Phantis Forums

Mutu free agent!

Spears

you realize hes free because he does COCAINE. what the hell use is a druggie in a football team.

i agree.....wat do we need a druggie for...only disrupt the team.

While where at it lets sign mark bosnich, and kaklamanos, lets bring rene higuita as assistant manager, get some connections in colombia...and start dealing worldwide.

i agree.....wat do we need a druggie for...only disrupt the team.

While where at it lets sign mark bosnich, and kaklamanos, lets bring rene higuita as assistant manager, get some connections in colombia...and start dealing worldwide.

then we would be a very rich club :P

It seems that you continue the great tradition of green fans that consider "poreies" as trophies!! :LOL:

You are perhaps the only football club worldwide that is proud of going to the q-finals and s-finals of a competition and not actually winning it!! :LOL:

You are certainly the ONLY club worldwide that even keeps anniversary of a LOST final ( :LOL: ), and celebrates the defeat so passionately, with special editions of the green newspapers and special boradcasts from the green electronic media. :LOL:

Just a few years more waiting I suppose and perhaps UEFA can allow you to regard a "poreia" to the Q-finals as a trophie....so that you might be able to catch up with Olympiakos large collection of silverware. :P

It's so sad to think that the legendary club of the labour class of the country, with no connections in Europe whatsoever, has won 32 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS...and the club of the aristocrats and posh areas of Athens, with all the high-society connections (whether that was the Nazi sides , the Dictator a few years later etc, the close friends of Aslanidis and Despoina etc etc), have ONLY WON 19 !!! :(

Never mind, you can dream that you're the best team of the country in your sleep!! I keep my fingers crossed, no=one will wake you up during the dream so you can enjoy it... :P

Tell us please how you Gavroi would have felt if you reached the European Cup Final, even if you lose it?

I tell you how, You would celebrate it even more than us. I mean hell, you celebrated beating a Cypriot team away which is your greatest European away victory. You still celebrate that. You also celebrate winning the meaningless Greek Protathlima more than anyone else. So of course you'd celebrate a European final for decades.

Anyways, the original discussion started about which Greek club was the most famous and considered by the Europeans and the world to be the BIGGEST Greek team. In this respect, "poreies" are very important because they give you exposure and make your name. It puts us in the top 20 European clubs of all time while you are near 50. Tell me how much has ytour meaningless Greek protathlimata helped raise your European profile?

Even if you win another 50 Greek titles, nobody in the world will care. Let's be face it and be honest with ourselves here, the rest of the world don't give a feck about Greek league. But if you reach one, just one semi final of a major Euro tournament everyone will stand up and take note.

There is where you and all Gavroi complex comes from. Eisaste komplexiki my friend.

As for us, we don't care that we have less meaningless Greek cups and protathlimata, we already know we are the greatest Greek club and we'll prove it again this year.

Panos 13,

I like your style and your knowledge of our European pedigree.

Your point makes a lot of sense. I was talking to a Chilean guy the other day and he knew about Pao and our achievements in Europe and had a lot of respect for our club. When I mentioned Olympiakos he could not recall a year where they did anything to remember. They do have a proud record in Greece but it is tainted with the corruption brush. I recall even Gerrard Houllier commentating on it a frew years ago when Olympiakos had to play Liverpool on a big soccer english website.

Thanks. These guys need to be told the obvious sometimes. What they have always had is presidents with money who have ended up in jail. Despite all that, they have never mounted a challegne in Europe that was worth anything. Because they think small, they only think Elliniko protathlima.

The example I gave of Shaktar Donetsk and Dynamo Kiev is a very good one about them an us and that is exactly how it is.

Archived