Phantis Forums

PAO - Rangers

drakos13

athinaios good post but we can't build on success for the future when the organization is disorganized. Last season we were definitely on our way to something great and a Euro trophy was becoming more realistic. But hiring a coach w/ no experience and selling off players like Karagounis and Lybe means the management will have to change. Until that happens, it's the same old BS.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today they really looked like an inexperienced team w/ no real battle plan. They also seemed to lack confidence, and weren't very cohesive. Papadopoulos looks promising though. Anyway the team right now aren't in any shape to continue in the CL this season so I think they would be better off in the uefa cup. UNLESS, of course, they get rid of this coach quickly, then MAYBE. I'd love to see MARKARIAN come back but I don't know how realistic that is!

Lets see things realistically shall we?

PAO will need at least 4 points in the games against Stuttgard and a win at Ibrox...

Despite what happens against Man U, I think if we get the above results we can go through......

And dont forget guys that we have 6 major injuries (Nikopolides, Basinas, Olisadebe, Sanmartean, Kyriakos, Henriksen)!!! No other team could perform better in a similar situation.

When AEK has half of the injuries that we have, everybody is using as an excuse the injury of Lakis and Kasapis and Kapsis, which are not even the same quality players as the PAO ones...

So I believe with half of those players back for the remaining games (Basinas, Henriksen, Nikopolides, Sanmartean) PAO wll be able to perform much better...

However, Nobody can argue that some players dont have the quality of playing for a team such as PAO. Examples are Morris, Epale, Maric, Zutautas and of course the worst of all who became a hero, Konstadinedes (AKA Koyrada!!!)....

Lets hope my friends for something better in the remaining games.....

I don't quite follow you pappou. How is Moris not worthy to play at PAO? He's, what, 22-23, and yet he performed perfectly last night. Yet, I do agree that this team is not able to do anything major in the CL this year. Actually, no greek club is. I must say I'm satisfied with the way OSFP has performed so far, and I must congratulate them for their improvement but still, Sociedad seems to be far superior in taking results, which is what Europe is all about, and that doesn't say a lot of good things about OSFP's euro quality, does it? At least OSFP shows signs of improvement (by playing the tsoukou-tsoukou ball that they so much laughed at last year), so results will come eventually, while we have shown nothing but deterioration.

Shoum's not a great coach, that's for sure, be he's not the problem. It's been already written and spoken a myriad of times but I don't get bored of repeating it. Last year we were bound for big things and yet we managed nothing because we lacked a certain something. Instead of finding that certain something, we just reshaped the whole squad. Now, I'm not saying that Maric, Epale, etc are s%$#!. I'm just saying that you can't build you plans on a midfield line that has never played in the CL before. It's that simple. And yes, I too would love to see Markarian back, but most importantly I'd love to see Markarian next year's preseason, building the team that he wants. But I don't think he'll ever be back. He would do himself wrong if he did.

And by the way, we certainly did not deserve the draw last night. And it wasn't the great proud green jersey that saved face. It was simply luck, the same thing that cost OSFP the loss against Juventus the other night. Well, not exactly, in their case it was more on the line of their goalie's inability.

All I hope now is for us to be decent and put up a good fight. I still don't want us to proceed in the next round, I still don't want us to reach the UEFA cup.

well the 1-1 is a pretty dissapionting result for you Guys.... i thought pao were gonna be stronger than Rangers, anyway i think pao need a win next agaised stuttgart if they want a good chance of going through. and if pao loose to stutgart well it will seem to be almost over

to 1-1 den einai to apotelesma pou epizhtousame alla an mh ti allo den einai katastrofiko an skeftei kaneis thn e3eli3h tou x8esinou agwna. H omada epai3e metria sto prwto hmixrono kai me psyxh kai pa8os sto deutero, logoi pou odhghsan stin isopalia.

8a prepei twra na kanoume ektos edras nikh sta epomena paixnidia-arketa dyskolo gia tis mexri twra emfaniseis tis omadas- exontas vevaia sthn syn8esh mas pali ton basina pou an kai ksekinise nte-forme sigoura einai mia sigourh lysh sthn 11ada.

H skwtsezikh omada den edei3e tpt to a3iologo pou shmainei oti to diplo mesa sto ibrox den einai akator8wto anti8eta me thn stougardh pou edei3e oti einai mia poly kalh kai panw apo ola formarismenh omada

As euxh8oume loipon oi germanoi na mas ypotimhsoun stis 22 oktwmvriou sthn germania kai na pame na tous timwrisoume an kai 8a exoume dyskolo vrady an synexisoume na paizoume etsi.

idou h Rodos idou kai to phdhma

I don't quite follow you pappou. How is Moris not worthy to play at PAO? He's, what, 22-23, and yet he performed perfectly last night. Yet, I do agree that this team is not able to do anything major in the CL this year. Actually, no greek club is. I must say I'm satisfied with the way OSFP has performed so far, and I must congratulate them for their improvement but still, Sociedad seems to be far superior in taking results, which is what Europe is all about, and that doesn't say a lot of good things about OSFP's euro quality, does it? At least OSFP shows signs of improvement (by playing the tsoukou-tsoukou ball that they so much laughed at last year), so results will come eventually, while we have shown nothing but deterioration.

Shoum's not a great coach, that's for sure, be he's not the problem. It's been already written and spoken a myriad of times but I don't get bored of repeating it. Last year we were bound for big things and yet we managed nothing because we lacked a certain something. Instead of finding that certain something, we just reshaped the whole squad. Now, I'm not saying that Maric, Epale, etc are s%$#!. I'm just saying that you can't build you plans on a midfield line that has never played in the CL before. It's that simple. And yes, I too would love to see Markarian back, but most importantly I'd love to see Markarian next year's preseason, building the team that he wants. But I don't think he'll ever be back. He would do himself wrong if he did.

And by the way, we certainly did not deserve the draw last night. And it wasn't the great proud green jersey that saved face. It was simply luck, the same thing that cost OSFP the loss against Juventus the other night. Well, not exactly, in their case it was more on the line of their goalie's inability.

All I hope now is for us to be decent and put up a good fight. I still don't want us to proceed in the next round, I still don't want us to reach the UEFA cup.

Yoy are mostly right my friend, but nobody can argue that Moris (even though he had a food game yesturday) has a calibre worthy of Champions league games.

And he is probably one of the BEST transfers compared to others that came last summer....

But the bottomline is that these players are not capable of meeting the demands of the PAO squad! Remember PAO in the early 90's. We had Saravakos, Mavrides, Kapoyrani, Antonioy Borelli, Mukland etc etc. Tell me, can we compare todays squad with the one back then? NO WAY! And we are supposed to make progress every year that goes by........

I think the ressurection of PAO will come when Zaets and his BULL&/%$%$IT, take a hike from the club. :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

you know what guys... when i am reading your posts, it seems like everyone of you are the best coaches and know football so well!!! but you know what, some of you dont understand a thing about it! Some of your comments sound so stupid!!! and shows your not understanding about this sport. So better keep your mouth shut until you will start to understand what's going on the pich...

I think so too, pappou. I don't mind Zaets being in the club, but what I do mind is for him to be in charge of who's in and who's out. That's mostly the coach's job. But I think the resurrection of PAO will occur the moment the Giannakopoulos bros. take over.

Irlande, I agree with your remark as well.

Gents, I did not see the game live, heard it on the radio however. It sounded as if Pao was quite dangerous when attacking with Epale, according to the announcers.

I also believe, that Morits, playing in the centre of the defense made some mistakes, but overall was solid. Here is my question to the fans?

Did we axpect the team to come together in two months and actually content in the CL? If we did, then we are fooling ourselves. As one of the members mentioned, we are playing in the CL with a midfield that IS BRAND NEW TO THE CL. To those that know the game, and I assume that we all do!! without direction from the midfield, there will be failure. So instead of setting our goals too high, that they become unattainable, maybe we should set attainble goals, that can reached and move on as its goal is achieved.Ex, maybe our goal this year should be to win the Greek League and then look towards more success in the CL next year. Just a thought.!!!!! :box: :box: <_< <_<

Boys and girls.

Considering the facts we should be delighted with 1-1.

Pao was horrific in every aspect of the game.

We were missing our best players, now add Kyrgiakos on the list

We played with 10 for most of the second half

The Scotts are talking about their Greek tragedy because they should have taken 3 points from that game...

This team cannot play vs Ionikos and we expect to beat any semidescent team?

It will be a pleasant surprise if we do not finish last and get beated badly in the next games.

I only have hope and faith in the return of our injured players especially Bassinas and Manolis.

It will be difficult to get ONE win and I hope that comes at least vs Stuttgart.

To qualify for the Uefa we must get points away and that is not impossible if we get the full team back and they play more together, like a team...

Good bye European glory, welcome protathlima missery.

Thank you Vardinokauli for destroying our PAO.

I hope you are as misserable as us real fans, but somehow I do not think you care...

Yes we can do ok in the protathlima because all the teams SUCK!!!

Pou katantisame...

On a lighter note, we are so low we can only go UP

PEACE

i am right now watching rangers v celtic, and rangers can play, i think considering the ref and the sending off, plus the fact that the team isnt as good as it can be, nor is playing well. a 1-1 is a good result.

it will be difficult to pik up wins, but if we can beat both united and stutgart at home, and nik a point or two away, we cna go through,

lets hope one of those two is through and plays weak squad in the last game

Archived