Phantis Forums

Olympiakos v OFI

NYC_Olympiakos

wait now...when did i say he "sucks" did you not just read my post megale??? i think rivaldo is a good player..there is no doubt about that..but his play europe is simply well..he is playing solidly but if his name wasnt rivaldo, im sure you would think his play in europe was simply alright...his play in greece is much better...he is given space and time and to be honest, the competition in greece isnt that great...but rivaldo is definitly helping oly out...in both greece and europe...but when he scores you say "THIS PROVES TO EVERYONE HE ISNT s%$#!"..hell man, bikofski has the same number as goals as rivaldo...him scoring a goal vs ofi doesnt prove anything...his play in greece is good, but his play in europe has been nothing above average yet...he is getting his skills and play back and mb ill be proven wrong in the future, but when the competitoin increases, rivaldo a less of a factor and the team becomes more of a factor...in greece, individual performances win teams games, and rivaldo is a much above average player in greece, but when the competition increases, he isnt the superstar that we use to see in him...i have admitted he is a good player for OLYMPIAKOS...he is what you need, but he is by no means at all a superstar like he once was...his best is far gone, but he still has good ball left in him...

i listn to what you say...alot of pao fans do say he is s%$#! blah blah blah...but the facts are he is not..and i dont like olympaikos cause of our rivalry, that is natural..but i like seeing all greek teams progres in europe...so dont think u have the right to tell me that just because i hate olympiakos my view on your players are altered...they are definitly not...i know where your players stand on a football view, not a rival view and if you look at most of my posts in the olympaikos forum you will see that....mb its not that you think i hate you, mb its that you love your club so much that that is blinding you from the truth...rivaldo is a good player..but he has not shown the abilities that he used to have consistanlty...he shows glimpses every now ad again and it is extensuatded in greece because the competition is much less then in europe...

I completely agree but when all summer long all we heard

hes old hes this hes that hes this hes that most of u never game him any chance of survival in the all importamt greek leauge and you know this is true

anyways lets stick to the topic

still unbeaten at karaiskaki no home team has yet to lose at karaiskaki

the only tean that dropped points was the national team vs turkey !

i agree with you that people were too quick to judge..and pao fans made immature staements saying that...and if rivaldo plays very well against pao, then alot of pao fans will end up looking very stupid..but oly fans take that, get upset and call him a god..its kind of like a seesaw..but anyway..a good scoreline for oly

.rivaldo is a good player..but he has not shown the abilities that he used to have consistanlty...he shows glimpses every now ad again and it is extensuatded in greece because the competition is much less then in europe...

If Ribo could join this forum here and express his opinion I'm sure he would apologise to you for the fact that he's not taking the ball from our box and running through the opposition midfielders and defenders (dribbling them all on the way) and then scoring after he has dribbled the goalkeeper as well.

I think this is what you expect to see from Rivaldo - BUT NOT WE. Of course we're waiting for him to show glimpses of his talent - any sensible would do the same.

Unfortunately the way football has changed with all these pressing and marking even Maradona could struggle.

The thing is he's taking some much attention from the opposition so the rest of our players inevitably get the chance to do their jobs in silence. And they're doing it quite well. Basically I'm talking about Europe obviously, as the greek league games can only be viewed at present, as warming-ups of the european games and nothing more.

And YES we'll call him God because he is THE BEST FOOTBALLER ever to honour this 2nd class League of ours.

Today Olympiakos played quite well from what I've heard and Deportivo also won at Villareal. Tuesday will be the battle of the battles.

If Ribo could join this forum here and express his opinion I'm sure he would apologise to you for the fact that he's not taking the ball from our box and running through the opposition midfielders and defenders (dribbling them all on the way) and then scoring after he has dribbled the goalkeeper as well.

I think this is what you expect to see from Rivaldo - BUT NOT WE. Of course we're waiting for him to show glimpses of his talent - any sensible would do the same.

Unfortunately the way football has changed with all these pressing and marking even Maradona could struggle.

The thing is he's taking some much attention from the opposition so the rest of our players inevitably get the chance to do their jobs in silence. And they're doing it quite well. Basically I'm talking about Europe obviously, as the greek league games can only be viewed at present, as warming-ups of the european games and nothing more.

And YES we'll call him God because he is THE BEST FOOTBALLER ever to honour this 2nd class League of ours.

Today Olympiakos played quite well from what I've heard and Deportivo also won at Villareal. Tuesday will be the battle of the battles.

haha..and he pretends like he knows modern football tactics as well...if you didnt realize megale, i was somewhat complimenting your GOD(if youd like to call him that) but you seem to pick out the parts of my post that argued against him...please pull your head out of your ass next time before you choose to respond and make yourself sound silly... ;)....

if you would like me to shed my light on the way football is today and what olympiakos' tactics and what rivaldo is doing for team, then ask me..because ou seem alittle lost...

Dragonfly I like your post and I generaly agree

Heavy marking and permissive referrees are the enemies of players like Rivaldo, anyway it is not only the age because look at Kafu!!

I hope that Rivaldo will be better as the season advances, only if the injuries spare him, God willimg

I understood that he had a knee injury and did not train for some days

Now, even so the brazilian duo is responsible for at least 2/3 of the goals of Oly in the league

They scored 7 (J 4 and R 3) and assisted some more (I know of 3 for sure, maybe were more) So as you said, their contribution to the league is important

It is a fact they play well together, when Geovanny was missing Rivaldo did not have the same nivel

Today they resolved the match between them with a little help from Nery Castillo, the rest were.... better not say anything, only Kafes was solid as always

Here is the match report:

Brazilian Affair in Red

Bajevic's offensive choices although slow, proved to be effective after all and paid off after many efforts by Olympiacos, who were also helped by OFI's defenders for the stress-relieving 1-0. The home team claimed an easy victory with 3 Brazilian goals; two by Giovanni and one by Rivaldo and so for at least two hours Olympiacos can enjoy staying at the top alone. Despite all, the players were not very good during the first half, since they could difficultly escape OFI's defense, at the same time when the Cretan had come very close to actually scoring. However, a tragic mistake in their defense at the extra time of the first period gave Giovanni the opportunity to open the score and pave the red way to victory.

Offensive Difficulty

Olympiacos' players entered the pitch in a good mood, but Bajevic's completely offensive formation rendered their center weak and the good defensive play of OFI did not allow Olympiacos to score. On the contrary, the Cretans threatened the home team and Machlas was too close to scoring with a header at 26' but Pantos blocked his way.

Defensive Aid

Throughout the first period, the redshirts tried rather unorthodoxly to threaten Sifakis' post but the Cretan goalkeeper was in a very good day, since he even blocked Castillo's excellent shot at 9'. Until scoring, this was Olympiacos' best moment, as Bajevic's players made beautiful but insufficient combinations. Georgatos from the left was in a terrible day, while Ribo had a difficult time by tough markings. The only one who really tried was Kafes, but his passes were unexploited. Finally, Olympiacos scored because of OFI's huge defensive mistake at extra time, when Giovanni was face to face with Sifakis, the latter did not shoot the ball very far from his post and Thomas instead of sendind the ball away, passed it to the Brazilian who opened the score.

Stress-Relieving Second Half

In the rerun the scenery had not changed, the home team was relieved from stress and the guests were tired and had reduced their offensive efforts. Five minutes after the start of the second period, Giovanni passed to Castillo who was facing Sifakis, but Castillo gave the ball back to Giovanni, who doubled his scores with an easy and cool shot. Olympiacos lost a few more opportunities, but finally Rivaldo scored the third goal of the match after Giovanni's excellent pass, while the only opportunity worth commenting from there on is the one Kafes lost at 85'. As for OFI, a good moment was at 67' when Machlas was dangerously near the red goalpost, but Anatolakis stopped him with what was a very dangerous, but yet highly effective tackling.

Olympiacos (Dusan Bajevic): Nikopolidis, Venetidis, Anatolakis, Kafes (88 Rezic), Rivaldo, Stoltidis, Castillo (71 Georgiadis), Georgatos (77 Maric), Pantos, Giovanni.

OFI (Giannis Chatzinikolaou): Sifakis, Kolitsidakis, Anastasiadis, Thomas, Belevonis, Koutsoures (87 Tzanis), Dentsos, Roubakis (74 Dermitzakis), Machlas, Triantafyllou (80 Dejanov), Nouafor.

i agree with you all...kafes did play a very very strong game...he seems to be the man behind the scenes this year..he has been pulling alot of strings deep in the midfield and has been really solid holder...people havent been pointing him out because he isnt a magical player or a goalscorer, but he is definitly doing a very good job in the midfield..hes got alittle problem with consistancy, but he has looked good as of late...

so what he is playing well in europe (play maker) very good in greece

now if he led the league in scoring even there u would find a reason he "sucks"

u would say "well its the greek league this"

deep down u know hes playing well

u just hate our team so much so dont listen to anything we say !

Very well said Thrillosmtl

now look Rivaldo may not be fifa player of the year or he maybe not great

but he is still good and there will be games when his greatness wills upon the opposing team

Look like i said in the past even though he mite have not scored he is still doing the other things

his presence alone as just boosted Olympiakos

there have been 3-4 games easily to say combing Greek and European play where he as been the clear cut best player on the pitch

as for the game Olympiakos came out on the attack early and often

but were unfortunately struggling against a pesky OFI team who played strong till the goals started coming in

Before Giovanni scored in stoppage time in the first half

in the 26 min Nikos Machlas had an opportunity to score but Pantos made a fine defensive play to prevent the scoring

But as good as OFI's defense it also costed them the goal as Giovanni put one in the back of the net and then Gio scored again and Rivaldo added on to a

3-0 win

now we can put this game to rest and worry about Deportivo La Coruna for the all important C.L. game

Archived