Phantis Forums

Sattelite in Europe

i found this page with listings for sattelites, which channels each satelite has, and it seems Hotbird 2 has

SuperSport Hellas

Mega Channel

ANT 1

Star Channel

Alter Channel

and hotbird 3 has Ert, net etc....

anyways my question is is that its decoded by something called Irdeto 2

Does anybody know what this is? How can i get it? do i simply need the decoder and the dish aligned with the satelite and it works??? Also is it possible to connect to Hotbird 2 and 3 at the same time? anyone know about satelites or live in europe maybe know?

Those are the satellites that NOVA uses to transmit theit channels. The channels you found are part of the NOVA package. You would need a decoder from NOVA to descramble the channels, and you should be able to use the same dish for both Hotbird 2 & 3 since both satellites are from 13 degrees.

Irdeto is the decoding system designed by the Irdeto Access company for satellite television broadcasts. NOVA uses that system to decode their channels as do other satellite providers. It is very possible that hackers broke the Irdeto code and are able to devise illegal hardware to decode the channels. I don't know if that is the case, and even where to look for such hacked hardware.

Archived