Phantis Forums

Mandaric - Prospective buyer?

Ziaka

I don't believe for a second that he's going to swoop in and buy PAOK and potentially "rescue" the team. Maybe he's just blowing that hot air to take attention away from the fact that he's got issues at Portsmouth with Redknapp. Didn't he just resign today?

Hot air, that is all this is.

Thessaloniki will never have what it deserves in Greek footbal unless real Greek businessmen are interested for the teams. The more fans mingle with the teams, the more hesitant is somebody to make a good corporate effort, because of bad publicity. (otherwise he would have to try to make an impression to the fans, sacrificing long run goals).

See Vardinogianides: they never let Pana fall at a low level for decades(it seems to me it is the only such team), yet nobody likes them because they are not willing to pay 600.000 for a player. Koskotas and similar guys would buy Detary...... :nono:

Im not saying that it will happen. But greece is probably the easiest league to gain entrance into european competitions, if you own a team, and have MONEY.

Portsmouths european aspirations are zero.

PAOK's european aspirations are very high.

I'm curious to know if anyone in the forums actually knows this Mandaric character and where he made his millions. I would have to assume, maybe incorrectly, that he is very rich given that he has an English Premiership team.

Anyone out there know anything?

The state that PAOK are in? And what state is that? A bad economic state? It seems like every Greek team is in a bad economic state. Some are just better at playing the politics than others. And some are VERY good at hiding the financial ruin their clubs are in. Others are just plain cheap.

I really don't think teams in Greece make money. They really don't. At least they don't make money commensurate to what's put into them. I think they're a funnel for rich businessmen to A) heighten their own self image/esteem, and B) write off loads and loads of expenses.

Like I said before. I'd really like to know this Croatian character a bit better. Where did he make his money?

Hollywood, why do you think he would invest a lot of money into the club? For Uefa Cup or CL aspirations?

From the moment PAOK's debt are under control then Mandaric is right for PAOK and PAOK for MANDARIC if he has ambitions.

PAOK have a massive fan-base and all they need to get the PAOKia back at Toumba is inspiration and 3-4 players. PAOK also have a big stadium.

Mandaric should really consider buying/purchasing the club.

Here is a profile of Milan Mandaric:

Mr. Milan Mandaric was born in Lika, in Vrebac village near Gospic. As a graduate of engineering he moved to USA in 1969. He became American Citizen in 1976, and this is when he founded his first company, giving it a name after the region where he was born - LIKA Company. In three years the company became the leading american corporation for the printing circuits in the high technology field.

Over the years and decades, Mr. Milan Mandaric has founded and managed a number of companies in the field of electronics and capital investments, which are even today the giants on the stock exchanges in the USA. He is a founder of the first significant football club in California, and presently he is the owner of Portsmouth City Football Club, one of the best English Division 1 clubs.

Mr. Milan Mandaric is the president of the board of one, and the leading person in several, investment companies that undertake significant investments around the World and in the USA. He is a member of the board of Deutsche Bank's technology fund with headquarters in New York. As one of the major shareholders, Mr. Milan Mandaric is the President of the Shareholders' Assembly and the member of the Board of Directors of Development Bank of Southeast Europe.

Posted Image

Milan Mandaric

Archived