont aknowledge that up until this game oly had been playing great football in CL and winning too.

The treatment we got from that ref in England was typical of what Greek teams receive especially in England, pao fans gotta aknowledge that. Then again what can you expect when some of you go against all your judgment and what your eyes are seeing to say that Gerard shouldent have been sent off.

wel... we still had a better record then u guys

if u still think u had a better campaign then us despite our one extra loss which we made up with by winning en extra game im sorry and dont get offened u need to go back to elementary math !!

OMG my argument isnt about who had a better CL record this year!! im jst simply stating the reason why Pao fans here r bashing u guys is because u talked so much trash on how good u guys were and how u were going to make it to the last 16 then on the last hurdle u feel on ur arse and dropped to UEFA!!

E.g i remember u saying "say hello to Aek in UEFA for us" and i responded "dont get to cocky, its not over untill the fat laddy sings" and you like "sure sure will make it" <<<-------- correct me if im wrong but u sounded like a cocky basterd!! so when u did fall on ur arse, everyone basically said "sucked in"(including my self"

So lets get this straight one more time, this argument isnt about who had a better CL this year, its about u guys fallin on ur arse after talkin sooooooooo much trash about how u were going to the last 16 and u were first in ur group...

UNDERSTAND now?? if not i think u need to grow a brain coz this isnt rocket science :P

thrillosmt:

the rankings are meaning less

bottom line is which team is better

i mean right now u have Pao ahead of Ajax in those rankings and Ajax is one of the great soccer clubs of all time

they have been down for a while now but are u going to tell me Pao is better then Ajax

guys don't look into these rankings so much

all it matters is winning period

The problem with you and thrilosmtl is that neither of you understand the difference between "club" and "team". So there is really no point talking because it's like banging my head against the wall trying to explain the very basic things.

The overly cautious approach by Dusan Bajevic in the 2nd half of the Liverpool game is to blame for Olympiakos' exit from the CL. The scousers are not the team they used to be! :tdown:

Luck was also a factor: if the last game v. Liverpool was in Karaiskaki or OSFP were playing indifferent Depor in the last game, I have no doubt they would have gone through.

The overly cautious approach by Dusan Bajevic in the 2nd half of the Liverpool game is to blame for Olympiakos' exit from the CL. The scousers are not the team they used to be! :tdown:

Luck was also a factor: if the last game v. Liverpool was in Karaiskaki or OSFP were playing indifferent Depor in the last game, I have no doubt they would have gone through.

agreed in some part but i still think that if venetidis wouldnt had to be replaced our defense would have worked better. am i the only one with this oppinion? bajevic couldnt stick to his plans, so that he had to make some changes he wasnt up to.

@grandpa: seems as if pao fans already learned it not to overestimate their team. ;) i anyways think it is wrong to say that the own team will achieve this and that. espescially with osfp. we got disappointed so many times in europe we should have learned from the past.

but we played well this year and with a little bit more luck we could have gone through. but that is in the past now. lets hope ALL greek teams will get as far as possible in the uefa cup.

and back to the toppic: osfp does not and will not belong to the bigger teams in europe if we dont start winning away. without these point we can win at home as much as we wont and will still not proceed to the next round. winning away makes a big team in europe. not giving a damn about it if there are 30000 or 300 fans on your side makes you big. if we are lucky we will get a weak team for the next round (i hope for basel, then i could go and watch it :D ). and if we win away and get trough another one or two rounds i think this could give as more confidence for the next year. and maybe then our record will have a 1 or even a two in front of the 4-21.

Archived