Phantis Forums

Shum Fired!!!

slick13

there were three reasons for booting shum as given by the club.

1: the euro (cl/uefa) disaster since he came

2: his relationship with zaec

3: his relationship with the players.

Terrible move to fire him at this point and time, im sure the replacement will be a nobody.

BTW: that israeli did not even meet with the players to say his farewells !

:blink:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at first i was happy when i read the hreadlines...but its a bad idea to fire him...he needs at least till winter break..we will not bring in someone good.. i can feel it...zaaec will have full control of the new puppet.. i resect shoum because he gave us the double and he stood up to zaec and al lthe bullshit...i would be satisfied if we got a better coach, but its not gunna happen...very bad move for us...

Many of us PAO fans have good comments on this firing.

I have NEVER liked, or respected SCUM as a coach.

He was brought to do one job only: listen to Zaets and not ask for money or players...

As long as he did that and won domestically, he would have a job, otherwise...

He coached ONE good game, the CUP final vs gauro 3-1, and was helped by the ignorance of the opponent "coach" :LOL:

PAO's best game last season was the 1-3 at Glasgow, where in fact Scum did not really coach, but left the players free to play attacking football since nothing was at stake

The fact that PAO is the double winner has less to do with Scum and more with heroics from players that rose to the occasion. Manolis was our saviour four times, the last three league games and the tie with AEK in the cup (2-2). Goumas vs gauro (2-2) and AEK in the cup semi. Before that it was PAPA or someone else

(Munch, Giourkas, Basinas) that would come out to make something happen.

The way PAO played last year was not planned but improvised

This year Gonzo "eixe kaifia" in the first three games.

The loss to PSV reminded ALL who Scum really is, when the players are unable to save him...

I believe that was the final blow, as well as his disagreements with the BOSS... Zaets

What is ironic, is that just when Scum tried to do something good:

Against too many foreigners, Halkias over Galinovic, and more attacking style ... He gets sacked

His firing came suddenly and at a crucial time for the CL

If PAO gets someone that will be able to work with Zaets, but not be intimidated by him, this firing will be a good move, otherwise... "ta idia, ta idia , mas prixate t' ar...dia"

Some unknown Czech will probably not be the answer, we might as well make Zaets the coach and manager, that will spare us from the "drama"

My pick would be either one of the PAO great, of the past, or a name coach, but NOT Anastasiadis...

He had a lot of problems controlling the players last time, he can not take the pressure of a big time team and does not like foreigners...

Plus he makes embarrassing remarks and mixes religion with sports.

"Me tin voithia ths Panagias" or "Oti thelei o Theos"... is not the best way to plan for a good result !!! :o

A player that has already played at PAO, would be a great choice, since one would hope that there would be more familiarity and mutual respect, something essential for the dynamics of this relationship between MANAGER and COACH at PAO.

It looks like Zaets is here to stay, he is close to Yiannis Vardinokaulis and is "good" with money aka "CHEAP" !!! :tdown:

My greatest concern is how the team will rebound for the crucial Arse-anal home game, now that PAPA is... missing. I did not see a reason to keep Scum any longer, and while I disagree with the way he was fired I am not sad to see him go, and neither are the players :whistle:

More important is how the players are going to respond to this, and the new coach.

They have a break next weekend which gives some extra time to sort things out.

Maybe Manolis' return will be the best present the new coach can get :D

PEACE

Look whos folllowing OSFP' steps in the last few years

Coach brings them a double after 7 years he gets the boot.,

Better play in Greece then in europe

Juts like OLympiakos of the last 7 years

My oh my how the roles have been switched

I can see the arguments in the near future

Pao bragging about their success in the greek league but nothing in europe (at least so far this season)

Us bragging about euro and getting robbed by the refs in greece

welcome to greek soccer!

Many of us PAO fans have good comments on this firing.

I have NEVER liked, or respected SCUM as a coach.

He was brought to do one job only: listen to Zaets and not ask for money or players...

As long as he did that and won domestically, he would have a job, otherwise...

He coached ONE good game, the CUP final vs gauro 3-1, and was helped by the ignorance of the opponent "coach" :LOL:

PAO's best game last season was the 1-3 at Glasgow, where in fact Scum did not really coach, but left the players free to play attacking football since nothing was at stake

The fact that PAO is the double winner has less to do with Scum and more with heroics from players that rose to the occasion. Manolis was our saviour four times, the last three league games and the tie with AEK in the cup (2-2). Goumas vs gauro (2-2) and AEK in the cup semi. Before that it was PAPA or someone else

(Munch, Giourkas, Basinas) that would come out to make something happen.

The way PAO played last year was not planned but improvised

This year Gonzo "eixe kaifia" in the first three games.

The loss to PSV reminded ALL who Scum really is, when the players are unable to save him...

I believe that was the final blow, as well as his disagreements with the BOSS... Zaets

What is ironic, is that just when Scum tried to do something good:

Against too many foreigners, Halkias over Galinovic, and more attacking style ... He gets sacked

His firing came suddenly and at a crucial time for the CL

If PAO gets someone that will be able to work with Zaets, but not be intimidated by him, this firing will be a good move, otherwise... "ta idia, ta idia , mas prixate t' ar...dia"

Some unknown Czech will probably not be the answer, we might as well make Zaets the coach and manager, that will spare us from the "drama"

My pick would be either one of the PAO great, of the past, or a name coach, but NOT Anastasiadis...

He had a lot of problems controlling the players last time, he can not take the pressure of a big time team and does not like foreigners...

Plus he makes embarrassing remarks and mixes religion with sports.

"Me tin voithia ths Panagias" or "Oti thelei o Theos"... is not the best way to plan for a good result !!! :o

A player that has already played at PAO, would be a great choice, since one would hope that there would be more familiarity and mutual respect, something essential for the dynamics of this relationship between MANAGER and COACH at PAO.

It looks like Zaets is here to stay, he is close to Yiannis Vardinokaulis and is "good" with money aka "CHEAP" !!! :tdown:

My greatest concern is how the team will rebound for the crucial Arse-anal home game, now that PAPA is... missing. I did not see a reason to keep Scum any longer, and while I disagree with the way he was fired I am not sad to see him go, and neither are the players :whistle:

More important is how the players are going to respond to this, and the new coach.

They have a break next weekend which gives some extra time to sort things out.

Maybe Manolis' return will be the best present the new coach can get :D

PEACE

hey be fair. the only way he would keep is job is succumbing to that peice of s%$#! zaec.

also we got a double- and may i add we lost Kara, Lympe, Kolkka, Vokolos... we only lost ONCE all season in greece. thats ONE GOAL away from an undefeated season.

You cant really argue with the results though. he deserved to get more of a chance but something tells me he lost his job to something unrelated to team performance. I think lately with the exeption of PSV we are playing great, attacking and scoring and putting good use of Minx and Gonzalez.

The only good thing from this firing is that

we may get a big name coach (camacho, voeller, del bosque- but i dont know if thats a good thing)

and Zutautas, Maric, and Kourada will never see the pitch again.

We should be thankful. I hate having the cups in pireas every year. Soum deserves a chance and a thank you from the PAO supporters of breaking a 7 year spell after taking heavy losses in players, criticism in the begining and not much spent on transfers that summer. Im sure given freedom and - Zaec the whore he would be even better....

This is GREAT news. Even though I'm a Xanthi supporter I like PAO and want to see them do well domestically and in Europe. I don't believe Schum ix experienced enough to lead them to European glory. But we should thank Yitzak for leading PAO to the title last season.

Thanks Yitzak and good luck in the future

well, it's bizzarely nice to hear that he was fired but the reason or the person behind his contract's annulment is Zaiec which bothers everybody... in this forum or somewhere else, shum's always been critisized for two things...

1- being an absolute puppy to Zaiec

2- making PAO play a bad defensive football esp in European Comps

as good as i see, the second reason is still there as we saw PSV v PAO game in which PSV had 15 shots to PAO's 2, tellin' the whole story...

but, his selection of Chalkyas over SuperMario and his persistance in Morris probably prepared his end... esp when he placed Morris against Rosenborg it was the beginning of the end... if PAO somehow lost to Rosenborg or even a draw could have fried Shum then but the win kept him for three more weeks...

after that Zaiec started to wait for a simple reason to get rid of Shum... the 0-1 loss to PSV was one but he still waited patiently :angry: ... when PAO had a torrid game @ Kalamaria, he was all but ready...

now that Shum's gone, check out for a Croation coach to replace him... i don't count Scasni as a candidate but it could probably be a coach based in Croatia... although i don't know any names, i won't be surprised to see one of the current coaches of top Croat teams come and sign a deal with PAO...

I certainly wanted PAO to get rid of Yitzhak, but not like this way... and velymir zaiec may argubly be the biggest player PAO has seen, but he is the candidate for the worst director PAO has seen as well :angry: ...

well he wasnt a total "puppy" the main reason he was fired was of disagreement over summer transfers....i also think this had something to do with Xalkias being picked over Galinovic.......Soum is given Zaec favourite players , play friendly against there stupid teams....Zaec is the infection PAO has. we need to get this a**hole out. Im sure hes the reason why Soum has to put useless s%$#! in like Maric, sign Gali and Andric. I dont think we are going to get more than a puppet for the next coach and its disapointment. Zaec really has to go- i hate him, his favoritism and making PAO rot from the inside.

Shum's problem was probably his bad PR (also in Israel), the language barrier, and obviously Zaec. with a manager like that it's easy to see how PAO hasn't won anything lately (although i don't really know how many years he's there).

PAO really were terrible in the CL. I don't understand why. i remember seeing ur highlights and it was usually so poor, even pathetic.

Anyway now that he's gone, i wonder if it will really change the way you look in europe. But i kinda doubt it.

now that Shum's gone, check out for a Croation coach to replace him... i don't count Scasni as a candidate but it could probably be a coach based in Croatia... although i don't know any names, i won't be surprised to see one of the current coaches of top Croat teams come and sign a deal with PAO...

Just what i was thinking when i heard this news :tdown:

I thought that was a bad job of Pao to let Shum go at this point

Granted i don't agree with his tactics at times not wanting to open the game up

but he was still successful i mean he got Pao not 1 but 2 cups last season and before him it was 8 years of now silverware

I mean this just looks bad for the organization and its not just Pao its Olympiakos too i mean since Kokkalis took in charge in 1993 i believe we have had 19 coaches but this one looks bad for Pao

but Shum isn't innocent here too b/c i know he wants out one reason is pressure from fans and the media its in all sports like that but Greek fans and media really push u and he knows he isn't that well liked and he leaves the club on a good note since they are still first in the Greek league, lets say Pao does both bad in the Greek league and in Europe. Shum stock will rise

anywayz thats wut i think a little of both but maybe a bit more from Pao management

Wake the ff..k up people. Schum was fired because he did not listen to the despoti Zaets. His replacement will be another small-timer that nobody has heard of. If you are happy to see Schum go, just wait till you see his replacement :angry:

Ok looking at things more calmly today we have to take into consideration the following:

1. We have to make sure that credit and blame are given to the right person. On the one hand if Zaec is ruling then he have to take the credit for the double and the blame for the european tragedy (In PAO standards). On the other hand, if it was Schum who had control then he has to take the credit and the blame for the above things. It is not possible to blame Zaec for picking the team when the team has won the double and it is not normal to blame Schum because the team hasn't performed in Europe.

2. Bearing in mind the performances of PAO in during Schum era we have to agree that we did not show any good signs of football. Even when we won the double it was because we were beter than the other circuses playing in the league. That however did not make us a good team.

3. However we cannot totaly blame Schum for the performances because the players were not the same as the Markarian team. So again comparissons cannot be made.

This is a very tricky situation guys and can be analysed for months!!! Several things are for sure...

1. Schum came to PAO as Zaec's puppet.

2. Something happened lately that changed that. Schum decided to take control after the success of the team domestically last year. Zaec obviously did not like that. I think the point that changed everything was the use of Galinovic where after the mistake against Rosenborg schum stated that "I always though Halkias was our No.1 keeper" which was clearly a sponta to Zaec....

3. Apparently though I have very good sources (you know that I am always right on that) that the problem was not becauise of the use of players such as Andric or Mitu. The problem was for more influencial PAO players. I think the problem was Gonzalez, Konstadinou, Basinas....

4. Schum started having problems with several players. This is certain.

5. We all have to agree however that things cannot get worse from this point. It is not normal for the team to perform worse that it did in Holland. Even with NO coach this disasterous football cannot continue.

I too agree that we are getting a coach which will be Zaec's puppet. Anastasiadis is out of the question it has been confirmed. Skazni will probably be the replacement and fortunately the league and CL breal will give him sufficient time to get to know the team.

By the way it just hit me what the biggest blow of letting Schum go will be for us!!!!

HIS DAUGHTER!!!!!

Poor Abi, you had the misfortune not to get to know me before your dad went home.... :P Its a shame indeed... You missed the opportunity but you can still come and play with popps during your summer holidays!!!! :tup: :P :nw:

Archived