Phantis Forums

Swiss TV.....

Well.... if you get the decoder for Digital TV from Swisscom....precisely "Swissfun"...so you will be able to watch ERT SAT... for free...

There are some packages for the Italian programms....for 10 Franks a month ...but they

do not show CL....sometimes UEFA Cup.

A Turkish Channel, which you get free shows CL games of the Turkish teams.

In generally you get....additionally about 50 new programms... including BBC1 and BBC2..... and you can watch the "Match of the Sunday"...but no CL...

What else you could do: ....you can get a subscription....from Cablecom..for the German Premium TV-Broker.... they show a lot and different CL games... but

1. It's expensive...

2. And not all places/regions are eligible for this TV Broker... ... (technically)

PS. In general we are a bit spoilt here in Switzerland..... because SRG , SSR and TSI...show sometimes 3 different CL games.... then we have SAT1..., ORF1/2.....also TF1....and sometimes Canale5.....are showing CL games..... .......the problem is that they rarely show CL games with Greek participation..........

But here in Zurich there is a Greek Restaurant or Kafenio and they get all channels...except Magic TV.... if you buy a coffee....., you can watch all the Greek games.....it depends what the majority...wants to see...

nightsurfer :nw: !

i would go to kafeneio but i am in lugano where there is no greek community whatsoever.

do you have any of these services? i applied for cablecom and they said they were shipping out a box to me in 12 days!!!? i am really confused because they are just going to send it without any verification at all, credit card etc... this doesnt sound swiss at all. then what i plug in into the wall it magically works????

also do you know if the digital cable comes with all the basic swiss channels- i wanted TSI2 italian speaking channel and i noticed its not on the list.....i thought this was supposed to be free in broadcast (or technically not because they F***ing tax for tv/radio <_< )

Well some years ago, I paid for the decoding box of Swisscom.. 600 sFrancs....now they are giving it for free... but you pay around 25 sfrans a month... and you can get around 50 TV stations from all over Europe... (but no CL except the Turkish Stations) .

Turks and Italians can get additional packages for around 10 sFrancs a month with additional Channels... I think the Turks can watch with these additional fees...all their matches.

The installation is easy

You can get TSI2 free on the normal analog TV if you are an anlaog Cablecom member.

Yesterday SRG and SSR were showing Chelsea - Porto.... TSI2 tends to show Italian games....although the Ticinese don't like necessarily the Italians ?????? In this context

the TS2 showed Milan - Celtic yesterday..... and I was always checking the result of PAO :(

Well some years ago, I paid for the decoding box of Swisscom.. 600 sFrancs....now they are giving it for free... but you pay around 25 sfrans a month... and you can get around 50 TV stations from all over Europe... (but no CL except the Turkish Stations) .

Turks and Italians can get additional packages for around 10 sFrancs a month with additional Channels... I think the Turks can watch with these additional fees...all their matches.

The installation is easy

You can get TSI2 free on the normal analog TV if you are an anlaog Cablecom member.

Yesterday SRG and SSR were showing Chelsea - Porto.... TSI2 tends to show Italian games....although the Ticinese don't like necessarily the Italians ?????? In this context

the TS2 showed Milan - Celtic yesterday..... and I was always checking the result of PAO :(

wait im confused- i dont have any cable right now. i only ordered the digital. does this mean i wont get the basic swiss channels or its included int the package but doesnt say - also do u know the website for swisscom cable??? i havent had luck finding it.....im not too big a fan of them anyways....last year they SCREWED me with a phone/internet. diff story... yeah i know i watched milan celitc too

http://www.cablecom.ch/

As far as I know in order to get the digital...you have to have cable... if not, you wont get the signals... but maybe I m mistaken .

With the digital box you don't get SRG, SSR, TSI ...and so on.... they are in the analog cable..... myself I do not have a subscription...but is my landlord, who has it....

But normally in Switzerland all houses have a cable access....did you already look around in your room.... ?

Click on the above link....and under the pictures of the young lads, you can tap in, your address.... there you see at once what services are possible in your flat/house

Also it's new that Cablecom introduced a phone service...under very good conditions...and youl could have internet-fastline , TV and Phone Services from them.

Their prices at the moment are very competitive....

If you live permantely in Switzerland, think about it !

No, Swisscom and Cablecom...are not the same Company...

Ask your Landlord, if he has a cable (receiving TV Channels)....

There 2 outlets... 1 for Phone and one for TV.. .so make sure, you dogged the correct one...

Then the cable must go first to the Decoder.... then to your video...(if you have one) and then from there to your TV.....

Then you have to initialize the Decoder.... with the Region Code Key....

PS.. Yesterday over Digital TV.. on RAi2..., you could have watched Udinese - Panionios

Archived