26-JUN-05: 19:00 GR: Hanover: Winner B - Runner-up A

3rd PLACE GAME

29-JUN-05: 19:00 GR: Leipzig: semifinal losers

FINAL

29-JUN-05: 21:45 GR: Frankfurt: Semifinal winners

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FIFA Confederations Cup will be held in Germany in June of 2005. Greece as European champions will be one of the 8 teams taking part. The other teams are: Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Australia, Mexico, Tunisia and Japan.

The draw for the tournament will be made on November 1, 2004. Germany as hosts are seeded in Group A, and Brazil as the World Champion in Group B.

See the schedule of the tournament above, and post any news about the competition in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

The draw of the competition just completed. Greece was draw in Group B with Brazil, Japan and Mexico. The first game by the Greek NT is against Brazil on June 15, 2005.

The draw:

Group A

Germany

Australia

Argentina

Tunisia

Group B

Brazil

Greece

Japan

Mexico

For full schedule check the opening post of this thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

brazil arent that great....personally i dont care if we take Chalkias out of goal and let him mark Ronaldo becuase he is NOT the threat! The huge problems will come from Ronaldinho and Kaka.......we need Zagorakis to take kaka...Kapsis vs Ronaldo? Im not worried at all....this is our chance and you know all the manges want to beat them.....

i think we can win if we play well and focused like the euro but argentina im worried about....

Brazil is like the Manchester or Arsenal or Chelsea - everyone wants to beat them regardless if it is a friendly or Cup or World Cup. There a class team. I agree Ronaldo is not the MAIN threat, but he is a threat nonetheless. Our defence will do well and I think Zagorakis will do well - its wat the rest of the midfield can do or how they will help Zagorakis out.

Do you think otto and the boys are going to play there best players and try n win the cup or r they gonna mix n match with youth & experience???

i personally would like to see greece go out to win the cup coz lets face it were not gonna get another chance to be in it...

Also a little bit of mix n matching would b nice...

With Brazil, this is probably the 1st and last time any otf the older guys will play them s they'll definately be gunning to beat them (and Otto shouldn't play the youngsters). If he's gonna play the youngsters, we should put them in against Japan (our weakest opponents). Mexico are also very good, but some youth up front would definately help (Amanatidis, Salpingidis and/or Gekkas) as their defense is thier weakness.

FORZA ELLAS!! :D :tup: :king: :nw: :gr: :gr:

For Greece to win i think they should play there very best

I saw the match between chelsea and barcelona in feb. and ronaldinho didn't play that well

What the defense should do is not give him any chances, block him(just like they did in the euro) and not foul because that would probably be a sure goal

The game against brazil would show what our team is really made up of and i know they will win

I'm sure Otto will use this to experiment; why take a chance on the first choice players when we need to keep them injury free for the WC qualifiers? He won't use a completely different line up obviously but it will be good for players like Gekas and Amanatidis to get more experience and playing time. And it's my understanding that Brazil will not use their first team, so we won't see Ronaldino and the others (maybe Kaka).

Will these games be braodcast in Australia, has any one heard if SBS or Fox will have these games live.

Can't wait to do more burnouts through Brighton Le Sands with the flag hanging out the window and the air horns on full blast.

Pou reh yamoto i can't wait.

HELLAS HELLAS HELLAS.

Archived