8 Enosis 12 3 5 4 15 16 14

9 Achnas 12 3 5 4 13 15 14

10 Dighenis 12 3 5 4 13 15 14

11 Apollon 12 4 2 6 16 20 14

12 AEP 12 4 1 7 16 28 13

13 AEK 12 1 5 6 10 22 8

14 Aris 12 0 0 12 12 37 0

• 4 weeks later...

Apoel is looking to take the league this year with the additions of Hamilton Ricard, Bart williams, hagan, Pavlin, The greek wonder kid Vakouftsis, this guy could play in any team in Greece he is amazing... They are up to points on Anorthosis should be a tight finish..

Bides, we will win the Coca-Cola Cup which is in it's group stage. You guys are good this year, but I hate APOEL with a passion, worse than i hate PAO. Especially, b/c Kaiafas is my cousin, no joke, I'm serious. Yea, we do suck a little, but we're Omonoia, have to win something. :tup:

R u first cousins with kaiphas, I grew up with iwkeim wife.. I hope Omonoia wins the cup because then cyprus will have three strong teams in europe.. WE lost to Apep today in Kyperounda that is where my dad is from.. funny thing is my uncle was the linesman.. omonoia beat Aek 4 to 1.. i guess will have to wait and see

Omonoia will prevail in this tourney. They have trouble scoring and are weak in goal, but it's not an Omonoia tradition to lose. Kaiafas, is my 2nd cousin,by the way. I don't know him that personally, but I see his father all the time, when I'm in CY. Bides, way to go, defending our island in the PAO forum. Ena goal, ena goal, ena goooooooooal,TRIFYLLA NA VALTE ENA GOAL! OH and bides, that was Olympiakos Nicosia, Aloneftis and Themistokleous were great. Leoni definitely deserves the job over Vezer. Maybe based on Vezer I say we're weak in goal. Leoni, should be our keeper. Oh and I wanted to say something about national team. Panayiotou sucks. I can think of many other keepers in CY who are better. Morfis, is probably the best, or at least having a career year. Giorgallidis, a good kid from Anorthosis. Even washed up guys like Yiallouris, who we killed today, or even, and this is the funniest one, Shimitras :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ! We always cap the wrong players, too. A change in goal and some better decisions, and at least we can stop losing to Israel, maybe give Ireland, Switzerland, or even France a run for their money. Our island, has some great talent, and it is getting ignored. One more thing, the last name Kaiafas, IS MADE UP!

Omonoia will prevail in this tourney. They have trouble scoring and are weak in goal, but it's not an Omonoia tradition to lose. Kaiafas, is my 2nd cousin,by the way. I don't know him that personally, but I see his father all the time, when I'm in CY. Bides, way to go, defending our island in the PAO forum. Ena goal, ena goal, ena goooooooooal,TRIFYLLA NA VALTE ENA GOAL! OH and bides, that was Olympiakos Nicosia, Aloneftis and Themistokleous were great. Leoni definitely deserves the job over Vezer. Maybe based on Vezer I say we're weak in goal. Leoni, should be our keeper. Oh and I wanted to say something about national team. Panayiotou sucks. I can think of many other keepers in CY who are better. Morfis, is probably the best, or at least having a career year. Giorgallidis, a good kid from Anorthosis. Even washed up guys like Yiallouris, who we killed today, or even, and this is the funniest one, Shimitras :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ! We always cap the wrong players, too. A change in goal and some better decisions, and at least we can stop losing to Israel, maybe give Ireland, Switzerland, or even France a run for their money. Our island, has some great talent, and it is getting ignored. One more thing, the last name Kaiafas, IS MADE UP!

I will always defend the island.. whats not to defend, everyone in cyprus is Educated they live well, there.. People are just jealous they dont want to see the Greek cypriot succeed.. they forget we come from an island of 70000 people not 12 million... It was Olympiakos that Omonoia beat today my mistake.. aloneftis is great he can play anywhere in greece.. Panayiotou is not the problem its the defence, they players that can defend.. konnafis should be recalled I defenitly call aloneftis...hopefully this coach annastiades wil get the players plying with confidence.. cyprus has a bright future with Bides, Krassas, aloneftis, makrides, alexandrou, georgiallides next best Keeper, he has offers from England..

As I said, Vukotic always capped the wrong players.

Efstathios Aloneftis- other than my second cousin, he's my favorite player on our team, he can score, he's got talent all over the place, and I've no idea, why he's never been capped

Krassas- Great player, ususally on the bench, though, but not deservingly so

Harlambides- He served APOEL well, and he'll crack the lineup for PAO probably

Satsias- isn't he already on the team?

Here's my ideal lineup

GK Morfis

LB Theodotou

CB konnafis

RB Okkarides

LM Harlambides

LCM Krassas

RCM Satsias

RM- Alonefis

CM Makridis

LS Konstantinou

RS Okkas

Bench

Giorgallidis

Ioakeim

Kaiafas

Alexandrou

Haralambous

Froussos

It's a weird looking lineup, compared to the current one, but it gives us a stronger defense, a very good midfield, two great strikers, and a red-hot keeper, Morfis starts every league game for APOEL, and wins, and I think he has the most clean sheets, too. Cyprus can challenge teams with that lineup.

Theodotou is injured...

I like the lineup too, Aloneftis is still an under 21 but I think he will be capped soon.. Froussos is from Greece he cant play...Konnafis should be lock he was but vucotits never played him after he went to Belguim...The midfield is strong, speed, youth and heart.. They should be beating teams not losing to the crappy ones...

To be honest, bides, I can't really think of too many other CY strikers other than Okkas and Konstantinou, Every team seems to have a foreign striker.We have Kozlej, APOEL Ricard, Anothosis Tsitaishvili(trust me this guy killed us in both games), Salamina Wubej, I could go on. For now, replace Froussos with Neophytou, he too is having quite a season.

I think you can use aloneftis as a striker as well and maybe throw in engomitis if he is willing to play.. He starts for Paok I dont see any reason he cant start for Cyprus.. Only if he is healthy of course... what about the wonder boy malekos!!!

Alexandrou of Apoel, George Nikolau of Omonoia, Yiasemakis,

Whatever happened to Malekkos? He was an international for Cyprus, now he doesn't even start for his own club. Kinda like the keeper situation at Anorthosis, the former international Shimitras, playing backup to Giorgallidis(who is very good, and shot us out last time we saw him).

Re Malekos went to Apollona he played today had a good game.. They tied Salamina 1 to 1.. shimitras went to Ionikos in Greece he is the Back up there maybe he will get his chance.. My Apoel is leading Paralimni 3- 2 at half it is a crazy game.......

Malekkos can now resume his career. As for Shimitas, well what's the difference between backing up Giorgallidis at Anorthosis or backing up Bekaj at Ionikos? How'd you guys not beat Paralimni yesterday? Hope we win today

That's something I love about bein' Cypriot, our dialect. There is indeed a "sh" sound. there's also a "j" sound and a "ch" sound, as well. For example, my mother's maiden name is Boyadjis

Archived