Phantis Forums

Why did it happen

evalagoal

What's your opinion that Olympiacos was knocked out of the next round of CL?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion that Olympiacos was knocked out of the next round of CL?

• (A) Did they not play good soccer?
    • (B) Were they out-coached in the tournament?
    • (C) Is Olympiacos still not a world class team like the others?
    • (D) Need to improve on getting some players?
    • (E) Or... Just had some bad luck?

This is killing me.... I've completely forget and I've lost track now on how many years it's been since Olympiacos has advanced to go outside of the group-stage of CL.

I need some of your thoughts on this because the more I talk about this to my buddies. the more and more I just don't get it...

Go ahead everyone, cast your vote and give me your 2-cents on this matter.

Thanks

Guest Protathlitis

you where out even before the begining of the campaign like i said

Thats funny becasue i said the same about the fegs even though they had the easiest group in CL

i don't think u can point out one key area

the game of Liverpool had a little of everything

for starters Rivaldo scored the first goal and 1-0 at halftime

it looked like from there and on Olympiakos figured they had progression set

the second was Bajevic inept to make key changes early and maybe often to offset Liverpool's tremedous control of the ball

the last thing bad luck came to play if everybody remembers the game at Karaiskaki should have ended 3-0 and could have gone as high as 6-0

and we have no luck in away games too

as for the poll its hard to decide which one

in the end Olympiakos needs to find pure strikers period

Thats funny becasue i said the same about the fegs even though they had the easiest group in CL

arsenal and psv..yeah..real easy...
Head to head comparison:

Arse OVER Livers... anyone that knows what EPL stands for, knows that.

PSV OVER Monaco... undoubtedly. PSV has not conceded a goal in Eredivisie for how long?

Roses OVER Depor... Scores please. Deportivo did NOT score in all CL games

Roses almost beat Arse in Norway, when it counted

Only the last comparison could be debated, the previous two are clear cut

Both Greek teams were one point, or ONE goal away from qualification. :(

A HUGE improvement over last year. :ph34r:

My wish is that ALL Greek teams do well.

When we start comparing just to feel better, we are just kidding ourselves :rolleyes:

PEACE

Guest Protathlitis

When you got your spectacular draws against arsenal (for which i actually found myself cheering for pao when watching it- i cant beleive it sometimes) they in a crisis and could not get a win in the premiership against bottom teams, let alone in europe where ARSENAL IS JUST s%$#!. Liverpool is a better european team than arsenal.

Like pao WAS a better team than oly playing in europe, Arsenal could win the premiership with their great football but have never really cut it in europe.

PSV is nothing special and that'll show in the latter stages. Rosenborg was the worst team in CL. they were pitiful.

PAO, MAINLY BECAUSE OF THEIR MANAGMENT, IS NOTHING ANYMORE IN EUROPE. this is sad becasue i used to like seeing them enjoy success in europe.

we were outcoached

Bajevic should not have mis underestimated the historic liverpool to be able to come back from 1-0 to win

man face it. it wasnt dusans faullt. Liverpool were 100% the better team. it had nothing to do with dusans coaching decsisions, the team just couldnt hold together in the begining, took the early goal that was disastrous for their morale after the break, and were getting ready to take a barrage of attacks....you cant blame a coach for that, theres nothing he can do. Liverpool the way they were playing were going to win if you had kept attacking, win if you crammed all players in, and win if you tried to counter (which you did) they were that good that night. what could dusan do? he has the lead at half time, he makes a decision to stay conservative and strike on the counter attack, because in the first half they were pressed to the max, and the same was going to happen in the 2nd half....A concentration break down in the first 2 mins of the second half cant be bajebitch fault....

Guest Protathlitis

oly does not belong in europe it is as simple as that.

Slick, You might as well say say that greek clubs dont belong in the european competition. These days when the fegs are in the championsleague, they are one of the worst teams in the group stage.

Olympiakos on the other hand is now not only the better EUROPEAN team, but have got it all over the fegs in general. just look at our respective campaigns

THRYLARA mou

darko13 is right (get it? lol) we just buckled like helpless dogs and that first cut of the flesh at that particular time of the game is what did us in.

our failure to advance is going to hurt us, and im still not over it and i wonder what the phsycological state of the players are right about now.

slick, tsimpa kana @ . i thought provoking was frowned upon in here? :whistle:

we were outcoached

Bajevic should not have mis underestimated the historic liverpool to be able to come back from 1-0 to win

man face it. it wasnt dusans faullt. Liverpool were 100% the better team. it had nothing to do with dusans coaching decsisions, the team just couldnt hold together in the begining, took the early goal that was disastrous for their morale after the break, and were getting ready to take a barrage of attacks....you cant blame a coach for that, theres nothing he can do. Liverpool the way they were playing were going to win if you had kept attacking, win if you crammed all players in, and win if you tried to counter (which you did) they were that good that night. what could dusan do? he has the lead at half time, he makes a decision to stay conservative and strike on the counter attack, because in the first half they were pressed to the max, and the same was going to happen in the 2nd half....A concentration break down in the first 2 mins of the second half cant be bajebitch fault....
listen bajevic did a good coaching job in this competition till that fate ful second half

when u saw the first half of that game u had a good feeling Olympiakos were going to go through

i mean they were up 1-0 and played the style they needed too

Liverpool couldn't create much

but the second half was totally different looks like the team was too comfortable and the fact that Bajevic saw consistent possession from Liverpool he didn't make the necessary changes its that simple

In all honesty your failure to qualify wasnt only because of the Anfield result. Your failure to win away at Deportivo and at Monaco (or even a draw at Monaco) are also what you guys should be looking at.

Olympiakos has never won away from Athens and thats fact! Until you manage to win away from home than your not a world class team as one of of the options of this poll suggests and you cannot advance in Europe. Credit were credit is due however and you did make Karaiskaki a fortress 3 wins from 3 home games well done but hopefully now you will learn from not qualifying with 10 points. Europe has become so competitive that you guys with 10 points and us with 9 points is just not good enough now. And its a level playing field as well with little teams taking out the so called big fish - I mean who expected Porto to win at the start of last years comp.

BTW - Bayevic was also at fault at Anfield but I'll leave that to the Olympiakoi to discuss who know their team better than I do.

I say it again

Oly needs some purebred strikers and/ or mental help for Okkas

And some better luck could not hurt

i hope conclusions will be made in rder to acheive better result in the UEFA cup

your right on that Olympiakos has no true stirker or stirkers

i mean the midfield and defense can do so much they need to fix that position

okkas will be good iin the midfield

Guest Protathlitis

ohhh so i suppose Oly is better then Pao in Europe???

exactly and in Greece and in matches between us. Anyone got the head to head record?

Archived